PDA

View Full Version : How much RAM for Silver/Gold EWQLSO?

Kayamb
04-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi there,

I suspect this is a common issue but I couldn't find the answer on this forum yet.

I have recently got the Silver Edition but might upgrade to Gold one day.

I have a low RAM memory, and do need to get more soon. I would like to compose for lots of instruments playing at the same time, i.e. like the Berlin or Black Wings demos.
To do so, how much RAM should I get, 1 Gig or 2?

My concern is that I have a laptop and only 1 free memory slot. If I had more, I would go for 1 Gig first and then add more if needed. But with only 1 slot available I need to make to right choice.

(Same question for the Gold Edition in case I upgrade some day).

Thanks for your help!

neoTypic
04-15-2005, 12:22 AM
I have a gig and a half in my machine. With only one slot and wanting to upgrade to Gold I'd go with a 2 gig stick if you can afford it. Having more won't hurt. ;)

Also, if you're implying you have another slot that is already taken, you can always replace that one as well. Two 1 gig sticks will probably cost you less. Having 4 gigs is probably overkill for Silver.

Kayamb
04-15-2005, 02:08 AM
My problem is that I only have 1 slot that can use. The RAM memory that I have at the moment is integrated on the motherboard, or at least it's hidden under the keyboard... I heard it was risky to try to remove the memory from under the keyboard...

neoTypic
04-15-2005, 03:41 AM
My problem is that I only have 1 slot that can use. The RAM memory that I have at the moment is integrated on the motherboard, or at least it's hidden under the keyboard... I heard it was risky to try to remove the memory from under the keyboard...

Gotcha. Well if your laptop is still under warranty you should be able to get someone to install RAM you've purchased for free.