PDA

View Full Version : If you look hard, you can see me waving through the rain..

Andoran
10-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Eddie and I reside in the Pacific Northwest, Washington state. I have been a professional musician doing composition and fusion jazz (playing piano, keyboards and saxes) doing session work and live performance. I've taken a break for the last 10 yrs from touring/performing to be with my family and raise my 3 daughters. They're mostly grown now and for a while now I've been getting interested in film/television composition, and the fact that in this day and age one can do it from home. I love many different styles and flavors of music and combined many musical elements when composing fusion pieces, and I've been told much of what I do would work well for the screen.

I've upgraded my home studio (so amazing what one can do at home these days) and have just purchased EWQLSO Gold Xp Pro/Colossus/RA/Symphonic Choirs and am very impressed with the sonic quality so far, and the fact that everything seems to be working well in Sonar 7 Producer. I have a Yamaha Motif ES8 for my main keybed, and a Korg O1W/FD that I bought years ago and cant seem to part with heh,an old DX7 and other rack synths. A Yamaha Pro Alto is my main sax these days.

I've been lurking about on these forums for about a month now, a very interesting and talented group. I'm in the process of having someone put together a website where I can host some music, and I look forward to posting some of it here to get feedback from you all. Also any info or links that you can offer regarding getting started on the business side of Film/television scoring would be most appreciated.

fongi
10-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi Eddie, welcome err no canīt see you waving through anything ??? :D

Gedren
10-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Hello Eddie, welcome to the forum!

I hope you will be able to post your music here soon. It will very interesting to listen to it!

Nash
10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Welcome Buddy! Enjoy! :)

Andoran
10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks all
The website is in the works, in the meantime, is there a good hosting site you can recommend for getting some clips uploaded to the net? I've never messed with Myspace at all, though I have an account I've never used heh.

Eddie

MrAlex
10-20-2007, 06:18 PM
www.soundclick.com seems to be popular... Welcome to the site, I really look forward to hearing some of your music Eddie.

Andoran
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the tip MrAlex, I've got a page set up at Soundclick now (and Myspace heh), and posted my first offering on the Music thread here.