View Full Version : keyswitch controller

07-24-2008, 07:41 AM
I wonder,

does it exist? I find it hard to work with keyswitches that are out of the keyboard range. I'd like to be able to play with articulations while manipulating the key switches. IS somebody here on this forums who maybe is using a special organ bass range for that, or maybe just a little controller that allows you to press a button and assigns it to the range where the keyswitches are located ?

07-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Which keyboard controller are you using? Most modern midi keyboards that aren't full sized already, have an option to lower/raise the octave level so that you can reach the lower/higher octaves. For example, my E-mu keyboard only has 49 keys, but I can push a button and lower the range by an octave to include the bottom octave where the keyswitches live.

You could also get a small, one octave midi controller and map it to the lowest octave and use it to "play" the keyswitches. Include it in the chain of midi controllers you already have and set your midi input to "omni" and you can play both keyboards at the same time...


07-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Yes, this is a pain for those of us with smaller keyboards.. I'm using an axiom 49 and have remapped the velocity pads to cover KS when I need the rest of the keys mapped to a higher range. But using an auxiliiary controller would be better I think - I like Rob's idea of using a second small keyboard for this, or perhaps a midi pedal board for hands free articulation..

07-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Perhaps you could use Behringer BCR 2000; I`m thinking about buying it myself - exactly for keyswitching purpose. Check it out on http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHBCR2000

07-25-2008, 03:08 AM
You can get something like a Trigger Finger and program the pads for keyswitching; and you have a great drum pad to play with too! :)