PDA

View Full Version : FairyWoods

tchoyy
07-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Hi,

Here is my new demo, this is a cute little piece done with Silver.

FairyWoods (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/david.chochoi/FairyWoods.mp3)

What do you think of this ?

I have difficulties with the reverb, is it ok for this one ?

Thanks for feedbacks :)

tchoyy
07-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Is there anybody alive here ??? :(

neoTypic
07-16-2005, 06:11 AM
Very cute and playful bud. I dig it.

DaveWalton
07-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Hi,

I'm still finding my way in terms of settling on a reverb setting that I like. This one seems to me to be way too short. I'm thinking of a setting where an orchestra would have this ambience and I don't think it's possible to get an orchestra into a room this small. :)

I'd look to using a longer reverb and maybe making it dryer if need be rather than using a short revert and making it wetter.

HTH,

Dave

tchoyy
07-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi,

I'm still finding my way in terms of settling on a reverb setting that I like. This one seems to me to be way too short. I'm thinking of a setting where an orchestra would have this ambience and I don't think it's possible to get an orchestra into a room this small. :)

I'd look to using a longer reverb and maybe making it dryer if need be rather than using a short revert and making it wetter.

HTH,

Dave

I tried a longer reverb, but It's as if the orchestra was too far from me.... It's strange.

exstreme
07-16-2005, 11:45 AM
i do,like the song :)

i use alway's the cubase reverbs ore the northen hall reverb from kompakt,because that are the best software reverbs i have :) ,i think you should increase,your volume from the instruments self and not the reverb,because reverb makes it deeper,but not louder:rolleyes:

quote---Is there anybody alive here ???--quote

a time suffered, I had the same problem!! ;)

svk

tchoyy
07-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks exstreme for you comment ;)

rJames
07-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Great composition. For me, it evoked fairies in the workshops doing their daily routine. Do fairies have to work? The camera was just panning acorss the town as we see the village at work.

Well, that's what I saw, anyway.

tchoyy
07-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Great composition. For me, it evoked fairies in the workshops doing their daily routine. Do fairies have to work? The camera was just panning acorss the town as we see the village at work.

Well, that's what I saw, anyway.

Thanks rJames, That's was nearly the image I had while composing this demo, I thought of fairies flying in the forest bringing light, opening flowers, etc...