PDA

View Full Version : Sturm Und Drang

Lerue
07-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Sturm Und Drang (http://www.theatrikil.com/Sounds/Sturm%20Und%20Drang.mp3)

Ok, and while you are hopefully Downloading the File, I should probably tell you a little about myself, since there are alot of people on this board.

I go by Le' rue Delashay, and have been writing and composing music for the last 10 years now. I have numerous Musical CD's to my name, and while I have only achieved modest forms of success, I have always taken great pleasure in the passion of my work. My music has been used in Haunted Houses throughout the U.S., and I am currently working on a 4th Classically oriented CD, of which most of my upcoming Demo's for this forum will be a part.

I am a recent convert and now a great fan of EWQL products, and am going out on a limb here by saying I am going to strive to win one of these monthly prizes for myself here :cool:

my main goals for the near future involve music (as with most of us here I am sure). I am gearing myself up towards going into the film and commercial music industry, perhaps video games even, as it seems like a growing market, and some of the music coming out of that field is marvelous. I look forward to your critique and thoughts on my music, and hope to maybe talk more in depth with some of you about the industry.

there is much more to me than what I have written here, but I do not wish to distract you too long from my music :)

Enjoy

Le' rue

anilkamath
07-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Nice work, I really liked that - some of the string runs were especially convincing. Also was it made using Gold or Platinum?

Personally, i'd say is the exposed harp bit was slightly low on reverb to my tastes.

Cheers

Anil

Lerue
07-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Anilkamath

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them. I enjoyed creating the string runs especially on this piece, I used the 11v and 18v Marc Short and played both runs, starting the second run 2 measures and a fifth above the first run to give it additional movement.

As for the Harp, my concern when listening to it is that it is too exposed, too high in the mix. I have not added any additional effects processing to any of my tracks so far, and will most likely not utilize any reverb with the exception of special effects. That being said, I am already starting to play around with some of the sound samples in untraditional ways, which is a joy.

Right now I have the Gold Edition, and will eventually upgrade to Gold Pro, but until the time comes when I can afford the CPU power needed for Platinum, I am very happy where I am at now.