PDA

View Full Version : Your time needed

Dogforester
07-04-2005, 11:33 AM
I was just wondered if anyone has a spare second to listen to my new piece and maybe give some advice,tips or critic. I have only been doing this kind of thing since january so I know i've got a long way to go, But as I say in the intro page to the song, it sure is a fun ride. Sites like this and others on the web with all these talented people are so much help, It's one massive pool of knowledge ! Now where are my trunks ? :)

When legends were true (http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=580543&t=7949)

Evan
07-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I would say something but Im having a hard time getting it to play. Its probably just my computer, for some reason my firewall wants to blocl EVERYTHING! Sorry :(

drew
07-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I can't get it to play either. I click on 'play song', the acidplanet media browser pops up, but nothing plays. I use firefox browser only.

josejherring
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
I can't either. I tried to listen to your piece for the competition but couldn't get it to play.

I'd love to listen to it. Any way to fix Acid planet because I don't want to join.

Jose

Evan
07-05-2005, 12:31 AM
ill host it if you send it to me...PM me if your interested

Dogforester
07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks for telling me, Acidplanet is more trouble than it's worth. :(
special thank you to Evan for the offer but the new links should work ! It's just one of those rubbish little home sites but I don't have a clue about all this web stuff !lol I had to downgrade to a 128 mp3 though, Wouldn't let me put up 192. There is also a soundclick link too. If neither work I'm going to kill someone !lol :)

when legends were true (http://www.geocities.com/dogforester/whenlegendsweretrue128.mp3)

soundclick version (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/dogforester_music.htm)

P.S you got to wonder after all the waiting if the music is gonna be rubbish !lol :eek:

Beach
07-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Dogforester,
I really appreciate your piece.
It is really good.
My congratulations.
What library did you use?

My best regards,
Roberto

Evan
07-05-2005, 04:32 PM
pretty ambitious piece!

I really like the Slow parts from the middle to the end, the Crotale? part is beautiful. I think the problem I had with the beggining fanfare is the rythems were too complicated or just not tight in the brass. also I really liked the xylophone answering back uh..i think like halfway through the piece as well.
One last thing, the percussion stuff didnt do anything for me, I would just take alot of it out.

All in all pretty darn good! :)

Dogforester
07-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks for listening and the comments Beach and Evan, Glad you liked it.

What library did you use?

I used EWQLSO GOLD.

pretty ambitious piece!

:) It was for me lol. Hopefully I'll get the hang of this orchestra stuff one day ! :)

I really like the Slow parts from the middle to the end, the Crotale?

It's a glock mellow patch, It does sound like a crotale though.

Once again thanks for listening.