PDA

View Full Version : Help with this piece

luima
07-15-2005, 06:22 AM
I started a simple melody in Am, added some harmony and then retrograded the complete phrase. The result is what is posted below.

http://www.luima.net/musica/ada002.mp3

It sounds too familiar to my ears that I dont know if it is original or not.
Now I have my ears somewhat confused so If any of you recognise the theme please let me know.

Thanks
Luis

exstreme
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
in the first 20 seconnds,i recognise the theme,but than i get lost in the strings :)

i think,if you work the first 20 seconds out and give the main theme with one instrument more volume(power :-),than you have a nice song ;)

but that is only my opinion :rolleyes:

svk

luima
07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
svk
Thanks for your opinion, but my question is about the originality of the theme, just: Have you heard that before?. The orchestration is just strings and horns to give an idea of how it sounds.
Luis

exstreme
07-15-2005, 10:26 AM
svk
Thanks for your opinion, but my question is about the originality of the theme, the orchestration is just strings and horns to give an idea of how it sounds.
Luis

i am sorry,my english reading is not always that good :o

i listen again and now fixed on the main theme :),but my point wil stay for the first 20 seconds is the theme good and than it get lost.

if it is original,thats a hard question for me,because i have heard a lot main themes that are original :),i think it is good,but if it is original,i can not answer that question,i can only give my opinion,because i am not a proffesionele composer ore musican.

so for me is it original,because it is better than the boom!!!,boom!!!,what i do hear on the radio this day's ;)

svk