PDA

View Full Version : Lamento

mike753
07-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Hi all,

I wrote this tune as reaction to the death of a young person. He was the son of a very close friend of mine, who became victim of an assault. He was only 21. As my friend lives very far away from me at the moment, it was the only way for me to express my compassion.

Though it's of course very personal, I want to share the tune with you, as it demonstrates (as I hope) the expressive possibilites one gets with Gold.

Thanks for listening.

Michael

Lamento (http://www.m-hennig.com/?channel=music&play=lamento)

Sicmu
07-02-2005, 08:47 AM
This is beautiful,sober and deeply emotional while short (the Barber adagio is not far but the harmonies are closer to Franz Schmidt).
But please, if you decide to share this music, do it because you have something to say as a composer and not to turn one more time a composition into a demo for the library : the library is made to SERVE your inspiration, but I acknowledge that the strings sound very good and expressive in your piece.

mike753
07-02-2005, 09:35 AM
if you decide to share this music, do it because you have something to say as a composer and not to turn one more time a composition into a demo for the library : the library is made to SERVE your inspiration

Good point, Sicmu. But before I applied the library to realize the composition, it was already written down. I just mentioned the library because this is the demo section of the EWQL forum.

Michael

DaveWalton
07-02-2005, 12:15 PM
But please, if you decide to share this music, do it because you have something to say as a composer and not to turn one more time a composition into a demo for the library : the library is made to SERVE your inspiration, but I acknowledge that the strings sound very good and expressive in your piece.

I'm completely missing the point about turning a composition into a demo for the library. If anyone can clarify...

Anyway, about the piece. Almost always, the best pieces are the ones that have been written for a real reason. This is a great example of that. Very expressive and emotional with a lot of realism.

Dave