PDA

View Full Version : Hello for HOT Texas

nathan madsen
09-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey guys,

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Nathan Madsen, a professional composer and sound designer living in the long horn state. My "day job" is writing music and producing SFX for anime trailers, commercials, DVD features and websites. My side work is mostly in video games (PC, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP and the casual web game development) but I've also done some film work as well.

My website, www.madsenstudios.com, has samples of my work (30 listening and 9 video) and I should have more posted once they get published.

I'm a MAJOR East West fan! I have 8 libraries so far: Orchestra and Orchestra XP, Choirs, Colossus, Stormdrum, MOR, VOP and RA. I'm also trying to work out some iLok issues, but you can read more about that in my thread entitled "iLok woes" in the tech support section.

Feel free to say hey and I'd love to chew the fat about anything!

Take care,

Nathan

Andrew Sigler
10-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Hey Nate,

Hot is right...upper 80's low 90's in August here in Austin. Where are you? I checked out your site and was impressed by your videos and music...really great work.

Welcome to the Forum!

-Andy

nathan madsen
10-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Hey Siguitar,

Thanks for checking out my work and for the kind words! I'm in Ft Worth. I was down in Austin for the GDC. Were you there? I'm down in Austin on and off because I work with some people down there and also have family that lives there.

Have a great day!

Andrew Sigler
10-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Nathan,

I was not at GDC this year. How did it go?

I went to check out your 'ilok woes' thread, but it seems to have disappeared...?

-Andy

nathan madsen
10-01-2007, 08:50 AM
I think it got moved up, or deleted. I updated it to fixed, so I'm guessing a Mod took it down. The problem was I needed to reinstall the iLok drivers after updating Play.

GDC went great! I got to meet with some great people, do the networking thing and attending some really incredible seminars.

DallasComposer
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey Nate, good to see another Texan on here, waves to you from across the Trinity river.

Great music on your site.

How about them Cowboys!!

fongi
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey Nathan welcome from not too hot Germany just 12c degrees today! I lisened to your music, real good ! What is it you say in Texas "YaŽll come chat now " Chris

Nash
10-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Welcome to forum!

Nice place for sure

Nash

nathan madsen
10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Thank you Nash!

I've updated my webpage since joining these forums. There are several things I'm still needing to tweak and work out- but for the most part it is ready. I should also have some new trailers published soon that I'll be posting as well.

Thanks,

Nathan

nathan madsen
10-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Also, I should note that for the past week I was out of town and the contact form on my website was not working properly. So while I was gone I got 11 blank emails in my inbox! So if you were trying to reach me, please try again! The contact form is now working.

Thanks!

Nathan

nathan madsen
06-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey guys,

Website has been COMPLETELY redone with a good deal more material : www.madsenstudios.com (http://www.madsenstudios.com/). Check it out!

Oh and I'm not in hot TX anymore. Now I'm in cool Colorado. :P

Thanks,

Nate

PS- nothing like updating a thread that is nearly three years old, right?

peter5992
06-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Welcome back Nate! Greetings from breezy and sunny San Francisco. Love your website.

ps in 'news section', 3rd June update, 'stadegy game' should be 'strategy game'. (yes I am the original nitpicker).

nathan madsen
06-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Ah good catch! :P I knew I shouldn't drink chocolate milk while doing web design! I'll fix it once I get CS4 uploaded on my new machine.

Thanks!

Nate

Richard Bowling
06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Welcome... Hook em Horns

tedreedy
06-18-2010, 04:55 AM
I realize this is from 07, so technically you should be welcoming me, but welcome!! :)