PDA

View Full Version : A little romantic underscore thing

DaveWalton
07-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi,

This is a little romantic scene that I just finished. It's not complicated, just meant to be a modern, subtle underscore.

Here are links to a low quality video clip (the sound is good though) and an mp3. Uses Gold, Virtual Guitar, and Stylus RMX.

Enjoy!

Dave

www.DaveWaltonMusic.com/PrivateArea/HS-StrakerKissingDarcy.wmv
www.DaveWaltonMusic.com/MyMusic/TheKissGoodbye.mp3

Debinani
07-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Dammit. Now I have Virtual Guitar on my shopping list. Thanks. :)

DaveWalton
07-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Dammit. Now I have Virtual Guitar on my shopping list. Thanks. :)

I'm happy with Virtual Guitar in a basic way, but Steinberg has pretty much put it on the back shelf with no bug fixes or upgrades. It is very buggy and crashes my PC/Sonar system easily. It also doesn't remember which patch it used last - just opens to the first patch in the bank. You have to hunt down your patch each time you open the song. The chords are all bar chords working their way up the neck. For example, E-chord sounds nice and full. D#-chord sounds chipmonk like. Having said all that, I use it a LOT.

There is a Virtual Guitar alternative on the Soundsonline site. It don't remember the name of it, but it would be worth checking out.

Dave

Debinani
07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
You're absolutely right - I was thinking Real Guitar, not Virtual Guitar.
Those strums sounded nice though.
Nifty piece. :)

chocothrax
07-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Nice piece of music. I will however abstain from voicing my opinion on the video and the actors. :)

DaveWalton
07-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Nice piece of music. I will however abstain from voicing my opinion on the video and the actors. :)

I'm sure the final DVD video quality will be much nicer. The acting, well... :rolleyes:

chocothrax
07-16-2005, 02:09 PM
It's weird because theres this bitchy @ss woman smoker (I hate smokers :) ) and she blows smoke in this guys face and then seconds later everything is sweet and they kiss. awwwwww. I was hoping he'd beat her to death with a shovel.

DaveWalton
07-16-2005, 02:18 PM
It's weird because theres this bitchy @ss woman smoker (I hate smokers :) ) and she blows smoke in this guys face and then seconds later everything is sweet and they kiss. awwwwww. I was hoping he'd beat her to death with a shovel.

That's a pretty good one. :) She meets her demise later on in the film, so that should pep you up a little. :D

ToddK
07-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Very nice! Really like it alot.

Good choice of sounds, tempo, overall vibe. Skillfully forged.

Captures the desired feeling for sure. :cool:
TK

chocothrax
07-16-2005, 03:39 PM
That's a pretty good one. :) She meets her demise later on in the film, so that should pep you up a little. :D

Sweet! Now I can rest easy tonight.