PDA

View Full Version : Glad tidings from the utterness

Simon Cribb
10-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Hello,

I'm also from rural W.Aus, thin on musical culture but has all the usual fast food franchises and vacuous saturation media that plagues this era.

I have been using Colossus for few months and recently succumbed to Platinum EWQLSO when it was on sale. Wow! This is a precious thing of great beauty, what wonderous sounds.

I am hopelessly out of my depth, having written ballads on a solo guitar for most of my adult life.
I did some work with midi a few years back, but at the time was frustrated by the inability to create what I could hear in my inner ear - the tinny patches and the clockwork timing proved too frustrating. Well that has obviously all changed and I have been visiting the site for a few months just to marvel at the posted demos.

Anyway I feel like an inexperienced mountaineer, clad in new gear and standing at the foot of Everest, looking upward. This is a steep learning curve, but what an adventure!(what a geek!)

I really like the warm and honest atmosphere I have witnessed in this forum, and look forward to posting some creations as soon as I get over the foot hills.and actually finish something.

Am interested in hearing from any experienced Sonar users as there are many things about this DAW that elude me at present.

Cheers, Simon Cribb.

fongi
10-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Good day mate. wow we got a lot of Aussies here NASH is the most famous one! good to have you on board. :D

Nash
10-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Welcome to forum Simon,

This is brilliant forum and some great people here! Fongi is one of them! :D

Hey! am I FAMOUS? :D:D:D

Thanks Fongi! ;)

fongi
10-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Nash you are bigger than famous !!! well in Aussie anyway - and here of course !! I bet you even know Dame Edna right ? Alias Barry Humphries, is he/she still around ? Chris :D :D :D

Nash
10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Nash you are bigger than famous !!! well in Aussie anyway - and here of course !! I bet you even know Dame Edna right ? Alias Barry Humphries, is he/she still around ? Chris :D :D :D

Yeah I know him/her;) In fact I am not watching that show but what I know is that he/she is still around. :D:D:D:D

Nash

MrAlex
10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Choice, another West Aussie! Go us! :)

Nash
10-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Choice, another West Aussie! Go us! :)

:D

Simon Cribb
10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Thankyou all for the warm welcome.
Nash, I am already an admirer, have been for several rides on that Balkan Train - totally cool!

Nash
10-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Thankyou all for the warm welcome.
Nash, I am already an admirer, have been for several rides on that Balkan Train - totally cool!

Thanks my mate, that was something different from what I usually compose. ;)

Talk to you soon,

Nash

Andoran
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Simon, and welcome

I've been using Sonar for Windows XP since just after version 4, for about 2 years. I currently use Sonar 7 Producer Edition, and I might be able to help you. PM me or send me an email. You can also check out the Cakewalk Forum for Sonar at http://forum.cakewalk.com/tt.asp?forumid=5

ninetytwowheels
10-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Simon,

Glad tidings from the utterness

Very cool! I know are other folks here who share that sensibility. I include myself amongst that crowd.

I'm new here as well and have been greeted warmly too. So far this appears to be a very fine community to learn from.

Ah, the learning curve! I feel for you, brother. I face the same challenges.

Regarding Sonar, there is a book that you may be able to access for -free- online. It is titled Sonar 4 Power! and the author is Scott Garrigus. It's available at http://www.netlibrary.com. You'll have to create account there to access the book. Although the book is 2 years old, it covers almost every feature that is still in use in Sonar 6 Home XL. Everything I know about Sonar I learned from Garrigus....

And yes Nash is famous!:D

Cordially

92 Wheels

Nash
10-31-2007, 06:21 PM
And yes Nash is famous!:D

Cordially

92 Wheels

;)