PDA

View Full Version : samples HD : an eternity to access

Erik Wietzel
06-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi there

My soundbank-samples HD is showing signs of... I dont' know. It's just that it'll not access samples & data in du time : it'll take minute to load anything.If even it'll dare load anything at all. It does show on th system, it's not "lost", but just doesn't load data in less than minutes.
It's a slave 320gig. with no access to the web. No signs of slowing or symptoms have alerted me it'ld fail in any way.
Any idea please where I could begin to look at ? Thanx !

Pietro
06-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Does it make any strange noises?

I had a problem with my system drive. It turned out, that the power supply cable was broken.

- Piotr

Erik Wietzel
06-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Does it make any strange noises?

I had a problem with my system drive. It turned out, that the power supply cable was broken.

- Piotr
No, no strange noises. At least I don't have to deal with an additional noise ;)

Jim Curits
06-12-2008, 08:28 AM
No, no strange noises. At least I don't have to deal with an additional noise ;)

It could still be faulty without being noisy, I recently ordered a new Barracuda 320GB hard drive, and since it's first installation it would be ok one day then the next day my OS would insist on running a CHKDISK scan on it...this is with only a couple of GBs used.

After a couple of weeks I ran some Bios hard drive software on it and this test showed the drive had errors and was proving difficult to read.

I have since returned this drive and the company tested it and said it was in fact faulty.
So I ordered another hard drive and that one is fine.;)

Erik Wietzel
06-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, it looks like it's not exactly the HD that's faulty : working in standalone modes doesn't make any problem :confused:

ok0510
06-17-2008, 06:51 PM
I have since returned this drive and the company tested it and said it was in fact faulty.
So I ordered another hard drive and that one is fine.

Erik Wietzel
06-19-2008, 03:29 AM
In fact, the trouble comes with the movie contest ! :eek:
Cubase is the host.
Can't DFD with the movie (small quicktime, the format I used for the former contest) or kind of. Comp freezes when attempting to open a new project after trying to work on the current project with .mov.
Moreover, I've created a brand new project, to start from scratch, and then import the movie but same problem. Took ages to load my PLAY instrument. :confused: