PDA

View Full Version : Getting my installed Play Libraries listed in the Favorites Pane?

Jim Curits
05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Ok, so according to the Play user manual, all the Play Libraries you have, should be listed in the Favorites Pane.

I currently have Goliath + SD2, but only the Goliath Library shows up and I have to manually, point to the SD2 library every time I want to use it, also I can not point to the SD2 interface to pick as the default interface.

Any ideas?

I can still load SD2 samples and the SD2 interface comes up with it, but something is a miss.:confused:

As the update says if you have moved your SD2 folder then point to it, to upgrade, which is what I am doing. Here we go again...Uninstall / reinstall / Uninstall / reinstall.ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz!

persentio
05-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Perhaps you can try this: Open SD2 in standalone, close it, and repeat until SD2 is listed in the "Favourites" Pane. I'm guessing your library appears in "Favourites" after a certain amount of use, and their order depends on which you used more.

Jim Curits
05-09-2008, 03:34 AM
Perhaps you can try this: Open SD2 in standalone, close it, and repeat until SD2 is listed in the "Favourites" Pane. I'm guessing your library appears in "Favourites" after a certain amount of use, and their order depends on which you used more.

Thanks for the tip...but it did not make the SD2 library appear in the favorites pane.

Anyone else?

Pietro
05-09-2008, 03:43 AM
It requires modifications in registry, so please contact with tech support.

- Piotr

persentio
05-09-2008, 03:46 AM
I don't think you need to go through Tech Support:

Favorites Folders
If you have created one or more virtual folders in the
Favorites Pane, you can populate them with any instrument
files you choose. In doing so, you are neither
copying the instrument on your hard drive, nor moving
it. You are creating a shortcut that allows you to open
an instrument without having to navigate to it every
time.

To add one of these instrument shortcuts to a virtual
folder, navigate to the instrument as described above.
Once the instrument file (always with an extension of
“.ewi”) is selected, use the mouse to drag the name
of the instrument on top of the virtual folder where you
want to add it; when you release the mouse button,
the shortcut to the file has been added. To verify this,
select the folder and you should see all its contained
instruments in the first column, as shown in the image.

Note in this image that the basses come from two different libraries. You can collect
instruments from any PLAY System library in a single folder.

Pietro
05-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Yes, but this is just a workaround.

If you try to install an update for these instruments in the future, updater won't know the original paths and you would have to do the registry thing anyway.

- Piotr

persentio
05-09-2008, 04:41 AM
Oh I see. Thanks for that!