PDA

View Full Version : ugrade and crossgrade

calaf
04-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Hello,
in order to make my decision about the platinum group buy i would like to know the prices of the upgrades :silver /silver pro ,gold/gold pro,platinum/platinum pro assuming the fact of course you own already the non pro version (which is my case).
I would also like to know the price of the following crossgrades:silver/gold+gold pro and gold/platinum+platinum pro.
I haven't found them on the website,the only prices on the upgrade page are related to the silver to gold to platinum nerver mentionning the pro version;

Thank you

wayne_rowley
04-13-2005, 05:52 AM
I am also interested in the 'crossgrade' pricing for Gold:

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-160C

What is a corssgrade defined as? What counts as a competing product? Given that no proof is required is it just a reduction in pricing? If so why not advertise as such.

I recently bought Silver with the intention of one day to upgrade to Gold. The upgrade from from Gold to Silver is $750 (keeping the silver licence). It is frustrating to discover that I could have bought GPO instead (cheaper than Silver) and then have crossgraded to Gold for $499.

Shouldn't the Silver upgrade price be brought down in line with the crossgrade?

Regards,
Wayne

Petronome
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I am also interested in the 'crossgrade' pricing for Gold:

What is a corssgrade defined as? What counts as a competing product? Given that no proof is required is it just a reduction in pricing? If so why not advertise as such.

I recently bought Silver with the intention of one to upgrade to Gold. The upgrade from from Gold to Silver is $750 (to keep the silver licence). It is trustrating to discover that I could have bought GPO instead (for cheaper than Silver) and then crossgraded to Gold for $499.

Shouldn't the Silver upgrade price be brought down in line with the crossgrade?

Regards,
Wayne

I agree with you Wayne. I'm in same situation with you with the Silver, and I've also preordered the silver pro upgrade, which complicates things even more. Even though soundsonline offers fair upgrade patches, the pricedrop-grossgrade doesn't seem fair for "real" silver owners. Could someone make a simple price chart with would include pro-versions and upgrades to/from them?

tgfoo
04-13-2005, 01:49 PM
On the crossgrade page it says:

"A SPECIAL PROMOTION FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY OWN A COMPETITIVE PRODUCT! THERE IS NO PROOF REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THIS CROSSGRADE!"

Since they aren't asking for proof of the other library you have, it seems to me that they treating this more like a price drop than a true crossgrade (normally in crossgrades you at the least have to prove that you own a competitive product). I say that you should just order it if you want it. I'd take advantage of the of the "crossgrade" offer (I have GPO) if I didn't already have gold myself.

wayne_rowley
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM
On the crossgrade page it says:

"A SPECIAL PROMOTION FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY OWN A COMPETITIVE PRODUCT! THERE IS NO PROOF REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THIS CROSSGRADE!"

Since they aren't asking for proof of the other library you have, it seems to me that they treating this more like a price drop than a true crossgrade (normally in crossgrades you at the least have to prove that you own a competitive product).

Yes it looks that way I agree. But they still have the full price Gold and the Silver upgrade on the site as separate products which I find confusing. It is a great price for Gold, but if it is a price reduction I wish they would say so openly - why confuse matters with a 'crossgrade' pricing while turning a blind eye to the product you are crossgrading from?

I have only just bought Silver, and it will be a while before I can save up enough money to upgrade to Gold, even at this price. Is this a long term 'crossgrade'/price drop - or just a short term offer. If the latter I will have to stick to my original plan of upgrading to Silver Pro. If it is long term I will probably move to Gold, and then eventually to Gold Pro.

Any word on this Doug/Nick?

Thanks,
Wayne

CeXzer
04-14-2005, 03:57 AM
I would like to know the answer as well. And also, isn't it possible to get these offers over to the european resellers as well? It's a lot of hassle to go through costums around here without making a mistake (and that would have some really bad consequences).

neoTypic
04-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Gold Crossgrade: (for EWQLSO too) 499$

Silver Crossgrade: (for EWQLSO too) 199$
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-161C

In the newsletter I recieved it states:
If you own a competitive product you can get EWQLSO 'GOLD' for $499
(SAVE $496) for a limited time.

calaf
04-14-2005, 04:48 PM
nobody can tell us the prices of the upgrades to the pro versions? it woul help...

Kayamb
04-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I sent an email to EW about that, but I still got no response...

That's so frustrating, I received the Silver Edition the same day the Gold was on sale... I would upgrade for that price straight away!

Please if anyone knows about it, let us know!

Cheers.

Doug Rogers
04-14-2005, 06:23 PM
nobody can tell us the prices of the upgrades to the pro versions? it woul help...

Upgrade prices are the difference between the retail prices of the products. For example, if you got Gold in the Group Buy last December for $398, your upgrade to Gold Pro is still $995. We don't add back the discount you got on the original product.

- Doug

Kayamb
04-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi Doug,

I have bought Silver for $295, and received it 2 days ago. Too bad I missed the sales, because for $495 I would have bought Gold instead.
If I want to upgrade right now for Gold, how much would it cost me?

Thanks!

evaclear
04-15-2005, 09:12 PM
so let me clarify,

If 3 people bought Gold at different prices (ranging from RRP, cross grade & group buy), they would all have a different Pro-upgrade price?

Stefan Podell
04-15-2005, 10:16 PM
There is only one Pro upgrade price, and right now that's full price ($295, $995, $2995). There was an early-bird pre-order thing, which was 30% off. But that ended in December (January for Gold).

Unless I'm wrong. :)