PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Darkness - Take a listen :)!

Sean R. Beeson
07-16-2005, 07:57 PM
This is a piece that was written for a game's theatrical trailer, and it was written using Platinum, SD, and Choirs. I hope you enjoy it, it also is the start to an entire collection of works.

http://www.seanbeeson.com/Infinite%20Darkness.mp3

It is titled "Infinite Darkness"

it starts very slowly, and builds, so make sure you listen to the entire piece :) Thanks for you ears!

Sean

www.seanbeeson.com

luima
07-17-2005, 01:22 AM
WOW
The piece is good in all the aspects: Orchestration, melodic and rythm.
Also to point that you know well how to extract the maximum from Platinum and Stromdrum
The only aspect I feel can be improved is the choirs: Are they EWQL SC ?. When they comes to first plane are very soft, in contrast with other sections that are more powerfull, as if you were afraid to show them.

I was nice to listen
Luis

Sean R. Beeson
07-17-2005, 09:15 AM
I think I just need to mix them better :) I don't have any monitor speakers here right now, so I just am using head phones :)

Thanks for your comments.

Sean

exstreme
07-17-2005, 09:25 AM
it starts very slowly, and builds, so make sure you listen to the entire piece :) Thanks for you ears!

ver nicely done and my ears where verry happy to hear this ;)

and there is no rule ore anyone that can say,it can not be start slowly,so you do not have to wurry about that and if some one say's that it most be faster,he can better listen to trance,house ore other boom!!,boom!! music:)

it is a good yob and works great for games!!!

svk

lovelysilence
07-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Sean,

you're right about the mix, though it's moderately ok. Also you'll have to mix louder, since i experienced some noise.
I liked the piece most of the time. Some parts, the forte parts, sound too sterile to me, certainly when using Platinum (I assume it's got the most depth and realism of all, maybe i'm wrong) The sterility comes from the lead part, are they horns? It disturbed me also in the crescendo, in that it's got no life in it (sterile). Other than that, i really liked the way you've orchestrated it, the dynamics and suspense, the choice of instruments, etc. If it weren't for that one part, it find it excellent. The choir in the last part, i would have enjoyed hearing more even throughout the play.

I hope i've been constructive in my comments.

regards

DaveWalton
07-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi,

Very nice. I really liked the theme at 1:57. Good orchestration, subtle parts were subtle, powerful parts were powerful. Good dynamics.

Dave

Evan
07-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Very BIG! Has that Modern Film Trailer feel, very good! Only "criticism" I can think of is throughout the whole piece the Horn articulations never really did it for me. the beggining seemed like it was playing in its nose bleedrange, with the pretty part. And the action horn line didnt seem feel natural played.

other than that..PERFECT! :)

willmusser
07-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Sean,

I really liked how subtle the choir was earlier in the piece. Shows how the choir can be used as more of a background texture, supporting the orchestra.

Will

neoTypic
07-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Awesome bud - I can't wait to hear more results.

GORILLA
07-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Nice. What D.A.W. do you use? computer?
Thanks

Sean R. Beeson
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I currently work on one computer, a G5, dual 2.7 ghz computer, 1.5 gigs of ram, all of the samples are on the system drive. I could be doing soe much more work if I had the resources :) All I need is a few cheap PC's!

I also used DP 4.52

Sean

Debinani
07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
So lemme axe you sometin'...

The orchestration was great - it's a wonderful piece, but the thing that really just trounced me was the quality of the samples - I realize that's kind of a "duh, it's Platinum" sort of thing, but did you use all three mic positions when doing this piece?

Sean R. Beeson
07-18-2005, 07:20 PM
I used the three mic positions, the three mic's really fill the sound out, and I highly suggest platinum to any composer.

Sean

Scott Rogers
07-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi Sean.

A nicely done and very effective piece. One thing though is that those high horn lines are not convincing. The tessitura is too high, and given the nature of the lines up there in the stratosphere it comes off as non-idiomatic.

Overall though, this was a nice work to hear.

-Scott

Blackster
07-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Indeed, very good work!!!

mikosworld
07-23-2005, 08:58 AM
One word !
EXCELLENT ! :)

rubenbecker
07-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi Sean,
sounds great mate, really enjoyed the listen.