PDA

View Full Version : A hello from the Netherlands

JaapVisser
12-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone,

After lurking this forums for some time I hereby want to introduce myself :)

I am Jaap Visser and I am a classical composer who is currently making a switch to game and movie music. I have studied classical composition, sonology and musicology and I have worked for the last couple of years as freelance composer in the contemporary music scene in Europe (still doing that btw :P). Music of me can be found on www.jaapvisser.com

Since a year I have found the advantages of working with samples (old fashioned composer here, still working with pen and paper) and it really got my interest.

The music and ideas I have read here are trully amazing and the East West products are really good and I am enjoying it fully (composers bundle with gold xp).

Keep up the great post, products and ideas and see you around on this forums.

Best regards,

Jaap Visser

Gedren
12-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Hello Jaap
Welcome to the forum! :)

Interesting website, I really enjoyed your music!

fongi
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi Jaap, welcome you can´t be too not far from I am near to Osnabrück. You´ll have fun here for sure, I love those little video windows on your website, perhaps you can send me a mail or PM to tell me how you do that. Chris :D

V o n h ö g e n
12-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi Jaap, welcome to the forum! Where do you live? I'm from Breda.

- Jerome

Farmsteads
12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi Jaap,

I second Jerome's warm welcome.

Observed some interesting music and antecedents on your site.

Congrats with your GoldXP Composers Bundle. Excellent deal.

- Peer (about 50 kilometers from Zwolle)

V o n h ö g e n
12-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi Jaap, I listened to a couple of tracks from your site and I must say, that your work sounds great!
(By the way, Peter has posted several great tracks himself. You may wanna try the forum's Search Engine.)

- Jerome

JaapVisser
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Thank you very much for this warm welcome!

Gedren - thank you for your compliments!
Fongi - thank you for the compliment. Will contact you soon to chat about the video's. Osnabruck is indeed close :P around 100 km I guess. I never have been there I have to admit.
Hoketus. Thanks also for the compliments. I live in Zwolle, but my family in law are living quite near of Breda (Bosschenhooft) so I am quite often in that area :) I will check out the tracks of Peter.
Farmsteads - thanks also - nice to see more musical people in the neighbourhood of Zwolle.

Nash
01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Welcome to forum!

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Nash