PDA

View Full Version : Ave Maria for mixed choir and solosit

bmiranda
07-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Here it is my Ave maria for mixed choir and soloist.
In the original version, the soloist part is written for an alto but due to the alto soloist extension in the SC being a bit limited i replaced it for a boy solo.

As you can notice, i use a lot of "divisis" in the voices what gave me a lot of trouble to put everything together and synchronized with the WB.

Anyway, i think that allows you to give an idea of how it would sound if sing by a real choir.

Best regards,
Bruno

Ave Maria (http://213.203.226.15:8080/209012/q=down/oms_partner_id=101/oms_session_id=48ff0272bbad92e6592b845f9330d67d/Ave_Maria.mp3)

luima
07-27-2005, 06:53 AM
bruno,
Check your link, seems not to be valid

bmiranda
07-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Here is another link to my page at Acid Planet. If you're registered there you can download the mp3 file otherwise you can only hear it online.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=597641&t=6079

Meanwhile, i will try to see what is happening with the other link.

Regards

bmiranda
07-27-2005, 05:15 PM
To download the file from the IC-MusicMedia website you will have to right click and choose "Save Target as...".

http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/artist_pages/artistpage.php?id=102122

luima
07-28-2005, 06:52 AM
One of the most beatifull "Ave Maria" themes ever.
The music transmits the feelings you have put into it.
Just a point with respect to the dynamics beetween the start and the end of cresccendo at 1:20: In my taste too much difference in volume.
I,ve put the mp3 in my favourites folder
Thanks
Luis

lovelysilence
07-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I like the theme a lot, but i find the attack of the voices very disturbing. Isn't there a way to get more legato? Now it sounds so rectangular.

Excellent composition though. Great

bmiranda
07-29-2005, 07:24 AM
One of the most beatifull "Ave Maria" themes ever.
The music transmits the feelings you have put into it.
Just a point with respect to the dynamics beetween the start and the end of cresccendo at 1:20: In my taste too much difference in volume.
I,ve put the mp3 in my favourites folder
Thanks
Luis

Thank you Luis!
You're absolutely right about the dynamics, but even applying the compressor i couldn't attenuate the volume differences in the music. And as i had a lot of trouble to make the text work (and with the syllables volume) i avoid changing the notes velocities because it could alter the way the words would sound.
This was my first project with EWQLSC so i suppose that in the next projects i will have more ability to work with this library.

Regards,
Bruno

bmiranda
07-29-2005, 07:37 AM
I like the theme a lot, but i find the attack of the voices very disturbing. Isn't there a way to get more legato? Now it sounds so rectangular.

Excellent composition though. Great

Well, i tried with several methods to make it more legato but this was the best i got. Anyway, this was my first project with EWQLSC so i don't know if more experienced users have other methods to make the choir sound more legato.
Thank you for your appreciation.

regards,
Bruno

Nick Phoenix
07-29-2005, 05:21 PM
The consonant speed is way too fast which makes it sound bumpy. You can select all the text and slow down the consonant speed with one command.