PDA

View Full Version : Woot Computers?

mike_bohn
07-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I've been researching parts for a new rig, and I've come across the name Woot Computers a few times, yet I can't remember ever seeing anything about them before.

Has anyone bought from them before? Just curious as to whether they're a reliable builder.

Thanks for any input. Cheers.

noldar12
07-26-2008, 05:01 PM
As I have continued to research computer upgrades (have the funds at last - yeah! - waiting now for first reports on EWQLSO Play before deciding among various possible configurations) I also ran across them a few times.

My gut feel is that while they may be ok, this is not an area I would personally take a chance on, given the complex nature of a DAW. It would seem wise to stick with known reputable DAW builders if not building your own, such as ADK, Sonica, Studio Cat, etc.

mike_bohn
07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you completely. I had at one point considered Sonica and/or Vision, but I'll most likely be building my own. As for other builders, it never hurts to ask.

GtrJazz
07-27-2008, 02:02 PM
What do you guys think of fanless power supplies? Are they really quiet?

persentio
07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Fanless anything are more often than not silent; but if you utilize them you MUST have a casing with good ventilation and more case fans. (A give and take perhaps; more fans mean more noise).

There are 2 PSUs that use fans but are very quiet that I can recommend: Enermax Modu 82+ and Zalman ZM series.

Heck; check out http://www.silentpcreview.com for a list of recommended silent PC parts. :)

ipodfansmail
08-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Awesome post,Thanks for sharing.