PDA

View Full Version : Programs for EWQLSO Silver Pro

wayne_rowley
04-16-2005, 02:12 AM
Hi there,

I was wondering, has the program list for EWQLSO Silver Pro been finalised? I ask because I remember seeing a post on Northern Sounds at some point (either from Doug or Nick) saying that they were considering adding more articulations from Gold standard to Silver Pro. Is this still the case?

I think it is great that Gold pro provides a complete set of EWQLSO articulations from one mic postion. It would also be really cool if Silver did the same - except without the release trails and chromatic sampling. I wouldn't mind paying more for such an upgrade. It seems like the gap between Gold Pro and Platinum Pro has narrowed slightly - would be good if the same would happen for Silver. I.e.

Pro upgrades provide a complete set of orchestral articulations for EWQLSO
Silver: 16 bit, stage mics, no release trails, no chromatic sampling
Gold: 16 bit, stage mics, full release trails and chromatic sampling.
Platinum: 24 bit, all mics, full release trails and chromatic sampling.

What do you think?

Wayne

neoTypic
04-16-2005, 06:31 AM
I would LOVE for that to happen so I could just directly port straight from silver to plat. If that were the case I'd buy silver in a heartbeat just so I could compose in realtime with my sequencer/notation without killing my computer (and eventually laptop) and then mix when I'm finished.

It would streamline working with EWQLSO and make things a hecka lot simpler. It would be PERFECT for my needs and cut down on the confusion.

So here's a big ol' YES vote for that.

Composer
04-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Yes, that's a very good idea, and I agree with the person above me, I'd compose in Silver then mix in Platinum. Doug and Nick should seriously consider this!

neoTypic
04-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Just a respectful *bump* as I still think this is a GREAT idea.

wayne_rowley
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Agreed. What do you think Doug?

Wayne

wayne_rowley
04-22-2005, 05:54 AM
I guess no reply is a "no" then. :( Oh well - probably too much to ask this close to the release date! Still is there any news about whether additional articulations from Gold will be added to Silver Pro, on top of the new samples?

Thanks,
Wayne