PDA

View Full Version : Web Cam and 3GB switch......

paulwr
07-21-2008, 08:39 AM
This is the only place I know where so many use the 3GB switch......

I have setup a Logitech QuickCam Communicate MP. It works great if I boot normally. But if I boot with my 3GB switch, it won't work correctly............... But I need the WebCam to communicate and run some sessions that are large enough that I need the 3GB switch........

So.............. anyone have a good webcam running on a computer with a 3GB switch invoked? If not, I may have to run the WebCam on a slave and add an additional monitor dedicated to it or s/g.

Thanks.
-Paul

Denny S.
07-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I also encountered a problem with the 3GB switch. Everytime I put in a Blu-Ray/HDDVD with the switch enabled the computer ends up with a cheerful BSOD. The switch seems to affect some video applications whatsoever. I'd be glad to help but don't have a solution for this issue. Did you try to google it?

paulwr
07-21-2008, 10:02 AM
I also encountered a problem with the 3GB switch. Everytime I put in a Blu-Ray/HDDVD with the switch enabled the computer ends up with a cheerful BSOD. The switch seems to affect some video applications whatsoever. I'd be glad to help but don't have a solution for this issue. Did you try to google it?

Yes. Just no real info since there are very few users that invoke the switch.

-Paul

Enrique
07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey Paul, some programs really don't like the 3GB switch for some reason or another.

I have a different problem when using the switch. The game I am working on, for example, can't run with the 3GB switch, I log in, and it hard crashes as soon as I enter the game, though the blue screen of death is telling me that it's something to do with the graphics card.. i turn the switch off and everything works fine.

Maybe it's the software that particular webcam uses, I can only suggest to try another model with different software and see if there isn't one available that work with a 3GB switch on.

paulwr
07-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey Paul, some programs really don't like the 3GB switch for some reason or another.

I have a different problem when using the switch. The game I am working on, for example, can't run with the 3GB switch, I log in, and it hard crashes as soon as I enter the game, though the blue screen of death is telling me that it's something to do with the graphics card.. i turn the switch off and everything works fine.

Maybe it's the software that particular webcam uses, I can only suggest to try another model with different software and see if there isn't one available that work with a 3GB switch on.

I guess I've been lucky. This is the only program that I've knowingly had a problem with while the 3GB switch is on. I certainly don't want to compromise my DAW for the sake of a webcam. If no one comes up with a brand that works, I'm just going to install on my slave and buy another display that will be of use for other things, too.

It would be nice if an o/s had, literally, a separate stick of memory for it. At least I think it would be.............

Thanks,
-Paul