PDA

View Full Version : My String Quartet

tchoyy
07-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi,

Here is my new demo with silver and cubase SE, I did it to study the counterpoint (is it the good word ?)

String Quartet in C Major.mp3 (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/david.chochoi/musiques/String Quartet in C Major.mp3)

Tell me what you think about this.

Enjoy ;)

luima
07-26-2005, 11:22 AM
I like the classical main theme you play at the start and at the end. In the two variations in the middle I miss some "contrast" you could have got with the use of different articulations or dynamics, rythms or modulation to other contrasting keys. This way I feel too "flat" as if it where an exercise.
Anyhow was nice to listen
Thanks for sharing
Luis

tchoyy
07-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Now that you say it, I agree with you, I'm gonna improve theses parts. Thanks.

tchoyy
07-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Ok, I updated the demo, I changed only the middle part, I like the chords before the end section so I didn't change anything here, They give something to the music and give another ambiance....

luima
07-27-2005, 03:22 AM
You have really improved the B section. Writing a String quartet is not easy, you have very limited resources.
I followed your previous works, and very good posts on ochestral music, That is why I still think you can do it better with this quartet, for instance the Cello line of the B seccion could be more atractive if its rythm were different with respect to the melody (just an idea).
I encourage you to keep doing string quartets, it is the better way to improve composition technics. Have you heard the last quartets from Beethoven? is worth to study them.

tchoyy, it has been a pleasure yo hear you music again and again.Every time I liked it more.
Thanks for sharing
Luis

tchoyy
07-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Thanks luima, I'll listen to these Beethoven's quartets. The one I prefer is Ravel's one.
I think too it's a good exercice working with String Quartets.

CeXzer
07-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Ok, so EWQLSO has a solo violin and cello, but what about the viola?

tchoyy
07-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Ok, so EWQLSO has a solo violin and cello, but what about the viola?

I had to use a cello solo to play the viola :( this is sad but I didn't have others solutions ;)