PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Charlotte, NC

NewJames37
11-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Greetings Everyone,

I've lurked in the shadows long enough. 'Time to come forward and say hello to all the cool and fantastic people on board. This forum is really a great place to be!
I'm a piano / keyboardist running Cubase SX2 with various libraries. I don't get to play and compose as much as I'd like due to all the females running around in my house, ages 2, 4, 14, 37 and more recently 61. No rest for the weary!

James

fongi
11-24-2007, 04:28 AM
Hey James welcome from Germany, lucky you I have six sons couldn´t make a daughter it just never worked for me just lots of boys anyway they´re all healthy so one must be thankful right? I´m also a SX2 user don´t see any need to change it, it works beautifully without any problems. So you were lurking in the shadows? nice to know you have now "come out" ! you´ll have lot´s of fun here, :D Chris

NewJames37
11-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey James welcome from Germany, lucky you I have six sons couldn´t make a daughter it just never worked for me just lots of boys anyway they´re all healthy so one must be thankful right? I´m also a SX2 user don´t see any need to change it, it works beautifully without any problems. So you were lurking in the shadows? nice to know you have now "come out" ! you´ll have lot´s of fun here, :D Chris

No, you're the lucky one. You've got sons...I have none! ;) But you're right, we must be thankful for their health, and that they're here. Yes, I've found out through many users to stick with what works and be wary of upgrades. Yeah, I've come to the forums for awhile and just read and read, but I decided I needed to partcipate.

James

Kaatza_Music
11-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey, James,

Welcome! Glad to see you came out of the shadows.

I have a little more balance in my life than you or Chris. I have three boys: 35, 33 & 12, two girls, 24 & 14, and one granddaughter 10 and one grandson 7. I also have a wonderful wife, 46 and 2 ex-wives. So you know for sure that I am a poor man.

I look forward to knowing you and your music better.

Enrique
11-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi James and welcome!

Nice to see another fellow North Carolinian here! It's good that you decided to "come out" and participate on these forums. Like yourself, I was also lurking for quite a while but only recently starting being more proactive about my participation. Maybe we'll get to hear some of your stuff soon, eh? :D

Cheers!

-Enrique

fongi
11-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Leon you old fox, three wives wow not bad going you could almost open up a harem! Chris :) :) :) :)

Kaatza_Music
11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey Leon you old fox, three wives wow not bad going you could almost open up a harem! Chris :) :) :) :)

Hey, Chris,

Ya, but they weren't at the same time and getting divorced twice cost me a bundle. Sort of like the John Lennon song "Starting Over." She got the house and I got the beater car and all of the debts. :) The last one ran off with the tax trust account for Revenue Canada for our business and now they say I owe them $40k with penalties and interest. They can't touch me here in the US, but effectively, I am in exile. I can't go home to all of that good health care! Here in the US, health care is a f__king joke. My current wife (who I happen to adore) had chest pains one day and had to go to the hospital. It was a false alarm. We were fully insured. Still the co-pays cost almost $2k. It is the biggest cause of bankruptcy in America; a national disgrace! Ooops, sorry. Don't get me started on politics.

NewJames37
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey, James,

Welcome! Glad to see you came out of the shadows.

I have a little more balance in my life than you or Chris. I have three boys: 35, 33 & 12, two girls, 24 & 14, and one granddaughter 10 and one grandson 7. I also have a wonderful wife, 46 and 2 ex-wives. So you know for sure that I am a poor man.

I look forward to knowing you and your music better.

Yes, you definitely have a little more balance than Chris or me. ;) I can identify with you somewhat...I have one (whew!) ex-wife. She's my oldest girls mother. The good thing about it now is that we're friends. But it wasn't always that way.

I look forward to knowing you too and your music as well.

James

NewJames37
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi James and welcome!

Nice to see another fellow North Carolinian here! It's good that you decided to "come out" and participate on these forums. Like yourself, I was also lurking for quite a while but only recently starting being more proactive about my participation. Maybe we'll get to hear some of your stuff soon, eh? :D

Cheers!

-Enrique

Thanks Enrique. Perhaps the next time I'm on your side of the state, I can look you up. I hope I can finish some music soon.

James

NewJames37
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey, Chris,

Ya, but they weren't at the same time and getting divorced twice cost me a bundle. Sort of like the John Lennon song "Starting Over." She got the house and I got the beater car and all of the debts. :) The last one ran off with the tax trust account for Revenue Canada for our business and now they say I owe them $40k with penalties and interest. They can't touch me here in the US, but effectively, I am in exile. I can't go home to all of that good health care! Here in the US, health care is a f__king joke. My current wife (who I happen to adore) had chest pains one day and had to go to the hospital. It was a false alarm. We were fully insured. Still the co-pays cost almost $2k. It is the biggest cause of bankruptcy in America; a national disgrace! Ooops, sorry. Don't get me started on politics.

Shucks, Leon, I feel you on the health care bit. My mother-in-law is living with us now and she had NO insurance at all. They kept her for as long has medicaid would allow, then they booted her out. Told my wife she could live by herself with minimal assistance. She could not.
Needless to say, if I could play guitar and sing like B.B. King, I'd be using Symphonic Choirs to assist me in singing the BLUES!