PDA

View Full Version : How to get it all working?

dexterwheeler
04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Okay So I will be using a mac pro 8 with 8 gigs and have platinum,choirs and logic pro 8 on this computer. On my Pc slave I will have EWQL RA, vienna ensemble and down the road vocies of passion. What would be the best and fastest way to transfer Pc software into Mac?

avidmovigoer
04-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Okay So I will be using a mac pro 8 with 8 gigs and have platinum,choirs and logic pro 8 on this computer. On my Pc slave I will have EWQL RA, vienna ensemble and down the road vocies of passion. What would be the best and fastest way to transfer Pc software into Mac?

I dont understand thet question? Copy and paste over a Network? What are you trying to say?

dexterwheeler
04-18-2008, 06:22 PM
well i know vienna ensemble 3 allows you to have the software on a slave and connect through ethernet which doesnt require a soundcard for the slave. Can I do the same thing for EWQL stuff. And how fast is ethernet. I heard people say the are waiting 9 minutes for things to load.

paulwr
04-19-2008, 12:03 AM
well i know vienna ensemble 3 allows you to have the software on a slave and connect through ethernet which doesnt require a soundcard for the slave. Can I do the same thing for EWQL stuff. And how fast is ethernet. I heard people say the are waiting 9 minutes for things to load.

Send audio out of the slave via adat lightpipe, and receive the lightpipe at your Mac DAW. Midi should be sent via your ethernet with MidiOverLan or ipMidi (free for mac, by the way...... also free demos from both companies.

That is the most efficient and trouble free approach to running the slave.

-Paul

dexterwheeler
04-19-2008, 11:36 AM
thanks for the help. So if I use a fireface 800 for the mac what do I need to connect adat lghtpipe in the slave?