PDA

View Full Version : Symphonic Choir Demos

Pages : [1] 2

George Bellas
04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
:eek: I am totally looking forward to the Symphonic Choir Demos! :eek:

I'm sure I'll be placing my order immediately after hearing and watching the media presentation that's currently being prepared.

I purchased VOTA a few months ago, but getting this new library is really a no brainer. For the working MAC word builder utility alone, not to mention for the higher quality of samples compared to VOTA's.

Thanks for all your efforts Doug and Nick. I'll be a happy camper once I have this library loaded in my G5!

banquo
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
something... anything...

kaztix
04-19-2005, 04:06 PM
...the same for me...

JamesIII
04-19-2005, 05:15 PM
I'd really like to hear them too. Have the folks already been selected to create the demos? If so, and you are reading this, how are the demos coming along?

James III

Doug Rogers
04-19-2005, 05:24 PM
We should have demos in approx. 10 days.

- Doug

JamesIII
04-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks, Doug! Glad to hear it.

EricDoggett
04-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow - I hope they are available a little sooner than that. I'd hate to have one day to decide whether to take advantage of the VOTA upgrade offer.

Eric

banquo
04-20-2005, 03:07 AM
well I can't afford it right now anyway [got my eyes on that competition, heh heh heh...] so ill be glad to hear lots of user demos before i've plonk down the cash.

Tower
04-20-2005, 05:16 AM

- Doug

That would be April 30th ...Is this a practical joke, or the release date is shifted again?

Tow

tonypatterson
04-20-2005, 06:18 AM
well I can't afford it right now anyway [got my eyes on that competition, heh heh heh...] so ill be glad to hear lots of user demos before i've plonk down the cash.

I wasn't aware that there was any REAL competition out there!

tonypatterson
04-20-2005, 06:21 AM
That would be April 30th ...Is this a practical joke, or the release date is shifted again?

Tow

Why should the release date be put forward just because the demos are released on the same day as the product?
Not everyone will be ordering on the day of release (already ordered mine though :) )

Tony

Tower
04-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Why should the release date be put forward just because the demos are released on the same day as the product?
Not everyone will be ordering on the day of release (already ordered mine though :) )

Tony

Because the discount ends on that date...

I would like to hear a least one demo before I order, and I dont want to lose the VOTA discount...And I'm sure I'm not the only one..

Tow

Doug Rogers
04-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Because the discount ends on that date...

I would like to hear a least one demo before I order, and I dont want to lose the VOTA discount...And I'm sure I'm not the only one..

Tow

We are delayed by approx. 2 weeks (mid-May). The product is in beta right now with 23 beta testers and demo creators.

This product has a learning curve, and we want to make sure it's clear how to use it.

- Doug

Tower
04-20-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks Doug..

Tow

George Bellas
04-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I would like to hear a demonstration before I make the purchase, and I too do not want to miss out on the VOTA owners discount (I just bought VOTA 3 months ago). I know it's a 'No-Brainer' but I still would like to hear it before I buy.

So if I understand correctly, we'll have about 2 weeks of demo listening before the library is released.

DEMO's - April 30ish ?

RELEASE - May 15ish ?

Thanks for the info Doug.

My ears are on and waiting...

George Bellas
05-03-2005, 06:21 AM

- Doug

Is this still an accurate approximation?

It would really be nice to know when. I've been feverishly checking this site 10 times a day, so it seems. I am totally looking forward to this new library!

Thanks for any insight...

Doug Rogers
05-03-2005, 07:29 AM
They are being worked on, we'll post the information here first. You will definitely hear demos before any discount expires.

- Doug

MKS
05-03-2005, 08:13 AM
I can't wait to hear the demos. Regardless, I ordered it this weekend.

GORILLA
05-03-2005, 09:01 AM
April 14th...April 30th.....mid May......What's negative with the beta testing? Will this be the last push back? Or are we honestly looking at a early July release? I'm not trying to be facetious....just looking for a precise release date. :) Is the word utiliity now working as good on Mac as it does on PC?
Thanks Doug :D

Doug Rogers
05-03-2005, 09:28 AM
It's not in our interest to delay the release of any product, nor is it in our (or your) interest to release a product before it's ready. The release date is always subject to change (as it says on the product page) and is a 'best guess' based on information known at the time.

Having said that, the beta test is progressing nicely and we expect to release the product and demos shortly.

- Doug

synergy543
05-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Not a demo, but you can see what the word builder looks like over at:

http://www.vi-control.net/forum/

Hardy Heern
05-03-2005, 02:00 PM
It's not in our interest to delay the release of any product, nor is it in our (or your) interest to release a product before it's ready. The release date is always subject to change (as it says on the product page) and is a 'best guess' based on information known at the time.

Having said that, the beta test is progressing nicely and we expect to release the product and demos shortly.

- Doug

You can't ask for fairer than that!

Frank

legofred
05-05-2005, 09:02 AM
I have also been waiting for those demos for a long time now, but it just crossed my mind that hearing demos now could make the wait for the release even worse (as if that was possible... :D)

Jean-Pierre Nouvel
05-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Not a demo, but you can see what the word builder looks like over at:

http://www.vi-control.net/forum/

So far... so near ! Look at soundsonline/ Home page / Symphonic Choirs .. scroll down. Is that picture not a word builder too ?

George Bellas
05-10-2005, 06:39 AM
May 16th is coming up pretty quick now!

I hope we get to hear some S.C. demos in the next few days.:D

banquo
05-10-2005, 06:51 AM
/starts chant

dum dum *DEMOS!*, dum dum *DEMOS!*...

sing it with me!

black neon bob
05-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Won't take long now... :D

Bernard
05-10-2005, 07:37 AM
very soon! I think!

Nayi
05-10-2005, 08:58 AM
The wait is almost unbearable. :(

legofred
05-10-2005, 09:16 AM
I believe the release date will be changed again. Maybe June 1st. But I hope I'm terrible wrong. May I ask what the status is at the moment? Can we expect demos this week? :)

chocothrax
05-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm sure they have something to post but they probably want a whole bunch of demo's to put up at once. I'm dying to hear the boys choir. :(

George Bellas
05-10-2005, 10:33 AM
This has got to be one of the most highly-anticipated sample library releases of 2005! :eek:

My pitch pipe and baton are ready to go!

black neon bob
05-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Funny thing is.. i have the feeling it's going to be delayed as well.. maybe in june indeed :o i hope i am very, very wrong... but yeah.. what's the latest on the demo's and the release date?

scarr
05-10-2005, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=George Bellas]This has got to be one of the most highly-anticipated sample library releases of 2005! :eek:QUOTE]
It's funny that you say that because there are probably a mess of people awaiting the EWQLSO Pro upgrades, but nobody seems bothered that we don't have demos of that stuff. It's true that the choir is voices instead of instruments, but both ways it's still a bunch of samples you haven't heard yet.

I make this observation in the hope that someone can respond and thus explain to me why I'm not worried about the Pro upgrade (which I've ordered), but I check SC site a few times a day to see if the demos are up. :D

loogoo
05-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Well, the QLSO is after all a known quantity and we are confident that Pro will just be a natural extension. Symphonic Choir is that new adrenaline rush we're all waiting for. Can't wait to hear them sing something besides "don't stare at the eye" and "Saruman is watching" :D

Toxikator
05-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Most likely because, apart from Qlegato, we don't expect much in the way of innovation fromt he pro upgrades. They're more like a toolset; they expand on the greatness that is EWQLSO. SC, however, is something totally new, it's singing samples. No one has ever written a choir that can sing WORDS (to the best of my knowledge, anyway) and so we're on edge to hear it because we expect to be blown away.

Also, the pro upgrades are a little ways farther off than choirs. I think many may fear that SC is going to be delayed, and the demos are reassurance that it will be released on time. The fact that the demos are late is a sign the product will be late, and so if the demos are posted people will feel better.

Myself, I check everyday for the demos. I'm excited.

scarr
05-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Perhaps it's just the way I think, but isn't SC supposed to the the choral "extension" of SO? By that logic, shouldn't we feel the same way about it? I'm sure it'll have that same quality level.

VOTA can sing words now. The word-building utilities (at least from the small bits I've seen of SC) actually look very similar. From the delays to "perfect" the utility though, I would assume they're making it easier to use.

Come to think of it, it would actually be nice to have a video demo of how much work has to be done with the new utility to create a "finalized" line. The NAMM demo was live playing on a predetermined lyric, which is only a piece of the process. I know the team is tremedously busy right now though, so I won't hold my breath. :)

deathadder79
05-10-2005, 03:26 PM
...SC, however, is something totally new, it's singing samples. No one has ever written a choir that can sing WORDS (to the best of my knowledge, anyway) ...

I think Voices of The Apocalypse could with the word builder, but it isn't nearly as convincing as EWQLSC seems to be...

MacQ
05-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm personally most interested in seeing how it does the nuances of choral singing. Things like convincing melismas and legato phrasing. I understand it to be quite a bit more comprehensive than just big fff screaming in minor chords for dramatic effect, so I'm quite anxious to hear how versatile it is in other settings. The already mentioned pronounciation options (for doing things like Austro-German latin texts) have me excited. I'll probably be disappointed with my expectations this high, but ... maybe not!

Anxiously,

~MacQ

Toxikator
05-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh my God, you're right! well, if SC sounds better than VOTA it's bound to be impressive as I'd shell out $995 for VOTA by itself. If the wordbuilder is better than that then it must be extremely detailed.

I still wish the solo voices had wordbuilder capability...

Hey, it says that VOTA's wordbuilder is an add-on. Does that mean it was made AFTER THE FACT to modify the "aah" sounds, as opposed to individual samples? and Nick/Doug, any chance that that sort of technology could be added to the solo voices at some point in the eventual future (since it wouldn't require any new sampling)?

Wishful thinking I suppose. but a female opera voice could be very useful...

Tox

black neon bob
05-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Good point Toxikator.. maybe one day.

I am set for SV as it is, and have high expectations as well.. i can hardly wait for the demos.. let alone the product itself!

George Bellas
05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
It's true that the choir is voices instead of instruments, but both ways it's still a bunch of samples you haven't heard yet.
:D

We've all been blown away with all the vast "instrumental" toolsets out there, but this is going to really be something.

The creative possibilities this brings to the pallet are enormously exciting! Wow, I can't wait! :eek:

black neon bob
05-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Despite not having heared the demos yet, i have just ordered sypmhonic choirs :D i pre-ordered it, and if i waited till release date it would have cost me 100 euro's extra...
see how much faith i have in sypmhonic choirs?? :p

EricDoggett
05-11-2005, 11:10 AM
My bet is that with 5 days to go, either the release date will slip, or if it doesn't, those wanting to take advantage of the VOTA upgrade path may have another week or so to do it after the release.

bloombaber
05-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I haven't read this whole discussion, so forgive me if I'm repeating, but when you guys do the demos...

YA JUST GOTTA HAVE 'EM SING SOMETHING LIKE

"Click 'ORDER' for the most realistic sampled choir ever created!"

black neon bob
05-11-2005, 11:50 AM
hahaha... yeah.. that would be pretty good!

scarr
05-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Hey, it says that VOTA's wordbuilder is an add-on. Does that mean it was made AFTER THE FACT to modify the "aah" sounds, as opposed to individual samples? and Nick/Doug, any chance that that sort of technology could be added to the solo voices at some point in the eventual future (since it wouldn't require any new sampling)?

Wishful thinking I suppose. but a female opera voice could be very useful...

While I agree that it would be cool, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Yes, the VOTA utility was "aftermarket." VOTA had all of the basic sounds in it already though. The utility just made it easier to string them together. From what has been said about SC, the solo voices are only going to be vowel sounds (and possibly not even "all" vowel sounds). While they could add the other stuff later, I think it would be a hefty download. Of course, DFHS has added additional drums after-the-fact, so who knows. :)

Toxikator
05-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh. I thought that the VOTA WB was a formant shaper that was added to the vowels. I didn't realize VOTA already had consonant samples. My bad.

Beach
05-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey guys,
release date delayed again :( .
I can't wait for this amazing library :) !!!!!

Doug Rogers
05-11-2005, 04:33 PM
May 31 is the final release date. Beta testing is finished, and we are going into production.

Demos will be available later this week or early next week.

- Doug

Stefan Podell
05-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Congratulations, Doug! As it so happens, that's my birthday! :)

AndyFinkenstadt
05-11-2005, 06:38 PM
And two weeks before my major demonstration. .. . . . who do I slip some shekels to to get an early copy of the guide? :)

JamesIII
05-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey there, Doug!

It's now officially "early next week"; how about some Symphonic Choir demos? :) Lookin' forward to them! :D

James III

Pi_314
05-17-2005, 06:12 PM

- Doug
I've heard this before, and tomorrow if the demos aren't there... I can say I've heard it again. Are you just telling everybody what they want to hear, or will we hear some demos tomorrow May 18 2005?

I think I'm gonna call this tuff love.

banquo
05-18-2005, 04:08 AM
well it['s just after midday of wednsday, so we are officially in the 2nd half of the week now.

demos!!

Pi_314
05-18-2005, 05:00 AM
May 31 is the final release date. Beta testing is finished, and we are going into production.

- Doug In my part of the world there is still time. If the demos aren't in today ( I'll consider the first part of the post above as untrue also), and I'll still have my money in my pocket and not in theirs.

Heres my scenerio - If there isn't much of anything to go by in terms of demos for the chiors ( I will not buy), and if I miss the bundled deal (I will not buy), and I can say with absolute clarity and unbridled confidence that if my money does not go here, it will go to the competition.

banquo
05-18-2005, 05:06 AM
I wouldn't mind if there were actually some certainty surrounding the release of the demos. I'm pretty fed up logging in a 2 or 3 times a day to see if they've been posted; if I knew for certain that they weren't going to be out until october 17th, 2037a.d then that's fine, i'll tune in then, but it's the not knowing / hype that's annoying.

still, I'm sure the demos will rock, we'll all buy it and all inconvienience will be forgotten. Like getting your wife roses. Well, i'm only 19, so it's a little like getting my girlfriend the new Harry Potter or something, but the point still holds!

anyway, roll on demos.

scarr
05-18-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't like needlessly compounding the negativity here, but I have to agree that the slips on the demos are getting tiresome. I can understand if work still needs to be done on the program more so that it runs more smoothly, but it should be possible to create/release demos before then. The Sony PS3 was only announced yesterday (and won't be out until next year) but I saw game demos from it last night.

As someone who isn't a full-time composer, my "need" for SC is probably less than that of the pros around here, and as such, it's not guaranteed that I'll buy it. The past couple weeks of checking for the imminent demos has grown tiresome and I'm more inclined to just forget about buying it. I'm a patient person, so if I'm almost to that point now I'm sure other potential customers are being lost for similar reasons.

aryeh
05-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Been checking into the boards (first and Northern and now here) for a while now. My first post.

What concerns me, is that the reason for taking longer than expected to post the demos could possibly be due to the time involved with getting the words to sound "real" using the Word Builder.

Suggestion (unless of course the utility already has this feature):

A translation feature making the words typed into the word builder utility sound correct in ones language of choice. e.g. please > pleeze. Otherwise, a major time waster. For that matter, a dictionary would be great. And even better, automatic translation.

Regardless of what one has to do manually to get the job done,(unless of course its absolutely over the top time consuming to use) 'm really hoping the word builder works as I hope to use the choir to sing the chorus parts for a double CD I'm finishing up. Otherwise, regardless of the quality of the samples, I'll have to contract a gospel group. Heres hoping.

Regards,

Aryeh Har-Even
http://www.Har-Even.com

AndyFinkenstadt
05-18-2005, 09:36 AM
We call that SINGLISH (short for Sung English) in our chorus. You haven't lived until you've tried to understand "Man of La Mancha" written out in singlish , without actually pronouncing the words and listening to what you just sang.

Sean R. Beeson
05-18-2005, 09:53 AM
I am sure they are working on the program and demos non-stop. We are, after all, talking about a program that can sing the words that you tell it to. You wouldn't want a version of EWQLSC that sings like it has turrets syndrome would you? :D (No offense towards those who have it.) The final product will be great.

Sean

chocothrax
05-18-2005, 10:09 AM
You wouldn't want a version of EWQLSC that sings like it has turrets syndrome would you?

I'd be first in line to buy that.

fvicente
05-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi,

It sounds like a lot of people around here are glass-half-empty types. ;) :D

Although the choir demos have been a long time coming, bear in mind that they only recently sent the final version for duplication, meaning that they only recently finished it. The demos are most likely being created by working pros who have other things to do that will make them money. The only benefit that they've received from doing a demo here is a free copy of the lib and that they received it early enough to do a demo. They were probably only sent a near-final or final version of the library as it was.

Will the library sing itself? I highly doubt it - it ain't gonna be push a button and watch it sing the middle section of Bohemian Rhapsody by itself. I'm sure, however, that judging by the few pictures that we've seen of the word-building utility it will actually be much more simple than the previous word building utility for VOTA (and cross-platform too :))

Anyway, as Doug suggested, I am sure that it won't be long. Many of us have waited months - what's a few more days? :cool:

fvicente

black neon bob
05-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Yes.. it has been said that they are HARD at work on the demos and on the product itself...

I am also really looking forward to this, and this product seems to have a lot of hype as well... this will be a damn fine product i am sure, and just two more weeks, and we will all be happy with.

So embrace the waiting and anticipating... it's not that bad to wait two more weeks now.

JamesIII
05-18-2005, 12:21 PM
"What concerns me, is that the reason for taking longer than expected to post the demos could possibly be due to the time involved with getting the words to sound "real" using the Word Builder. "

This concerns me too. Any software will have a learning curve. I just hope that it won't take weeks to make four bars of choral music sound good. I don't think any of us have time for that.

James III

deathadder79
05-18-2005, 04:49 PM
"What concerns me, is that the reason for taking longer than expected to post the demos could possibly be due to the time involved with getting the words to sound "real" using the Word Builder. "

This concerns me too. Any software will have a learning curve. I just hope that it won't take weeks to make four bars of choral music sound good. I don't think any of us have time for that.

James III

I think you guys hit the nail on the head... (is that the right saying?)

Anyway... as much as I dislike it, delaying the library release is probably a good thing... as has been said ad nauseam, it's better to have bug free (well, mostly) product then release it too early...

but as far as the demos are concerned, the *only* reason to delay those is if they are unhappy with sound... and if the actual creators of the library can't get a decent sound after several weeks of working on demos, I just wonder how many months of labor it will take the typical user to finish a single piece... I really hope that quicktime movie wasn't misleading...

Doug Rogers
05-18-2005, 07:44 PM
We could have posted "a" demo two weeks ago, but we want to post a variety of demos that shows the different sides of this product. That will happen shortly, we're not going to rush things regardless of our projections. There is just too much invested into this product to release anything prematurely.

You will hear demos and you will have time to take advantage of the pre-order discount - that we promise.

- Doug

aryeh
05-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks Doug. Looking forward with great anticipation.

Aryeh

Neilfactory
05-19-2005, 02:52 AM
There is just too much invested into this product to release anything prematurely. Doug

Yes, i can imagine!It's better to wait a little time but with better software!

Neil.

lovelysilence
05-19-2005, 05:15 AM
How could anyone complain about an extra month, if most people have waited for this all their lives.

If the demos appear even better than the video, i'm really excited.

Daryl
05-19-2005, 05:22 AM
How could anyone complain about an extra month, if most people have waited for this all their lives.

'Cos I could have kept the money in my pocket for another month. Anyway, who's to say that it will only be "another month" :(

Daryl

ToddK
05-19-2005, 05:37 AM
I think you guys hit the nail on the head... (is that the right saying?)

Anyway... as much as I dislike it, delaying the library release is probably a good thing... as has been said ad nauseam, it's better to have bug free (well, mostly) product then release it too early...

but as far as the demos are concerned, the *only* reason to delay those is if they are unhappy with sound... and if the actual creators of the library can't get a decent sound after several weeks of working on demos, I just wonder how many months of labor it will take the typical user to finish a single piece... I really hope that quicktime movie wasn't misleading...

There could be reasons other than Good Sound, for the delays.
The program has to run on many different systems.

Maybe i'm crazy, but it seems like everybody's jumping to conclusions WAY to
early.
You're already talking about being dissapointed cause it takes too long to
create believable phrases!!
Others seem to be furious over the fact there are no demos yet. Huh?

I dont mean to be disrespectful, but, that is just not cool...

Have some patience for Gods sake....geeeezzz Doug and Nick are blazing
new trails with this stuff. I cant believe you guys are complaining about
usability before release. R u kidding me?? I hope you guys arent this uptight and impatient
when you're composing. :)
Nick, Doug, and their team are just people, like you and i. They can only stand
so much pressure. Give them so room for Gods sake! Put yoursleves in
their shoes for just one second. They are fully aware of the immense expectations.
That is not an easy thing to work under.

Its like everbody's gonna die, and the world's gonna end if they dont have
a choir, Yesterday, that is easy to use, and runs on every system imaginable!!!!

Well its not the end of the world. You'll live, trust me. :)

TK

wayne_rowley
05-19-2005, 05:50 AM
Nothing much to say about the Choir - it looks awesome and I am sure that Nick and Doug will release it when it is ready and not before (which is the right thing to do).

But... I take it from some of the posts that when you pre-order a product your credit card is charged when the transaction occurs.. not when the product is shipped to you?! This seems fundamentally WRONG to me! I am not sure about US law but in the UK I am pretty sure that there is a law to prevent retailers from doing this - saying that payment can only be taken once the product is available to ship. To do so before is fraud. Arbiter (the UK distributer of EWQL products) are also doing the 30% pre-order deal on the EWQLSO Pro upgrades. Except they explicitly state that payment will only be taken on the 31st May (I assume site needs to be updated to reflect new release date).

If you pre-ordered the pro upgrades back in November last year (for example), and you paid at the time then EW have had your money for 6 months... that is 6 months of interest in their bank account - not yours!!

Perhaps I have misread - I certainly hope so (PLEASE say that I am wrong about this). If I am right - then I will be waiting for UK equivalents of pre-order deals, or just waiting until the product is released. Products can and do get delayed - it is a matter of life - but I don't see why I should 'give' $700 to any company for months on end with nothing to show for it - not even the interest.

Wayne

Daryl
05-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Nothing much to say about the Choir - it looks awesome and I am sure that Nick and Doug will release it when it is ready and not before (which is the right thing to do).

But... I take it from some of the posts that when you pre-order a product your credit card is charged when the transaction occurs.. not when the product is shipped to you?! This seems fundamentally WRONG to me! I am not sure about US law but in the UK I am pretty sure that there is a law to prevent retailers from doing this - saying that payment can only be taken once the product is available to ship. To do so before is fraud. Arbiter (the UK distributer of EWQL products) are also doing the 30% pre-order deal on the EWQLSO Pro upgrades. Except they explicitly state that payment will only be taken on the 31st May (I assume site needs to be updated to reflect new release date).

If you pre-ordered the pro upgrades back in November last year (for example), and you paid at the time then EW have had your money for 6 months... that is 6 months of interest in their bank account - not yours!!

Perhaps I have misread - I certainly hope so (PLEASE say that I am wrong about this). If I am right - then I will be waiting for UK equivalents of pre-order deals, or just waiting until the product is released. Products can and do get delayed - it is a matter of life - but I don't see why I should 'give' $700 to any company for months on end with nothing to show for it - not even the interest.

Wayne

The Choirs thing is not quite so straight forward, as mine was part of the buy one get one free bundle. There could be an argument that I have only paid for the ones that I have received. However, acording to the import document Colossus and RA have each been given a 33% discount, which would mean that the choirs is not free, just a 33% discount.

However, the same thing happened with RMX SAGE expanders, my card was charged 3 months before I recieved the last one that I ordered, and there was no batch discount there, so I'm sure that EW are not doing anything that isn't common.

I just wish that those of us who have already stumped up the readies got some sort of email to tell us about delays, although I know that Doug disagrees with me on this one.

Daryl

Pi_314
05-19-2005, 06:12 AM
Others seem to be furious over the fact there are no demos yet. Huh? No - Just a little miffed at Rogers for not saying what he means, and not meaning what he says. This is tantamount to jerking someones chain.
I dont mean to be disrespectful, but, that is just not cool... BS ... Whats not cool is to make your words mean nothing.
Put yoursleves in
their shoes for just one second. Ok I'll put myself in their shoes and I say you will hear the Demos by the end of the week, because I mean what I say. At this point who are you most likely to believe - Me wearing their shoes or them in their shoes?

Frederick
05-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Let's take into account that Symphonic Choirs is groundbreaking stuff - its not like its old technology. If they need time to get it right its better to have that than a beta version.

I was there at NAMM '05 when it was demostrated. To me it was the star of the show - we were all blown away.

It's worth the wait. :)

ToddK
05-19-2005, 06:34 AM
No - Just a little miffed at Rogers for not saying what he means, and not meaning what he says. This is tantamount to jerking someones chain.
BS ... Whats not cool is to make your words mean nothing.
Ok I'll put myself in their shoes and I say you will hear the Demos by the end of the week, because I mean what I say. At this point who are you most likely to believe - Me wearing their shoes or them in their shoes?

Oh OK, i guess i just dont know anything at all.

By all means, continue to torture yourself.

Whatever...
TK

George Bellas
05-19-2005, 09:03 AM
When will the Symphonic Choir demos be posted? :confused:

A definitive date would be great.

Thank you!

black neon bob
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Wow... you are pretty cool..

scarr
05-19-2005, 12:47 PM
How could anyone complain about an extra month, if most people have waited for this all their lives. That's one of the most melodramatic statements I've ever heard someone make in a serious discussion.

And anyone who checks a website several times each day for demos should really get a life.I could use that logic to suggest that anyone who checks the time several times each day needs to get a life. It doesn't take that much more effort to check a website.

To make an unintended branch from my own analogy: if you kept checking the clock and it wasn't changing, you'd probably be somewhat annoyed yourself.

George Bellas
05-19-2005, 07:05 PM
...I am sure that the few complaining on this board are a small minority. So I would like to speak up for the majority....anyone who checks a website several times each day for demos should really get a life.

Derogatory comments like that are very much suppositious, unwelcome and totally distasteful.

Thomas, I have a life, thank you. One that I am quite happy and busy with to boot! "Doing what?", you may ask - why making music of course! Because I am ecstatic about this upcoming library and check for the demos interminably, you feel the need to put me down. What a champ.

It is not I that needs to get a grip Thomas, it is you. Put a check on the attitude - dude. Psychiatrists can sometimes help people like you. It is quite apparent that you have an over inflated feeling of self-importance and enjoy belittling fellow colleagues. It must suck to be you.

Despite the childish nonsense from the repugnant Thomas, I am still very anxiously awaiting the demos!

black neon bob
05-19-2005, 07:36 PM
But Thomas is pretty cool... he only checks this website once, maybe twice a day... :cool:

Thomas
05-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey Georgie Boy!

Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to.

Have a good life,

Thomas :cool:

Tower
05-20-2005, 01:08 AM
I have just joined the fourm and read these messages. I sure hope nobody at Eastwest is actually taking seriously the complaints about delays in the demos. At least not seriously enough to distract them from completing the program, or rush it out before getting it right.

I am sure that the few complaining on this board are a small minority. So I would like to speak up for the majority. I already purchased Symphonic Choirs several months ago, so I obviously do not need the demos to make up my mind to purchase. The quality of Symphonic Orchestra and VOTA were good enough demos for me. The only people complaining are the ones who want a demo before buying at the discount, and it has already been guaranteed that there will be time for this, whenever the demos come out. So stop your bitching. And anyone who checks a website several times each day for demos should really get a life.

So keep working, Eastwest, and just let me know when you get it right. I will be here. How many of us have bought software, only to have version 1.1 released a week or two later, with updates and patches required to download, etc? I am happy to get it a little later but without the bugs.

Stay cool :cool:

Cant wait to get my hands on QLSC ...
but have to also notice that this place is turning very quickly in to a twin of GPO forum..

aLex

lovelysilence
05-20-2005, 03:52 AM
But... I take it from some of the posts that when you pre-order a product your credit card is charged when the transaction occurs.. not when the product is shipped to you?! This seems fundamentally WRONG to me!
The Choirs thing is not quite so straight forward, as mine was part of the buy one get one free bundle. There could be an argument that I have only paid for the ones that I have received. However, acording to the import document Colossus and RA have each been given a 33% discount, which would mean that the choirs is not free, just a 33% discount.

Wayne, excellent point.

Daryl, your credit card should only have been charged with the products sent to you.

lovelysilence
05-20-2005, 04:03 AM
That's one of the most melodramatic statements I've ever heard someone make in a serious discussion.

Only to express no-one should have had any expectations whatsoever for this product, if EAST WEST hadn't made it in the first place. :) Gratitude makes life easier for me.

By the way, i cannot see in what way i would have interfered in the seriousness of this discussion. It's crystal clear to me :

A. Those demos will come before the release, so you will be able to listen and get your 30% discount.
B. Asking people to pay for products of which they keep pushing the release date, seems as Wayne writes 'fundamentally wrong' and that policy needs to be changed in my opinion .

Pi_314
05-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Cant wait to get my hands on QLSC ...
but have to also notice that this place is turning very quickly in to a twin of GPO forum..

aLex

There is no Mary Poppins World out there anywhere in the universe that I know of ..... Get real. So you want a site that says EASTWEST SOUNDSONLINE Where Nothing Is Real? Thats like a rake without a handle, a stump thats not a tree. I think I'd have to gag if such a place existed. You'd have to take a gun to your head just to break up the monotonous repitition.

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 06:40 AM
Wayne, excellent point.

Daryl, your credit card should only have been charged with the products sent to you.

The terms of the offer are disclosed before you buy; it's then up to you whether you participate or not. Last time I checked my bank was paying less than 1% interest - those that pre-ordered are getting a 30% discount (which, btw, ends upon the products release).

The product is at the pressing plant, hang in there!

- Doug

black neon bob
05-20-2005, 07:12 AM
There is no Mary Poppins World out there anywhere in the universe that I know of ..... Get real. So you want a site that says EASTWEST SOUNDSONLINE Where Nothing Is Real? Thats like a rake without a handle, a stump thats not a tree. I think I'd have to gag if such a place existed. You'd have to take a gun to your head just to break up the monotonous repitition.

:eek:

anyway, i am look forward to the choirs as well, and have noticed a bit of negativity the last couple of days as well...

Please, as i see it, we are guests here, so we should behave normal, and this forum should not turn in to some lame flame fest, there is enough of that on the internet already... thanks.

i have one question about the choirs Doug or Nick or anyone who knows, will these demos be entirely voices only, or will they be backed up by other east west instruments?

Doug Rogers
05-20-2005, 08:01 AM
i have one question about the choirs Doug or Nick or anyone who knows, will these demos be entirely voices only, or will they be backed up by other east west instruments?

There's a mixture of both.

- Doug

lovelysilence
05-20-2005, 08:09 AM
The terms of the offer are disclosed before you buy; it's then up to you whether you participate or not.....
The product is at the pressing plant, hang in there!

- Doug

Well i was just thinking, I've seen that the rescheduling of the release date usually happens more than a (two) week(s) before the set date. So anyone who doesn't want to spill his savings interests (that 2 $), could wait till just before the release to profit from the discount.

George Bellas
05-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Please, as i see it, we are guests here, so we should behave normal, and this forum should not turn in to some lame flame fest, there is enough of that on the internet already... thanks.

AMEN!

:)

Nicely said B.N.B.

Scott Rogers
05-20-2005, 01:47 PM
I am sure that the few complaining on this board are a small minority. So I would like to speak up for the majority...
I'm curious as to how you were able to determine the majority/minority breakdown on this matter?

Nick Phoenix
05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I don't blame anyone for complaining. We really didn't expect such a delay. Unfortunately the software delays also delayed the demos, but it looks like come hell or high water, many demos will be posted on Monday, with the product release shortly thereafter. We mean it this time!!!!!!!!!

George Bellas
05-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't blame anyone for complaining. We really didn't expect such a delay. Unfortunately the software delays also delayed the demos, but it looks like come hell or high water, many demos will be posted on Monday, with the product release shortly thereafter. We mean it this time!!!!!!!!!

Ho ho ho!!! YES!

I will have several changes of underwear ready for Monday! :D

Thanks Nick and Doug!

James W.G. Smith
05-20-2005, 03:07 PM
THANK GOD! I pre-ordered this a while back and I was beginning to give up hope. I really need this for some projects I am going to be working on. Thanks guys, and I look forward to hearing the demos.

James W.G. Smith

black neon bob
05-20-2005, 03:10 PM
allright!

monday it is then.. good to hear! :D

GORILLA
05-20-2005, 04:26 PM
cool Monday!!
It's been so long....I forgot when I pre-ordered :D :D :D :eek:

Seriously though, cool!

aryeh
05-22-2005, 09:43 AM
The calm before the storm...

Looking forward to hearing some demos tomorrow.

Regards,

Aryeh

Sean R. Beeson
05-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Wait for it....

Wait for it....

:)

Sean

Monday os gonna be great!

Frederick
05-22-2005, 09:58 AM
....waiting la la la - or is that fa la la? lol

Drew Buchan
05-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Is it true that the word builder can make the Choir sing absolutely any English phrase one can care to think of ... as long it a combination of the words "the .. eye .. watch ... out ... for" ?

Doug Rogers
05-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Is it true that the word builder can make the Choir sing absolutely any English phrase one can care to think of ... as long it a combination of the words "the .. eye .. watch ... out ... for" ?

And in any language!!

- Doug

josejherring
05-22-2005, 11:23 AM
I can hardly stand it. I'll be up as early as possible checking and waiting.

So cool.

Jose

George Bellas
05-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Man, I am so psyched! :eek: This is crazy. I'm gonna bust! :eek:

Get those servers in shape tonight! Because they sure are going to be busy tomorrow!

black neon bob
05-22-2005, 02:12 PM

I dont get it.. sorry, but you can make them sing anything but the sentence needs these words ( "the .. eye .. watch ... out ... for") in them to make it work?

I know i am probably wrong, but am i close?

chocothrax
05-22-2005, 02:26 PM
No you are not close.

black neon bob
05-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Care to explain it then?

i don't see the connection between making them sing whatever you want them to sing, and the use of the words "the .. eye .. watch ... out ... for"...

Thanks in advance!

loogoo
05-22-2005, 02:53 PM
I think this is a joke having to do with the examples presented in the NAMM video; the closest thing we've had to a demo so far.

Stefan Podell
05-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Actually, I think every phrase has to have the name "Saruman" in it, too....

Pi_314
05-22-2005, 06:59 PM
What ever you do tomorrow, just make sure you don't stare at the eye while Saruman is watching. You could turn to stone. :eek:

synergy543
05-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Saruman is watching......

4 Hours and 15 minutes until tomorrow!

black neon bob
05-22-2005, 07:48 PM
It's monday here already (europe)

OMG, WHERE ARE THE DEMOS?!?!?

just kidding :D

can't wait to hear them demos tomorrow...

synergy543
05-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Well, technically we have about 27 hours for Saruman to speak....

before Hell or Highwater Strikes!

Oh Great Saruman....

We promise not to looketh thee in the eye....but can't thou show thyself and sound thy voice before the 11th hour?

http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/saruman/pictures/saruman16.jpg

Pi_314
05-22-2005, 09:51 PM
We'll be hearing it tomorrow because Maximoose is prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraying for it. ;)

Stefan Podell
05-22-2005, 09:55 PM
By morning, I think this will be Nick's favorite thread of all time :p

synergy543
05-22-2005, 10:46 PM
By morning, I think this will be Nick's favorite thread of all time :p
Naw....this one will be...

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34829

Evan
05-22-2005, 11:09 PM
which thread is that? I cant go to NS.

josejherring
05-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Naw....this one will be...

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34829

Be polite to those who have been ban. What thread does this reference?

Also,

Nick and Doug, It's Monday in LA. 12:02am to be precise. Ah, demos?:D

Jose

synergy543
05-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Evan my boy....

The mightnight hour hath struck. Beware!

Do NOT look at the Eye.

http://div.dyndns.org/art/scary.jpg

banquo
05-23-2005, 06:39 AM
god i cant wait.

RickD
05-23-2005, 07:18 AM
which thread is that? I cant go to NS.

Your not missing anything Evan, it's just a picture of that ugly saranam, with three lighthearted replies.

Rick

aaaaaakash
05-23-2005, 08:30 AM
anticipation grows...

banquo
05-23-2005, 09:16 AM
its nearly 17:30 where I am, where the hell are they?!!!

Stefan Podell
05-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Where you are, the demos are coming a week from Wednesday :p

banquo
05-23-2005, 09:23 AM
this is terrible, I have an exam tomorrow and i can't stop refreshing the page.

Waywyn
05-23-2005, 09:28 AM
its nearly 17:30 where I am, where the hell are they?!!!

hehe, please keep in mind that EW is NOT in europe :) LA is 9 hours behind, so even now it's 9:30 a.m. over there :)

banquo
05-23-2005, 09:34 AM
hehe, please keep in mind that EW is NOT in europe :) LA is 9 hours behind, so even now it's 9:30 a.m. over there :)

LOL yeah I know from staying up all night to follow the presidential elections. Might as well not check until 11 or 12 tonight.

pffft. baby. :D

legofred
05-23-2005, 09:48 AM
I have a strong feeling that we Europeans will have to wait until Tuesday...

banquo
05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
I downright refuse to wait that long.

/pulls time-space continuim lever

George Bellas
05-23-2005, 11:37 AM
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." - Einstein

Inspiring, but I sure couldn't admit to that right about now! :eek:

This library is going to be awesome!

banquo
05-23-2005, 11:43 AM
this sucks. you lucky americans, you'll be up and around when they're released! It's nearly 8pm in my country [ireland], I'll be in bed!!

aaaaaakash
05-23-2005, 12:17 PM
anticipation grows stronger...

Sigurd
05-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Waow, demos are here !
But... why WAV ? :confused: I have to wait again because of the download :eek: IIGGN ! ;)

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Yup.. here they are now!!

I am downloading as we speak, and it's slow since everybody will be downloading this i guess :D

Oh well, be up all night to judge them, some coffee and i am good to go!

thanks for the demos, guys!

(5% of the first demo now...)

aaaaaakash
05-23-2005, 12:29 PM
haha i spoke to soon!...downloading now...so slow...traffic jam im guessing...esp.w/ these large files.

but im sure there is no accident up ahead! :p

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 12:38 PM
please stop downloading! :D

Yeah, WAV files are huge, but if you want to hear the quality, better stick with a WAV file then.. the most honest conversion of sound i guess..

Anyway, 25% now :D

legofred
05-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Finally!!! 12 demos. Too bad it takes forever to download. Hope the server won't crash.

aaaaaakash
05-23-2005, 12:46 PM
haha, yes, I am excited they are wavs actually...

anyways, 34% of dragon war and 57% of dante's dream

legofred
05-23-2005, 12:55 PM
anyways, 34% of dragon war and 57% of dante's dream
Haha. Now I know why those two files are slow. How much will I have to pay you for canceling your downloads? :D

Clockworker
05-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Damn! i'm impatient! lol

44% for the witch and 50% for Ulysses!

... and the connection get slower :D

Liam
05-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Wow! That server is SLAMMED right now! I have a cable modem and its only getting 5.5KB per sec. I hope the server doesnt crash. :eek:

Sigurd
05-23-2005, 01:03 PM
I downloaded two files before the rush on the server ;D Damn', this seems pretty good, especially during epics moments ! :)

Ranietz
05-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Hehe. I'm getting flashbacks to the bad old dial-up-modem days. Wich was only a week ago actually. :D

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
It helps a lot if you download them instead of playing them in the browser.

Also, try downloading them in order. We created a playlist that demonstrates the different styles.

MP3 files will be up in a couple of hours, provided the site doesn't go down first!

- Doug

David John
05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
First one almost done :) Must... not.. watch.. progress.. bars..

Clockworker
05-23-2005, 01:10 PM
MP3 files will be up in a couple of hours, provided the site doesn't go down first!

- Doug

hhh!!! :o :D

Ranietz
05-23-2005, 01:12 PM
This is just to slow for downloading wav files. I'll guess I'll go to bed and listen to the mp3s tomorrow instead (I'll probably have a hard time trying to fall asleep :) ). Hopefully the rush will be somewhat over then...

Liam
05-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Congrats to Neil Factory! Looks like he did the choir demo for "Hymn" Looking forward to hearing it! Good job keeping it a secret Neil....none of us even knew you were doing it! :)

Liam

wayne_rowley
05-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Looks like the server has gone down - every product I click on at the Sounds online website results in a page error...

Ya need more power...!! ;)

Wayne

leogardini
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Why not mp3 vesion :confused: ???

David John
05-23-2005, 01:22 PM

- Doug

Doug mentioned they'd be up soon :)

aaaaaakash
05-23-2005, 01:22 PM
omg, this is crazy haha....

i finished Dante's Dream. Pure vocals nothing else! what a sweet sound.

bravo to nick and doug for a groundbreaking product.

aakash

***72% of dragon's war still left....then I will download the rest in order as doug suggested. (assuming the servers are still running) :D

Liam
05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Why not mp3 vesion :confused: ???

I think they want to make sure the first impression is of the best quality. (24bit wav) I agree with doing that. Too much work went into this to only put out compressed mp3s.

Liam

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 01:27 PM
I think it just did.. i could not get on for a while...

Anyway, 58% now... 50 minutes to go for my first listen... :eek:

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Hold off until we fix it. We're removing the .wav files until we get the MP3 files up. Then you will quickly be able to preview the demos and download the .wav files later when there is less traffic.

- Doug

AndyFinkenstadt
...provided the site doesn't go down first!

- Doug

Too late. :eek: I'm getting "500 internal server errors" for anything touching the ewdb database connection.

I can directly access the wav files, though. At 11-14k bytes/second.

andy

black neon bob
I get an internal error when i try to visit the demos now.. lol.

Guess it's really crowded now...

Drew Buchan
05-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Just listened to Dante's Dream ...

sounds very good .. can understand what the mail chair is saying, but not the female choir ... maybe they're singing in latin ??

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 01:34 PM
:confused: And now my downloads got deleted and cancelled! dammit... i still have nothing now

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Please my message above - you will not be able to download anything at the moment.

- Doug

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Just listened to Dante's Dream ...

sounds very good .. can understand what the mail chair is saying, but not the female choir ... maybe they're singing in latin ??

Dante's Dream

The sun is red
The trees like blood
The earth all dust
The way is lost
My soul will breathe it's dying breath
Upon the face of turtle doves

And in the midst of Dante's dream
There comes a time of hope and peace
Hope and Peace

Probably the best example of WordBuilder at work is "Glory to the Knight".

Drew Buchan
05-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Just listened to ave verum .... sounds beautiful with the orchestra.

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Missed that Doug...

No problem...

aaaaaakash
05-23-2005, 01:39 PM
they're gone! :eek: haha, jk...

i completed Dante's Dream and 1:54 of Dragon War before everything went under. amazing stuff...

forget food and shelter, all money is goin towards this now!

hehe

Drew Buchan
05-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Dante's Dream

The sun is red
The trees like blood
The earth all dust
The way is lost
My soul will breathe it's dying breath
Upon the face of turtle doves

And in the midst of Dante's dream
There comes a time of hope and peace
Hope and Peace

Probably the best example of WordBuilder at work is "Glory to the Knight".

Okay just listened to it with the words ... and that is remarkable.

loogoo
05-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Where did the demos go? I click on the box and all that's there is the NAMM video!

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 01:43 PM
They will be back soon... with a MP3 conversion of the demos as well.. read a bit up for more info from Doug

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 01:45 PM
It will be quicker to upload the MP3 demos if you stop hitting the page. I will announce when they are there.

- Doug

Liam
05-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Well I have about 45 secs each of 8 of the demos, and from that quick preview I am really blown away! Unfortunately at 45secs some of them are just getting started, so it was kind a tease! :D

Liam

Beach
05-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Hello folks,
but where are the demo I can't find them?????? :eek: :eek:

Liam
05-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Hello folks,
but where are the demo I can't find them?????? :eek: :eek:

They are temporarily down right now, but they are working on getting the MP3 versions up.

Liam

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 01:51 PM
*Rocks forward and back in a corner mumbling*

legofred
05-23-2005, 01:57 PM
I did manage to download half of the Dante's Dream before the download was interupted.
Sounds incredibly realistic!

Congratulations to everyone involved with the production of this library!!!

RickD
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
I did manage to download half of the Dante's Dream before the download was interupted.
Sounds incredibly realistic!

Congratulations to everyone involved with the production of this library!!!

Where are the downloads!!??

Clockworker
05-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Offline, for the moment.

banquo
05-23-2005, 02:13 PM
goddammint, and i just got back too.

George Bellas
05-23-2005, 02:13 PM
The first four pieces that I've been able to hear sound great! I especially liked the clarity and pronunciation on "Glory To the Knight".

Congratulations to the whole team involved (Doug, Nick, Composers, Beta Team, etc.) and thank you for bringing such a powerful creative tool to our already brimming pallete of sounds. I look forward to the inspiration it will unlock! :D

sonicdonek
05-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Fantastic demos. Well done - A great achievment.

Loved Dantes dream which shows just how good the choirs are without any other orchestration. And generally the demos rock.

If I had one comment on the demos in general it is that the choirs tend to be a bit buried in the mix.
So it's harder to hear this some of the more subtle stuff.

But this is what I have been waiting for for years so looks like I am going to have to talk to my plastic nicely.

Well done you demogods.

SonicDonek

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 02:47 PM
OK - we're back up with both MP3 and .wav files.

My suggestion so we don't destroy the server - if the download speed is at crawl level, please wait a while and try again.

It would also help to use the MP3 files for preview purposes, and it you want an appreciation of the sound quality download the .wav of the demos you are interested in (but please leave that until later when there is less traffic).

Hope you enjoy them!

- Doug

Beach
05-23-2005, 03:02 PM
This is simply wonderful,
thank you very much for this outstanding "gift" you make us.
I can't see the time to get my EWQLSC!!!!
Happy to have bought this beautiful library,
Sincerely,
Roberto :)

jc5
05-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Can anyone here lend me.. oh ... say about $700? ;)

AndyFinkenstadt
05-23-2005, 03:22 PM
One wonders if providing a web service to convert english words to song is useful. :)

dcoscina
05-23-2005, 03:22 PM
This library sounds really quite amazing. Were the orchestral parts all the initial releases of EWQLSO or did some Pro upgrade instruments sneak in there, especially on Nick's demos?

The sound quality and variety exceeded my expectations. Too bad I don't have a computer that can run this library. Bummer. :mad:

aryeh
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Congrads on getting the demos posted; however, I'm having a problem with the demos. Yes, on the surface they are dazzling. But I find the music way overpowering and am having trouble hearing the voices. And isn't this what the demos are for? Also, most of the work seems to not be sung in English. Other than the whisper at the beginning of the one of the pieces, I really don't understand what the choir is singing. This is crucial for a composer whose goal it is to actually release this choir on a recording.

I remember the demos were also supposed to feature solo vocals. Is this still going to be the case?

Could you possibly post the MP3's without the orchestra so that one can actually hear the details?

Will check in later. Thanks,

Aryeh

PS I really would have loved to have hear a few well know works (e.g. "America" from West Side Story...)

loogoo
05-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Hmmm... this doesn't quite do it for me. Would it be possible to post some a capella samples where they are singing in an identifiable language? Couldn't even recognize the Ave Verum (and I know those words!) - what language was that? It certainly wasn't latin.

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Congrads on getting the demos posted; however, I'm having a problem with the demos. Yes, on the surface they are dazzling. But I find the music way overpowering and am having trouble hearing the voices. And isn't this what the demos are for? Also, most of the work seems to not be sung in English. Other than the whisper at the beginning of the one of the pieces, I really don't understand what the choir is singing. This is crucial for a composer whose goal it is to actually release this choir on a recording.

I remember the demos were also supposed to feature solo vocals. Is this still going to be the case?

Could you possibly post the MP3's without the orchestra so that one can actually hear the details?

Will check in later. Thanks,

Aryeh

PS I really would have loved to have hear a few well know works (e.g. "America" from West Side Story...)

In the bigger productions, the choir is usually mixed back and the vocals are usually in latin.

There are also some demos with no backing at all (Dante's Dream - the lyrics are printed further up this thread) or very little backing (Ave Verum).

Glory to the Knight is a good example of the WordBuilder English capabilities (consider, none of this is actually sung by anyone - but created with a computer, our software, and sounds!).

There will be many more demos, this is just the start.

Once the product is released we will have "WordBuilder Central" here in our forum, where users will be able to build up a database of WordBuilder words and phrases. The idea is to have users upload and download WB templates to save them time.

This is going to be a lot of fun!

- Doug

benecs
05-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi!

As a new user I'd first like to greet everyone.
I listened to some of the demos. Glory of a knight and dante sound both great. But the first demo I listened to was Ave Verum and I was very disappointed. My first impression was, that this can't be true. I expected much more. Luckily I listened to the two other demos. They sound really good, great work. But because I love classical music, the first song I downloaded was Mozart, and that really doesn't sound nice. I would take it from the demos away, work a little on it and put it back, because I don't think it represents how realistic the library is.

Well, seems that you made great work, congrats! But in your case I really would think of working a little more on Mozart and then put it back! Just an opinion...
And some more classical mockups would be great to hear!

GREAT LIBRARY!

leogardini
05-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Doug , can we have more especification of witch mic position was used in each demo???Im listening to them now and so far Ive found them too dry (both orchestra and choir) for QL libraries!!!

AndyFinkenstadt
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Zombiefrog and I just listened to each of the demonstrations. (He's the music/sound guy here.) We enjoyed them each of them, although we both expressed frustration that we wanted to hear more choir & less other things.

That said...

THE SECRET ( http://www.soundsonline.com/cd_mp3_demos/217212.mp3 ) was by far the most exciting of the ones that we listened to.

When it arrives at my house shortly after May 31st, I plan on arranging some just choir, or choir + percussion samples. I'll probably start with something familiar, like WERE YOU THERE, or a simple ALLELUIA phrase. And work my way into really hard english phrases like AMAZING GRACE. ...

black neon bob
05-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Allright...

Listened to the first MP3 demo first, and that was decent, but it did not blow me away like i expected it (gave this library too much hype as well ;) )

Some demos did indeed sound a bit dry, where i believe some reverb might help quite a bit to make it sound more real.

Then i went onward with the rest of them...

"dante's dream" and "the secret" and "libera me", "hymn" and they are really amazing guys!!

those did blow me away, and they sound very full... truelly amazing!

I know my pre-order will stand as it is, this is convincing enough.

Again thanks for the demos, they sound like a lot of work has been put in to them.

Bernard Asselin
05-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Doug , can we have more especification of witch mic position was used in each demo???Im listening to them now and so far Ive found them too dry (both orchestra and choir) for QL libraries!!!

Hi Leo!

In the demo "kira" it was the full and the surround mic. In the " Le Pouvoir Du Soleil" only the full mic. I hope you like!?

Bernard

synergy543
05-23-2005, 05:06 PM
The Ressurection_Spell_(G.J.).wav file seems to be missing.

eugor
05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I agree that the Mozart is the weakest one. Having said that I was disappointed by all the boys choirs parts so it seems to me like this is not merely a question of putting more work into the demo, maybe some issues at the sampling stage with that particular ensemble?

The rest was of very high quality indeed, Libera Me being the pinnacle of excellence. More by Mr Schmidt would be great... I think he is the only one that can convince me that the boys choirs are worth as much as the rest.

Doug Rogers
05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
The Ressurection_Spell_(G.J.).wav file seems to be missing.

Should work now.

- Doug

leogardini
05-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi Leo!

In the demo "kira" it was the full and the surround mic. In the " Le Pouvoir Du Soleil" only the full mic. I hope you like!?

Bernard
Hi Bernard...long time I dont see you on forums ;) ...

...thanks for your information , I liked your compositions , the best of all is "Le Pouvoir Du Soleil" in my opinion...
...but were you allowed to put reverb on the demos???And what about the envelopes???Did you try to change the attacks???

folmann
05-23-2005, 05:59 PM
THE SECRET ( http://www.soundsonline.com/cd_mp3_demos/217212.mp3 ) was by far the most exciting of the ones that we listened to. ...

Thx man! I am very glad you like it! I think all the demos are great in each of their aspects and representing the overall "feel" of the library.

dcoscina
05-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Thx man! I am very glad you like it! I think all the demos are great in each of their aspects and representing the overall "feel" of the library.

Yes, your demo is quite good as are the others. I think this is a great library. :)

Bernard Asselin
05-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi Bernard...long time I dont see you on forums ;) ...

...thanks for your information , I liked your compositions , the best of all is "Le Pouvoir Du Soleil" in my opinion...
...but were you allowed to put reverb on the demos???And what about the envelopes???Did you try to change the attacks???

Thanks Leo!

Using a specific "MULTI" program called "WB DYN MOD" we get great dynamic control on the samples: Accent on velocity layer and xfade expession on modweel. The WordBuilder add an other way of humanization. As you already know, we have a timing control of each vowel and consonant in the WB editor. That's not all. Each them can be edited on the level, attack dynamic (like staccato, legato, slur,etc) and xfade.

Congrats to all composers, programmers and beta testers who have made a great and professional work.

Bernard

AndyFinkenstadt
05-23-2005, 06:54 PM

Lest others feel left out... I've since downloaded all of the demo files at home where I have a better audio setup ... and am enjoying them all. I really can't wait until next week *bounces* when my copy arrives.

I wonder what order the pre-orders will be shipped. I'm surely one of the first. ;)

folmann
05-23-2005, 07:20 PM
You will not regret it. I honestly believe this is one of the best sample libraries made till date. It is a gem that many of us will use and refine for many years to come.

Nayi
05-23-2005, 08:12 PM
I too I'm amazed about how far music technology has come. Congratulations EWQL is this new groundbreaking tool.

neoTypic
05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Aaarrgh! I'm at work for the next 9 hours. I can't wait to get home and give these a listen.

I have a feeling my credit card is going to be screaming for mercy. :p

wardran
05-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Hi!
I was just wondering if Nick or Doug could put up all of the song texts? :)
It helps alot to read the lines while listening to the demos.

Regards,
wardran

Waywyn
05-23-2005, 10:42 PM

hi leo,
in my demo "march of the cursed" i used all mics for the solo boy (less C and F, but more S) and for the whole choir incl the cluster patches at the end i used far and surround mics.

MarcD
05-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Hmm, I think Dragon War is the best. The Secret is nice as well.

I have to agree that the Boys seem to be the weakest part. Personally, the Males have the best sound for me (esp in Dante's Dream, although I really could not understand those english lyrics - but you seldomly understand a full choir).

...and there's always this "sucking" sound between note changes.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely going to buy it because it's by far the best choir library at the moment. Great work, Nick and Doug.

Markus S
05-24-2005, 12:57 AM
The rest was of very high quality indeed, Libera Me being the pinnacle of excellence. More by Mr Schmidt would be great... I think he is the only one that can convince me that the boys choirs are worth as much as the rest.

Thank you very much, eugor! I am sure beautiful things can be done with the boys choir (or were done? Didn't have the time to listen yet). They have some kind of sad, soft and melancholic touch to them. Not sure yet if I will be able to do a demonstration some time soon, tho.

Congrats to everybody involved! :)

Markus.

Markus S
05-24-2005, 01:31 AM

Hi,

In Libera me, I have used the stage sounds mixed with far sounds. All voices are doubled that way (with slightly different phrasing). Both mic settings have approx the same volume. This way you give the impression of a much larger choir (like VOTA i ex). The stage sounds have a more "chamber like" feeling to them -- you get more detail and more human expression, but it sounds not so "huge".

Markus.

Tower
05-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Great to have so many demos!:)

There is one thing that I could never do with VOTA, and thats a wordless choir singing just AH or OH, in a fairly slow piece with smoooooth legato..

I was hoping QLSC will be able to do this with rolling wowels, but this specific thing is not in the demos so far.

So I was wondering if someone can elaborate on this..

The track "Anakin's Betrayal" from EPIII is perfect example of what I would like to achieve.

here is the clip

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000850IS6001004/0/103-6233800-5637454

Thanks,

Tow

theiss2003
05-24-2005, 04:27 AM
Hi,
unable to connect to the ewqlsc product page, saying "internal error"...

Seb

ChrisE
05-24-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm unable to connect either, but listened to the demo from a link that was posted on this thread and it sounded awesome :D

Can't wait to hear the other demos,

ChrisE

Drew Buchan
05-24-2005, 05:26 AM
Having listened to the demos a few times, I think they sound amazingly realistic ... even though without the words written down, it is quite difficult to understand the phrases that are being sung most of the time. But generally I find this true of most of the classical choral works I have listened to anyway ... be it because they are sung in German or Latin, or because I am unfamiliar with words .... I guess lots of people singing together on this scale will inevitably loose some of its enunciation.

Still it is frighteningly realistic ... IMHO its sounds like a choir singing real words and phrases.

Most of demos seem to have music and a singing style I would describe dark and "apocolyptic" though ... is the library able to do gentle, light & heavenly ? or joyful and jolly ?

[have ordered it never-the-less]

wayne_rowley
05-24-2005, 05:34 AM
Most of demos seem to have music and a singing style I would describe dark and "apocolyptic" though ... is the library able to do gentle, light & heavenly ? or joyful and jolly ?

Was thinking the same thing! How about something gentle with solo voices (something like the A.I. theme maybe).

Wayne

handz
05-24-2005, 05:59 AM
I really love Bernards "Kira", simply great music and choir sounds beautiful here.

leogardini
05-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Alex and Marcus , thanks for your information!!!

Beach
05-24-2005, 06:33 AM
Hello,
I am still very excited after the demo posting!
I was wondering if there's something like an INSTRUMENTS AND ARTICULATIONS LIST also for
EWQLSC as you did for EWQLSO.
Thank you very much,
Roberto

benecs
05-24-2005, 06:56 AM
It really would be great to hear a Bach fugue. Something from the Mass in B-minor or from the passions or oratorios. That would be awesome.

dpasdernick
05-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Nick, Doug, Keith and all the rest at EWQL,

Outstanding!!! You have once again raised the bar for sample libraries. I can't think of another company that comes close to EWQL for variety, quality and ease of use.

Well done indeed,

Darren

Daryl
05-24-2005, 07:29 AM
I do hear some good things on the demos but I would like to hear something simpler so that the choir gets a chance to shine. I also find a lot of the phrasing a bit wooden, so I'm hoping that with careful programming this can improve.

Incidentally I don't think that the orchestral programming is as good as some of the other EW purely orchestral demos. Maybe this was caused by a lack of time, but when all the initial frenzy is over it might be worth re-doing some of them as they are obviously good "material".

Daryl

Paulie
05-24-2005, 07:33 AM
I've just finished listening to the demos. Fantastic!!!

The demos were really worth waiting for.

Well done Nick, Doug and all the demo composers.

George Bellas
05-24-2005, 07:42 AM
After listening to all the killer demos yesterday and this morning, and then picking my jaw up off the floor :eek:, I placed my order.

BRAVO to ALL the composers! Sounds really great folks! Inspiring to say the least.

It's going to seem like forever waiting for next Wednesday's FEDEX arrival! :D

LHall
05-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Hmmm... this doesn't quite do it for me. Would it be possible to post some a capella samples where they are singing in an identifiable language? Couldn't even recognize the Ave Verum (and I know those words!) - what language was that? It certainly wasn't latin.

The Ave Verum was the English translation, so if you were listening for Latin you would have been very confused. I'm working on a revision to make it more understandable, although anyone who has listened to real classical choir will know that it is often difficult to understand the text. My main goal is going to be to make it sound authentic and convincing whether or not you can actually understand the words.

Of course, the important thing is... does it have a good beat you can dance to?

jamriding
05-24-2005, 08:04 AM
The Ave Verum was the English translation, so if you were listening for Latin you would have been very confused. I'm working on a revision to make it more understandable, although anyone who has listened to real classical choir will know that it is often difficult to understand the text. My main goal is going to be to make it sound authentic and convincing whether or not you can actually understand the words.

Of course, the important thing is... does it have a good beat you can dance to?

I trust that you were meaning to be ironic???

benecs
05-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi LHall!

What I didn't like in the demo was not the word building. That's secondary. What I miss is realistic legato. Choir and orchestra don't mix together well. Of course the word building could be better too, but that really isn't the main problem. I listen to many classical choir recordings, I like them very much, and know, how a choir should sound. I really don't want to attack you, please don't missunderstand me, and I respect, that you made a demo, but I'm sure, you could work on it and do it better. It really sounds a bit synthetic.

And its also great that You made a classical demo! There should be more!

Doug Rogers
05-24-2005, 08:18 AM
I think it's a real credit to the demo composers that they were able to put together 13 demos in a little over two weeks while we were still beta testing SC and WordBuilder and making changes almost every day.

Before we started this, we listened to a lot of choral recordings, and quite honestly, apart from a few words here and there, you can't understand a word most choirs are singing, and many are in latin - it's more of a tonal blend of voices or chants than anything else. However, you can now create the intelligible words, instead of what we used to have to work with. Prior choir libraries offered you "ooooo", "aaaaa". "eeeee" and not much else, so we're making good progress.

As expected, the first round of demos that came in reflected our experience with choral recordings. However, we also knew we had to include a demo that showed what the new WordBuilder was capable of, so we asked for one. The result is Anton's "Glory to the Knight" which has very clear English (not bad for an Italian!). Incidently, both Anton's parents are opera singers and they thought what he did was simply "amazing"!

Once SC is released next week there will be tracks of almost any type you can think of created. The 3 mic positions provide a wide range of sounds to choose from. However, SC is more like an instrument you learn (especially WB) than a sample library. The more skilled you get with it, the better the results.

We also intend to set up "WordBuilder Central" here after release, where users can upload and download WordBuilder words and phrases - thereby creating a database to save all users time.

So, a very special thanks to our talented demo composers who worked so hard to get these demos done before the products release. This product, more than any other product we have ever created, is going to be the most interesting, and we think the most fun!

- Doug

DallasComposer
05-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Wow! SC demos with BT and Nick together!! Impressive. Great sounding tool again from you guys, I may have to break open that bank again. All the composers for the demo's are excellent, great work!, you too BT :)

LHall
05-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi LHall!

What I didn't like in the demo was not the word building. That's secondary. What I miss is realistic legato. Choir and orchestra don't mix together well. Of course the word building could be better too, but that really isn't the main problem. I listen to many classical choir recordings, I like them very much, and know, how a choir should sound. I really don't want to attack you, please don't missunderstand me, and I respect, that you made a demo, but I'm sure, you could work on it and do it better. It really sounds a bit synthetic.

And its also great that You made a classical demo! There should be more!

No offense taken at all. I've worked on it some more and I think it's much closer. It's funny how when you work on something for awhile, it's easy to kind of lose perspective until you can get away from it for a bit and then listen with fresh ears and even through someone else's eyes. It's a great piece and I do want to do it justice.

exstreme
05-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Wow! SC demos with BT and Nick together!! Impressive. Great sounding tool again from you guys, I may have to break open that bank again. All the composers for the demo's are excellent, great work!, you too BT :)

Who is BT!!? :rolleyes: :)

exstreme

Stefan Podell
05-24-2005, 09:19 AM
When is the first mock-up of "Carmina Burana" coming? :D

DallasComposer
05-24-2005, 09:40 AM
--------------------
from exstreme

Who is BT!!?

exstreme
--------------------

I'll take that as a joke ;)

but just in case ... he's Brian Transeau

http://www.btmusic.com/

exstreme
05-24-2005, 10:05 AM
--------------------
from exstreme

Who is BT!!?

exstreme
--------------------

that was not a joke :) ,but i know now who he is :D,thanks for the information :o

ComposerNYC
05-24-2005, 10:39 AM
My God, those demos are amazing. Seriously. Amazing.

fvicente
05-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Congrats to Doug, Nick and all of the demo creators! These demos sound awesome, especially considering the circumstances that you described Doug.

I'm really looking forward to receiving my copy once you guys begin shipping.

fvicente

Liam
05-24-2005, 10:54 AM
--------------------
from exstreme

Who is BT!!?

exstreme
--------------------

I know who BT is, but I have a feeling in this case it means "Beta Team"

Liam

GORILLA
05-24-2005, 10:57 AM
.................WoW :D

josejherring
05-24-2005, 11:45 AM
The demos are amazing, but I'm wondering why everybody is saying it's hard to hear the text in classical recordings.

Listen to Mozart's requim for instance. "La-LaCremosa, Ben-Benudictus." Pretty clear to me.

To increase the distinction I think a choir conductor should be consulted or maybe we'll all need to start singing in one. But, it seems to me that putting more space between the syllables would increase the distinction of the words.

edit: I also think that the demos themeselves though very, very good are too orchestral in nature. Not necessarily written with choir as the central factor so the orchestra detracts too much from the choir. I'd like to hear a few demos in the future with the orchestral parts written around the choir. The brass playing softer to accomodate the singers and the strings and ww playing in the registers out of the way of the voices.

I think that would help a lot too.

Just a thought.

Jose

jamriding
05-24-2005, 12:08 PM
The demos are amazing, but I'm wondering why everybody is saying it's hard to hear the text in classical recordings.

Listen to Mozart's requim for instance. "La-LaCremosa, Ben-Benudictus." Pretty clear to me.

Jose

Sorry if I appear stupid but where did you download the Mozart Requiem from? I can't find it in the Soundsonline website at all.

lgrohn
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
I would like to listen to a demo consisting clear consonants.
In the existing demos female voices are very weak with consonants.
Could it be possible to have a demo without instruments, having
a single pitch just READING some text? LG

josejherring
05-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Sorry if I appear stupid but where did you download the Mozart Requiem from? I can't find it in the Soundsonline website at all.

I'm using it as an example of a classical piece and how in that piece the words are crystal as with most of the Requiem. It's all about how you write the orchestral parts. I think composers have gotten so use to choirs that only sing oohhs and aaahhs that we've forgetten that the orchestration has to be minimal in choir writing in order for the content to be made clear.

The Requim is not on the website though it would have been nice to have a few classical pieces like that so that we could hear how well the choir does with that.

Cheers,

Jose

ChrisE
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Wow! Listened to all the demos and I'm completely blown away.

I would agree that in alot of classical recordings it is hard to hear the exact words, even listening to Mozart's Requiem it can be difficult. For only having two weeks to do the demos, it is a remarkable achievement. Congratulations Nick and Doug on an amazing new library.

ChrisE

DallasComposer
05-24-2005, 12:31 PM
I know who BT is, but I have a feeling in this case it means "Beta Team"

Liam

Could be, maybe I was wrong. I know that Nick helped produce and SoundsOnline distributes
his 2 sample CD's Twisted Textures and Breakz From the Nu Skool so I figured they chummed together for this also. Nick or Doug can you clarify who the real BT is? (beta team or thee BT).

Sorry, didn't mean to get sidetracked on this thread about the demos.

dh

Hardy Heern
05-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow! Listened to all the demos and I'm completely blown away.

I would agree that in alot of classical recordings it is hard to hear the exact words, even listening to Mozart's Requiem it can be difficult. For only having two weeks to do the demos, it is a remarkable achievement. Congratulations Nick and Doug on an amazing new library.

ChrisE

Surely Mozart was more of a Composer than a singer? He never claimed to be a distinct singer as far as I know. ;)

Doug and Nick, what a team!!, You have made a huge breakthrough with this library and deserve every recognition and credit for doing so. EXTRAORDINARY!! I CAN'T QUITE BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE ALREADY REACHED THE STAGE WHERE THIS SORT OF THING IS POSSIBLE.....AREN'T WE LUCKY SOULS!!!

I'm sure that everyone who hears what it is capable of will want one.....it will ony be the price that might make them think twice about it.

TOTAL Respect

Frank

PS, I've been looking for the justification to murder an ageing, rich and childless relative for some time........ :D :eek:

loogoo
05-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Here is a question for the folks who did the demos. As a singer who has been involved in choirs large and small for over 25 years, I'd like to ask a few questions that don't seem to be addressed by the demos.

First of all, I think the demos sound excellent - but my experience has been that about 90% of the choral repertoire does not consist of the epic/apocalyptic type of music. That said, I'd like to know if you feel that the Symphonic Choir is capable of doing musical lines that are more polyphonic and horizontal in nature, not so many big block chords. Also, can one do melismas with the choir - hold a syllable over an entire phrase. If so, how do you achieve a smooth legato effect? Sorry, but I did not get much of a sense of this from the demos.

What I mean to say is that to be really useful to a composer who's seriously into choral writing, you can't be limited to LOTR-type bombast. I'm not criticizing here and don't mean to demean this remarkable achievement, but rather I am trying to get a real sense of what the choir can and cannot do (at least for the moment). Thank you.

maxryan
05-24-2005, 01:46 PM
My curiousity regarding different styles is much the same as loogoo. I compose for a church choir at times and I was hoping to be able to provide "practice tracks" so they could get a feel of what I was looking for. I also won't be composing with the huge sound found on many of the demos (though I am truly impressed with all of them - what an achievement!!!) and I doubt I will ever be releasing my work for "public" consumption. This is just going to be another tool in my composition arsenal - but I really want to know if it will work for a more, shall I say "softer" approach.

My second question somewhat related to the first - If I do choose to record my compositions, I am also curious if mixing live vocalists with Symphonic Choirs backup will yield satisfactory results. I would think it might be just the trick to bring out the words more so they could be understood (though I have to admit I am impressed by "Glory to the Knight" and "Dante's Dream" in terms of the WordBuilder utility - WOW).

Nick Phoenix
05-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm going to try and do a demo to show off the Wordbuliding, acappella, legato etc.

BT is Brian Transeau. We started a trailer music company together. All our demos are not demos, they are cues from our library. Except Dante's Dream.

DallasComposer
05-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks Nick for the clarification on BT.

I was hoping I wouldn't look stupid :p

Good luck on the new venture!

tmasten
05-24-2005, 02:13 PM
I just finished listening to most of the demos. I am very impressed and can not wait for this to arrive next week.

Liam
05-24-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm going to try and do a demo to show off the Wordbuliding, acappella, legato etc.

BT is Brian Transeau. We started a trailer music company together. All our demos are not demos, they are cues from our library. Except Dante's Dream.

Wow, I 'm glad to hear I was wrong on that one! I love BT, he's always been one of my favorite electronic musicians! Congrats on the business venture with him Nick!!

The demos are amazing. I've seen some people say they can't understand every word, but if you could it wouldn't be very realistic. Meaning that a large choir singing in a hall with an orchestra on top of it will naturally be a bit "slurred" together. Just listen to any score with a real choir, most are hard to understand, especially in the action genre. I did notice on some of the female and boys choir that the attacks were a bit too similar from note to note. I'm sure if they had more time it could be tweeked to be more legato in nature. But that's very minor and has nothing to do with the lib itself. This will obviously be a ground breaking library.

Doug and Nick, we can't thank you and your team enough for all the hard work that obviously went into this. :)

Liam

V o n h g e n
05-24-2005, 02:34 PM
When is the first mock-up of "Carmina Burana" coming? :D

I doubt there will be any downloadable Carmina Burana-demo in the near future, since Carl Orff's masterpiece is still copyright protected, despite the fact that Orff was born in the late 19th century. Few people seem to realize that Carl Orff actually died in 1982, which means that his estate or any other successor will hold the copyright until 2052 (70 years after the death of the composer).

I'm afraid that for the time being, these copyright holders will have the exclusive right to authorise any Symphonic Choir-reproduction of "Carmina Burana", and I have the strong feeling that they won't authorise for free! :mad:

So, my guess is that there won't be a Symphonic Choir-rendition of "Carmina Burana" at all, 'cause I don't think Doug, Nick, and their collegues would want us to pay for such demo, would they?
:rolleyes:

legofred
05-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Dante's Dream: At 0 min 18 sec (00:18) there seems to be some kind of an artifact sound in the background. Was this intentional, or are sounds like this something we will havw to expect?