PDA

View Full Version : Something Different for me

Evan
07-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Well This piece started off as me fooling around with amplitude trying to get the hang of it, when I decided to make a piece out of this riff i came up with.

The Production is kinda sloppy because for some reason my computer Crackles and makes hell when trying to record with audio and midi at the same time. So my ears could only take so much.

But without further adue here is my latest http://www.evangamble.com/music/improbus.mp3

Mills2k
07-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Pretty cool :). Very video game music... could fit in Halo or some other shooter very well. The high-hat in the right pan gets very annoying by 1:30 because it's the same exact thing over and over... might want to watch out for that.

Anyways, in terms of a name, choose something bada**.

ToddK
07-04-2005, 11:06 AM
i think you mean "AmplituBe" right??

I've used it, as well as Guitar Rig. I prefer the Pod. :)
Your guitars are decent, but a bit blurry.
Its common for guitarists to use too much distortion.
Better to use a bit less, and learn how to use a compresor
to get the impact and sustain.

Your drum programming could use some slight improvements.

As well as the sound. Are you compressing your drums individualy?
Watch those hi hat levels/velocities.

Overall, i like the idea. Definatly formidable video game music.
Keep working on it!

TK

Evan
07-04-2005, 02:35 PM
yeah i mean amplitube...I didnt expect to make this into a piece at first so I was sloppy..*shame*. Ill go back and check out various levels of distortion. One reason i like to use a lot is because i dont play guitar. The original wave file is a cheesy guitar program from my korg karma. I then ran that through amplitube. The more i hide the original sample the better! :cool: Thanks for the replys so far!

BTW I decided on using "improbus" as the title. Its "bad" in latin. I love using random latin words as titles because they sound cool and no one knows what the hell they mean! :p

mikosworld
07-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Great !!!
Do you used Drums samples in loops ? :confused:

Dogforester
07-05-2005, 11:59 AM
I love using random latin words as titles because they sound cool and no one knows what the hell they mean!

LOL ! :D

rock on !

I didnt expect to make this into a piece at first so I was sloppy

I know what you mean, I do exactly the same if I don't think I'll finish it.

we salute you, are half inflated dark lord ! (I watch too much Simpson's)

Beach
07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Simply great!!!
This is really something different, I mean at this forum. Because it is typical of my home as one of my brothers is a guitarist and another is a drummer. So I have make listen to them and they really like it!!! ;)
Congrats,
Roberto

Evan
07-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Great !!!
Do you used Drums samples in loops ? :confused:

Yeah..I broke down and decided that the Basilica loop From stromdrum was just too cool not to use. though i added some fills and accents with the Metal kit.

tchoyy
07-08-2005, 04:00 AM
Ok, nice work.

Your guitar is not enough high, moreover, the guitar is not well tuned (not a lot ;) ), we can hear that with the last chord, the sound is trembling.

I can say that because I'm also a guitarist.

But it's not an important problem ;) Only the last guitar chord disturbs me.

White Noise
07-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Guitar riff is cool. I agree with Todd about too much crunch. Back it off a bit. Try adding different voicings of the chord too. This will stop it sounding so "bloke playing along". Also, you could try contouring your strings with volume information to give them a sense of actual bowing.

Liked it overall though.

anilkamath
07-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Nice piece, reminds me a bit of that cue in Team America at the start, where thay have that comedy puppet-kung-fu fight. I was surprised to find out that it isn't a real guitar playing.