PDA

View Full Version : Play drops volume suddenly!

Jim Curits
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm using the latest Play as a VST in Cubase 4 (latest) and as a standalone.

Which ever instance I use it in, I notice when I load certain ewi samples, they seem to play at the correct volume then suddenly the level drops very low.

Please can some boby check these samples out for me?

QL Goliath.....picking...Stormdrum MOD...picking...Stormdrum Lost Rhythms...then picking any of the presets from there.

Double Data Rate 161 ewi
Hella Scared 131 ewi
Mastercraft 182 ewi
Metal Zone 135 ewi
Railslide 158 ewi
Rising Sun 155 ewi

I've noticed others but can somebody try these, just press your midi appropriate keys a few times, like I said it starts off nice and bright and then it's like somebody has closed the door on the music...weird! It might be me, but I would like to know?;)

Jim Curits
04-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Filled out support ticket, but if anyone else can shed any light?;)

Jim Curits
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Bump Bump Bump, the only advice back from support is:

Have you downloaded the latest updates? Make sure to "set directory" in the PLAY favorites window by right clicking
or control clicking on the product title and selecting each titles respective Instruments folder. Now when you run the
sample / instrument updates they will default to the correct location.

If you still run into trouble, please be specific as to the directory where the sounds reside, for instance Synth Basses.

Does this occur in stand alone mode as well as plug-in?

All the above questions are in the original thread and email I sent! Surely somebody can try these ewi samples?

Jim Curits
05-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Going to keep bumping!:mad:

Jim Curits
05-04-2008, 02:13 AM
It seems to be the "filter switch" which is on when you add these ewi files mentioned above, when knocked off the sound is crystal! Don't know if the filter switch being on is the default setting?

persentio
05-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Bump Bump Bump, the only advice back from support is:

Have you downloaded the latest updates? Make sure to "set directory" in the PLAY favorites window by right clicking
or control clicking on the product title and selecting each titles respective Instruments folder. Now when you run the
sample / instrument updates they will default to the correct location.

If you still run into trouble, please be specific as to the directory where the sounds reside, for instance Synth Basses.

Does this occur in stand alone mode as well as plug-in?

All the above questions are in the original thread and email I sent! Surely somebody can try these ewi samples?
Tech support personnel apparently don't give your emails a good read and just reply 'preset' answers.

I am having a problem authorizing VoP with that darned "Invalid Response" error the Authorization Wizard keeps showing, and had to submit 3 support tickets to get a response from Jonathan Kranz himself saying he could help me authorize my library on iLok.com. However he too asked me for my iLok account name which I had already stated in the support ticket! It's really quite annoying because it gives me the impression these guys can't really be bothered to get a clear representation of what exactly is your problem as well as the details you have provided them with to save some time...

I know this is out of topic but... Had to rant. Frustrated from the error and that I have to get upset over not being able to use the library for another 2 days until Monday PST when Eastwest techsupport opens again. The first support ticket I got back from Forbes said that the server is busy and if I tried at another time it would work. But hey! I have been trying for 2 days straight at regular time intervals (excluding my sleeping time) and I get the same error. Is the server THAT busy 24/7 for 2 days straight?

Pietro
05-04-2008, 05:55 AM
It seems to be the "filter switch" which is on when you add these ewi files mentioned above, when knocked off the sound is crystal! Don't know if the filter switch being on is the default setting?

Yes, filter switch is on as default for all SD2 instruments. MOD wheel (CC1) controls the filters strenght. At the moment (not home), I can't have any other advice for you but to "print" CC1=0 for every channel at the beginning of the track.

These instruments are actually ment to be used with MOD wheel (and some performance-multis could be set to non-default point just from the beginning), so it's safer to reset it before you start playing.

- Piotr

Jim Curits
05-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Thanks for your replies guys,;) after my last post I could not get on to this forum site at all to post again, no matter what browser I used:confused: