PDA

View Full Version : Moved sample libraries to new eSATA drive...

David_Lucas
06-03-2008, 06:36 AM
And now Gold XP, RA and Symphonic Choirs can't find the samples. I try to direct the program to the place where I moved the samples and it still says it can't find them.

So...I reinstall the programs and tell them that my samples will be on the H: drive. I fire up one of the programs and it STILL can't find the samples, even though it says it's looking in the right place.

Eventually I got ONE of my sample libraries to work... but only part of the time. Other times it just won't find the samples. I figure it has to be an issue with my new eSATA drive, but I don't know what the issue could be. I'm able to open the drive and see my sample libraries sitting there... it's just that the programs, for whatever reason, can't access them.

Any help?:confused:

David_Lucas
06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
...I also scanned the drive and Windows found no errors on the disk.
I'm using Windows Vista 32, if that helps. Wish I was still using XP, but this computer didn't ship with it, and I'm not willing to shell out the extra money for an older OS.

paulifra
06-04-2008, 03:45 AM
I did have the same problem in the past with my 6 play libraries.
Moving want be accepted.
After a few new installations , i quit.

So finally i installed the whole programs, including the full libraries of all my play software.
You will end without any problem after full new installations.

One thing is for sure, you will be glad you bought an external esata drive.

If you bought an Lacie external Raid esata drive, you will even be more satisfied.

Good luck

chest
06-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Just in case it's useful (and I don't know whether it will be), perhaps - if you're re-installing whole libraries - the tip in post #2 here might save some time(?):

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=13694

David_Lucas
06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Just in case it's useful (and I don't know whether it will be), perhaps - if you're re-installing whole libraries - the tip in post #2 here might save some time(?):

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=13694

Problem is, I've already installed the programs and libraries again and it STILL can't find the samples, even after I point the program directly to the folder with the samples.

Does anyone know if perhaps the eSATA drive is not always running and that might be causing the inability to find samples? Or if my cardbus adapter needs an adjustment? This is terribly frustrating and going on 5 days now that I've not had access to my libraries.

johng
06-04-2008, 09:18 PM
You need to run a test, I think, to see if it's your system somewhere else. If you still have the libraries somewhere on another disk on your computer, maybe see if you can run them from -- if your sample player can see them in -- that alternate location. If that works, then at least you know that there is something amiss with your drive or card or eSATA setup.

paulifra
06-05-2008, 02:07 AM
I do have an lacie d2 esata drive.
When i start my pc system, the drive is not!!! on. I always have to start the drive with the big blue knob.

It has happened a few times that i started the play engine, but ( of cours ) it could not find the samples. because my drive was not on.

There is possible an other difficulty.

If you have more then two drives in your system, you have to check the the drive letter of the sata drive at the moment of installation.

If after Initial installation the drive letter had changed , your play installation can not !!! find the library.

So see what is your drive letter during instaaltion.

Go to start / run and type regedit.

In the registry go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EASTWEST\PLAY\PRODUCTI NSTALLDIRS

In this place you can see on what drive letter your librarie is initialized.

Be carefull with the registry

If the drive letter in the registry is not the real drive letter, then change the drive letter.

Changing drive letter :
Goto to start/control panel/Administratiev tools/Computer management/Disk Management

Right click the disk and choose change drive letter