PDA

View Full Version : Another swede says hello!:)

Carlster
11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Greetings everybody!

My name is Carl Löfvenhamn - a swedish composer, particularly partial to the dark realm of industrial metal with a dramatic and symphonic touch. As a kid, I started playing the piano as well as drums which eventually would lead to a serious interest in becoming a composer. After two years at the conservatory in my hometown Falun, I was accepted into the royal college of music in Stockholm, where I graduated in 1999. In 2003, after four years working as a piano teacher, I finally had the oppurtunity to work as a composer fulltime, and I still do.

Mostly I write music for different types of bigger events, tv commercials as well as fairytales for children on cd-roms etc, but whenever I get the chance to unleash the symphonic demons (which happens occasionally), that´s when the really fun part with this job begins!:D I have always enjoyed creating a cinematic feeling for the listener and I guess you could say that scoring for blockbuster movies is my ultimate goal, but of course I´m far from the only one with these thoughts, right guys? ;)

Whenever I don´t sit in front of a computer display, trying to figure out why the h*ll the orchestra won´t play the way I want them to, (just because the processor goes fireworks and the ram practically pops out from the poor uncle Mac in smoketrails doesn´t mean that the musicians can start dictating the terms! As a wise old rockstar sang, a long time ago: The show must go on!), I like to visit theatres, art galleries, cafés and spend time with my girlfriend and our little adorable doggie Michelle.

I´ve read around in this forum here and there and it seems like a friendly place, so hopefully I might just meet some new friends here.

Recently I became a very proud owner of the EWQLSO XP-bundle, the Symphonic Choirs as well as the Boesendorfer 290, and sure it´s a dream coming true. You guys at EWQL are fantastic!:)

As soon as I have become more familiar with handling the orchestra and choirs I´ll post something here. In the mean time I would like to wish everybody a cosy and inspiring fall, let the music *errr sorry* samples speak.

En hälsning också till mina svenska kompositörs-kollegor, vi ses!;)(Also a greeting to my swedish composer colleauges, see you around!)

Cheers
/Carl

Andoran
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi Grimm, look forward to hearing from you.

fongi
11-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Hey Carl, welcome and have fun !!!!

Halvor_H
11-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Hello, and welcome! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and even post some of your music.

Ha en fin dag....

Crystallions
11-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Welcome! It is always nice to meet a fellow Swede. :)

Vi ses! :)

Lydia