PDA

View Full Version : MACBook Pro

LEX
06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Just bought a Macbook Pro. 15.4".

What a great Laptop.

Size, battery, different Os's, screen, ect.

Well worth the money.

There may be cheaper Laps out there, but buy cheap buy twice.

Logic Pro 8 is going on next. Gotta see what's under the hood.

LEX

A.Leung
06-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Not listening to the rumored new Mac book Pro line to come out in a couple of months eh? I'm on the fence. I need a new one like (yesterday) and I'd rather not wait so looks like I'm going to go ahead. Rumors or not. :)

Good time for Logic 8. LOTS of bugs have been worked out. Its not perfect but its the best its been...

LEX
06-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Not listening to the rumored new Mac book Pro line to come out in a couple of months eh? I'm on the fence. I need a new one like (yesterday) and I'd rather not wait so looks like I'm going to go ahead. Rumors or not. :)

Good time for Logic 8. LOTS of bugs have been worked out. Its not perfect but its the best its been...

What rumors?

My lappy was on the outs, so it was time whether I wanted to or not.
LEX

A.Leung
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
The imminent MacBook Pro is Penryn chips with the Montevina platform. This unit was originally expected at WWDC June 9th but now delayed by Intel until July.

Valuable link for those dreaming of their [mac] future: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPod and
http://www.appleinsider.com/

We may be quite a ways away from getting the first Mac QUAD core laptop (due to heat issues) approx. 45 watts worth but THAT will be the day I rejoice. Of course if they released the Quad now I'd hope it would come with a free pare of asbetos jeans! (with the apple logo on the rear right pocket of course)

A.Leung
06-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Aww wtf - enjoy your new lappy. I think Ill pick one up tomorrow if I can get away! (wait-Im broke - oh craps thats what the APPLE credit card is for!)

raywong
06-12-2008, 01:22 AM
I recently bought a top spec MacBookPro, upgraded to OS10.5.3. I noticed a few thing:

- it is very hot around the upper edge of the keyboard, enough to burn your skin when Kontakt is running.
- Cubase and standalone Kontakt player can not run together, otherwise the sound interface(tried 3 interface) will stop working.
- the current m-audio fw1814 sound interface driver does not work here.

A.Leung
06-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Time for some asbestos pants man!

Yeah-I hear some are running pretty hot. Although I know of one thats been hot and on stage for weeks to no ill effects (yet) HEAT is a 'puters worse enemy.

likecmposr
06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
mine ran hot- apple sent me a new one NEXT freakin day. its doing very well.

LEX
06-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Just pickup these great little portable drive enclosures from Melrose Mac.

The macally FW/USB2 drives that fit 2.5" laptop drives in it. Bus powered.

Taking my new 160 gig PC drive and putting it in one of the enclosures and had a 40 gig I never used for images and software.

$50 bucks each.

LEX

A.Leung
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
we must of just missed each other. when were you there!!? I took apart a laptop and needed a new hard drive. Melrose MAcs a great store but not as fancy as the Groves Apple store. And they dont sell iPhone stuff. what a drag. But Terry Knows SAndy the owner very well so we go ther all the time... What a nightmare. Ever take apart an iBook all the way down to the drive?

raywong
06-12-2008, 08:53 PM
What do you mean they sent you a new one? Is the new one cooler?

Andrew Sigler
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM
As a PC guy, may I just refer y'all to my recent kudos to Mac...

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?p=127719#post127719

I mean...that's good business

A.Leung
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
r u kidding. Apple really knows how to treat their customers. I've had problems and had a replacement in 48 hrs or LESS. I wish every company was like Apple...

LEX
06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
we must of just missed each other. when were you there!!? I took apart a laptop and needed a new hard drive. Melrose MAcs a great store but not as fancy as the Groves Apple store. And they dont sell iPhone stuff. what a drag. But Terry Knows SAndy the owner very well so we go ther all the time... What a nightmare. Ever take apart an iBook all the way down to the drive?

I was at the one in burbank. I was here at about 5:40 PM, right before they closed.
What a retarded time to close.

Probably not if you are on the West side.

Either way, you would have had to known me. Yellow Vette, with LEX in the plates.

LEX

A.Leung
06-13-2008, 12:38 AM
WHOSE seeing you in BURBANK LEX!? With a car like that you belong on MELROSE. ;)

Nanto Warrior
06-13-2008, 04:43 AM
I was at the one in burbank. I was here at about 5:40 PM, right before they closed.
What a retarded time to close.

Probably not if you are on the West side.

Either way, you would have had to known me. Yellow Vette, with LEX in the plates.

LEX

That is one awesome car. Are you really Lex Luger, the WCW wrestler?! :)

1jv
06-14-2008, 08:05 AM
I've too have the burning macbook experience as you mention.

Click the link below if your brave enough to open up your Macbook, I myself am really tempted but have never opened up a laptop before.

It does explain why there is a heat issue .

http://www.torq-dj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6497

Helpful link on how to open your Mac Lappes with Tutorials.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/

LEX
06-16-2008, 03:01 AM
WHOSE seeing you in BURBANK LEX!? With a car like that you belong on MELROSE. ;)

HAHA!
Well, I'm in Studio City. Burbank is closer.

Nanto,

Look at my avatar. LEX. LEX Luthor.
;)

LEX

persentio
06-16-2008, 06:29 AM
Is your Studio named Lex Corp? :D

Pietro
06-16-2008, 06:37 AM
And the question comes.

Who the heck our LEX actually is? :D

- Piotr

Andrew Sigler
06-16-2008, 07:20 AM
I referenced a post from another thread earlier in this thread...

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/s...719#post127719

...and have an update. My wife requested a Nano, but between the time she decided and the time the Nano got here she decided she wanted a Touch instead. So she called them up and they're sending it out.

For free.

Again.

:eek:

LEX
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM

Luther Corp.

LEX

V o n h ö g e n
06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Look at my avatar. LEX. LEX Luthor.
Luther Corp.

And here is a picture of that studio. :D

- Jerome Vonhögen

Nice setup, Lex!

V o n h ö g e n
06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
By the way, the studio can be found at the Costa del Lex, as this map clearly shows. ;)

- Jerome Vonhögen

V o n h ö g e n
06-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I almost forgot: is the man on the right your orchestrator, Lex? :p

- Jerome Vonhögen

LEX
06-16-2008, 09:23 PM
By the way, the studio can be found at the Costa del Lex, as this map clearly shows. ;)

- Jerome Vonhögen

Ah yes.

MArina del LEX, Lutherville, LEXington, LEX Springs.

Might have to change the avatar. LOL!

LEX

LEX
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I almost forgot: is the man on the right your orchestrator, Lex? :p

- Jerome Vonhögen

Yep. Found him in the back woods of Virgina.

LEX

LEX
06-16-2008, 09:25 PM
It is karaoke night. I am about to sing "More than a Feeling".

LEX