PDA

View Full Version : Vista or XP?

gn0easylang
04-28-2008, 04:24 AM
I have p4 3ghz, 4gb ram, what OS is better?

A.Leung
04-28-2008, 04:35 AM
vistas been called a failure by many. XPs your better bet.

mirrored
04-28-2008, 04:50 AM
IMHO - it will take a year or two (or more?) for computers and win updates to make user comfortable in the Vista system. I remember that similiar situation was with XP long time ago. :) I think users should give the Vista more time before switching to it. I use XP and I'm really satisfied with it.

SBallard
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
XP might be the better choice right now. Microsoft has extended it's support dates for XP because of everything going on with Vista. Microsoft will be releasing a new OS next year I think.

MPDmike
04-28-2008, 08:45 AM
I've decided to stick with XP 32-bit for a while longer, and watch to see how the whole Vista development thing pans out. For me, I shall either have to update my motherboard to get an advantage out of 64-bit, or buy another computer, and the longer I can wait the cheaper those options seem to get. If you don't need to run a hundred instruments, then I guess it is not worth making the jump to 64-bit right now.

gn0easylang
04-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I have p4 3ghz 4gb of ram, and still having problem with NI Elektrik piano, it says "Physical memory is getting low". I don't know what to do with it... help?

paulifra
04-28-2008, 09:53 AM
You have to tell more about your system, but :

Using kontakt 2, can not see 4 gb of ram.

So your error message is related in two situations.

As i told you earlier:

a) diasable 2 out off the 4 gb memory.
b) get the latest update for the kontakt or kompakt player version.

Normally the message PS Memory is getting low is a result from an old version off the player.

My expierence is all versions of NI players 1.03 will give this error message, especially on systems with more then 4 gb.

If you get the latest version off the player 1.08 or later, this error message disapears.

This all is only true , if people use a legal player

You could have know because i posted this answer before.