PDA

View Full Version : Yet another potential Silver to Gold convert

loogoo
04-16-2005, 07:39 AM
With the current crossgrade option for Gold, I am seriously considering this instead of the Silver Pro upgrade. But I have a couple of questions that maybe someone can clarify for me:

1. Since there is no proof of competitive product for the crossgrade, does this mean that I don't have to lose the Silver license without paying $50? I would hate to lose the piano, organ and the little bit of choir that I have.

2. One feature of the pro upgrades that especially intrigues me is the Qlegato. Does anyone really know what this means? I mean, is it a significant feature that I would be a fool to pass up (i.e., get Gold AND the Silver Pro upgrade - let's not talk about Gold Pro, please!)

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Luis Gutierrez

Stefan Podell
04-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Even if you were to lose Silver (which I don't think you'd have to do), Gold and Platinum owners can get the piano, organ, and choir samples for free. Note that getting the samples this way is not compatible with the Kompakt player from Gold, so you need to have the full version of Kompakt or Kontakt.

As for QLegato, we're *all* waiting to hear how that sounds... :) Knowing EW/QL, it'll probably be great. It's not "real" legato as VSL provides, but it sounds like it may be more flexible, too.

best,
Stefan

loogoo
04-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. OK, I guess I'll have to assume that the QLegato will be something great. The sad fact is - I want all of it but I have to choose! :eek: