PDA

View Full Version : hello from southern california!!

cain777
11-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey guys,
Im not exactly new to the forum, but I never officially introduced myself. My name is cain. As with most people, Im an aspiring composer for any media. At the moment Im a full time music major at Chapman university in Orange. um... Im a pc user, i running out of things to say.

I though this place would the best place to say that I finally had the marbles to create my own website, though its very plain, its a big step for me. So please comment, good or bad. I have no idea on what to write for my bio, so I havent posted one. But please visit

Here is my website
(www.caingermanmusic.com)

but please comment

paulwr
11-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey guys,
Im not exactly new to the forum, but I never officially introduced myself. My name is cain. As with most people, Im an aspiring composer for any media. At the moment Im a full time music major at Chapman university in Orange. um... Im a pc user, i running out of things to say.

I though this place would the best place to say that I finally had the marbles to create my own website, though its very plain, its a big step for me. So please comment, good or bad. I have no idea on what to write for my bio, so I havent posted one. But please visit

Here is my website
(www.caingermanmusic.com)

but please comment

Since you have a website, for around $29 you can get a Wimpy Player for your MP3's. If you like the way SoundsOnLine here shows their audio demos, that is the Wimpy Player or at least looks/acts like it. I use it on my website that is close to being done.

I go for simple, USABLE websites. Yours works and looks great. In general, music and media websites are my least favorite to navigate since most of them go way too nuts special effects and non standard navigation tools.

Wimpy also has a player for video. It operates on any computer that uses Flash and I think that embraces around 96+% of all computer users. The files stream right away, and the average user has no way of copying the files.

Here is a link to my site that uses it:
http://www.imagesnow.net/pwr/orchestral.htm

-Paul

cain777
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
cool, thanks for the reply paul.

unfortunately, since its the free version of the microsoft live, I am unable to put a flash player on the site. I tried so hard too. I contacted them, they said since it was free there was nothing I could do but upgrade to a bigger better version. i think might do that in the future but right now as a student I need to be very saavy with my expenses. I also looked into a site called freewebtown. but I dont like that the created sites all have a freewebtown

i visited your site. Very easy to navigate, and straightforward. Im also a fan of easy sites. that wimpy player is pretty cool. . thanks for the kind words paul. I truly appreciate it

fongi
11-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi Cain and welcome thatīs really funny, after one sentence you say Iīm running out of things to say ?? :confused:

Nash
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Welcome Cain!

Have fun!

cain777
11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
hahah,
Fongi, I didnt know what else to say... haha. Now I feel like a noob. Nash, thanks dude. I have learned some pretty valuable info on this forum, and dont plan to abandon it anytime soon. thanks.