PDA

View Full Version : Hello

EarlRShay
10-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Earl here, completed doctoral studies in choral conducting, with a background in voice and opera. In 1993 I editted, translated, and typeset a Graun Oratorio. Due to union restrictions at they time, I was not able to distribute the typeset edition with the performance tape. I'm currently working with EW symphonic choirs to render the oratorio using GPO/Finale, Kontakt 2/VSO and will soon spring for Sonivox strings. I'm having a great time with Symphonic Choirs and will post some sections for review as soon as I get DP5 and render.

Best wishes,
Earl

manieves
10-09-2007, 10:20 AM
welcome
looking forward to to hearing your music--i myself like to write choral music but it is very hard to get it performed--especially when most people don;'t like it--which is why i have symphonic choirs as well--it is a great tool and i am sure you will have fun with it

again welcome

fongi
10-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Hi Earl and welcome ! GPO ? I threw mine in the bottom draw the day I heard Gold ! :D

Nash
10-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Welcome! I can't wait to hear your choir work, I am sure we will all like it.

Cheers,

Nash

paulwr
10-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Earl here, completed doctoral studies in choral conducting, with a background in voice and opera. In 1993 I editted, translated, and typeset a Graun Oratorio. Due to union restrictions at they time, I was not able to distribute the typeset edition with the performance tape. I'm currently working with EW symphonic choirs to render the oratorio using GPO/Finale, Kontakt 2/VSO and will soon spring for Sonivox strings. I'm having a great time with Symphonic Choirs and will post some sections for review as soon as I get DP5 and render.

Best wishes,
Earl

Sonivox (Sonic Implants before) is my second favorite. EW is 95% my go to library. Sonivox is not cheap........ why not go EW if you like the choir library? There were recorded in the same hall and would compliment each other better than any other combination.