PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Dallas Texas

drumgodguy
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello New forum friends ..

My name is Jamie and I am glad to be here on the forum as a new fella .
I am no newbie so to speak on recording with VSTi's . I have been a musician for 28 years and toured all over as a drummer with many different bands and musical endevours . As I grew older I was quite frustrated by the lack of creative respect that I recieved as a composer because of being a drummer , so I started playing keyboards and studying classical music and celtic stylings . I have been composing and programing music for 17 years or so by sequencing up shows when I was playing in top-40 bands .. That sure helped me out when the technology truly took off . I love to write progressive and European metal and symphony rock . I always wondered how awesome Vivaldi or Bach would be if they were composing with todays technology . Yes I am truly a fan of Classical ..
I use Sonar 7 producer as my daw and just purchased MOR to add to my gorwing collection of VSTi's . I have a fascination with trying to create the holy grail of guitar sounds without playing guitar ..lol I got small hands and could never master the instrument . I use quite a few Eastwest products and must say that I am very pleased with their service accessabilty and their fine products . I am currently writing a CD of many musical styles from all of my influences as a youngster , everything from Gary Moore ,Thin Lizzy, Marillion, Kansas and many others .
I hope to get to know and interact with all of you and learn from you as well .
Let's have fun .
Maybe some of us can collaborate on a few tunes for fun !!
We can create an EastWest jam band !!
Cheers
Jamie :D

Gedren
12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Hello Jamie
Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm impressed by your musical biography.

I always wondered how awesome Vivaldi or Bach would be if they were composing with todays technology .
Me too!

drumgodguy
12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
:)Thank you for the warm welcome Gedren

DallasComposer
12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
From one Dallasite to another ...

HOW ABOUT "DEM COWBOYS!!!

Welcome aboard .. I live down towards Mesquite.

fongi
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Jamie and a warm welcome, have fun and learn !

Nash
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Good stuff. Welcome to forum!

U4ic
01-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi Jamie!!!!
Your musical experience will be incredibly useful for all of us, enjoy this forum!

VFXS Sound Designer
01-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Hey drumgodguy. I am a sound design engineer working for Vizual F/X Studios. We are looking to hire a permanent in house composer for our studio. This is a full time salary position. I am looking for someone specifically with experience using the east west sample libraries. If you are interested please send me an e-mail at eric@vizualfxstudios.com Looking forward to hearing from you.

Andrew Sigler
01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome!