PDA

View Full Version : Raido - Colossus and RA

FilmComposerZ
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I immediately fell in love with the Hardanger Violin. Hence the name Raido from the Nordic Rune which means Journey.

Colossus and RA, and a piece of Silver in the making. RA is exceptional. The drums are from Colossus as is the Washburn Acoustic...

This is my first piece with these two libraries...

Raido (http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=2627044&key=7550E94E-4)

Pablo

Nick Phoenix
07-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Very cool. The acoustic guitar and fiddle sound pretty damn real. When the drums come in the balance gets funny. Drums are too soft, low strings are too loud. Try some of the strings in Colossus, maybe even the middle eastern str section.

FilmComposerZ
07-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Hey Thnx Nick...I'll look into that...Drums too soft? On my side thye come out pretty loud....hhmm....Will listen to with fresh ears today..

Actually I have Gold, but my PC was completely wrecked a while back, so I had to reinstall everything, and have not reinstalled Gold yet. Weel, actually I have but did not reisntall the library because that drive I still have in the system nd it is fine. I installed Gold in another folder (DXi) but can't get it to point to where the library is...

Is that middle eastern from Colossus or RA?

Pablo

EricRichmoind
07-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I've said this bunch of times, . RA is probably the most essential sample lib out there right now. It adds SO much to your sound palette its frightening.

It's got no competitors aside from its previous incarnation, which is like 1/10th what RA is. Alot of this stuff sounds DAMN real from the nuance of the articulations to the sound of the recorded sound.

Great piece btw!

-Eric

FilmComposerZ
07-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, I listened with fresh ears today, and Nick, you were right, I had to bring the drum up a bit.....Lowered the celli, and I feel the overall balance is much better. So I reloaded the mp3. I tried the Eastern strings from RA but felt they really didn't fit with the Hardanger, but still good advice Nick...

Thnx

Pablo

exstreme
07-10-2005, 10:53 AM
this song is beatyfull and the Hardanger Violin sounds really great!! :)

i have no further comment ;)

svk

ToddK
07-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Wanted to say, i'm a guitarist, and that guitar part is really
excellent. Very convincing.

Love the piece. The drums are WAY in the background. They should be pounding
up front. But mix things are totally personal opinion. ;)

RA is God!

TK

FilmComposerZ
07-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Exstreme and Todd,

Thnx guys! I updated the file again just in case, because I felt I really brought the drums more up in the mix...Maybe it's all speakers, who know..

Anyway, Todd, I am a guitarist also (been for 20 years now), and beleive me it helps so as to arrange a more convincing guitar. I helped me! Though there are probably little phrases in there that are not playable or at least "finger pickable" that lets the note ring on, like maybe a couple of notes here and there should die immediatele because of a next note on the same string. Nevertheless, this is the new "playing" technology" that these excellent libraries give us!

Thnx guys

Pablo

ToddK
07-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, i know what you mean, its like a harp sometimes.
But like you say, and i agree, i like being able to go beyond
right or left hand capability once in a while, just because you can,
and it can add alot.:)
TK