PDA

View Full Version : Film Scoring Home Studio Setup

ckorangy
05-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm about to start building a home studio with a MacPro as the host/sequencer using DP and Logic and running a couple of slave PC's.
The software I'm interested in using would consist of the Composer Bundle, GigaStudio running VSL, Spectrasonics, etc.

I'm relatively new to the hardware and cables needed to make everything work and also how to assign software to specific drives so any suggestions here would be well appreciated. I also have a MOTO 828 from a previous laptop setup I had and would like to use that if at all possible.

My main questions are,
1. What PC's should I get
2. What interfaces are needed and connections between computers

Thanks!

ELP71
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Lots of options, but honestly I would just put the 'PC' $$$ into more MacPro machine/RAM/drives and keep it simple.

likecmposr
05-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Lots of options, but honestly I would just put the 'PC' $$$ into more MacPro machine/RAM/drives and keep it simple.

That is what I did. I am ver happy I did. I enjoy the mac for more than just music also!

kstevege
05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
sonica labs

ToddK
05-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Sonica is definately the best deal for a music PC.

Screamin Quad core with everything including 3gig ram, and silent components, for 1500.00usd

Ya cant beat that with a stick. You might be able to order the parts and build it yourself
for 1200.00usd, maybe. Thats a big maybe

T