PDA

View Full Version : Lappy with Logic->Slave a/Vista

likecmposr
07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
WELL firstly thank you to everyone especially A.leung for helping me get my MacPro cookin with Logic and my ewqlso goodies. Now I have a new issue . I have a new computer with Vista on it and was wondering if anyone knows how to optimize it for music related stuff. Any tips would be primo!

Thank you for reading!

A.Leung
07-30-2008, 07:40 PM
David,
Im glad your lap top is smokin now. You have a great set-up especially with that card so everything should be fine.
reg Vista:

There IS someyhing you can do! :) There are some basic streamlining tips you can do that are very simliar to what you can do with Xp. Streamlining is very important in Vista because as you already are aware it is MUCH more resource hungry than XP. Especially Vista is much more graphics heavy especially if your using the Aero glass interface.

start by turning off eye candy visuals.

The newr security measures in Vista may slo u down as well so I would recommend (your comfortability factor may vary!) disabling user account control as well as a few select features located in the security center.

You can gauge your computers performance and to get better performance go to Control Panels--->performance info and Tools. Theres a place in the Performance tools that you can click on to get recomendations on how to improve your score. Near the Left side youll see things like visual f/x, start-up,indexing ,etc. tweak these to gain more power. I seem to remember an additional TOOLS menu (cant find it now) that really has some other ways to better the performance with options available to u in that menu.

Hope that helps and best of luck with Vista!!!