PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Delta 1010LT

GtrJazz
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I was thinking of replacing my E-mu1212m with the M-audio Delta 1010LT. This way I can use sonar 7 and Pro Tools. Has anyone used this card? Also how are the beta 64 bit drivers?

Javee
08-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I've used it. And it is a mediocre card. Probably not as nice as the 1212, which i also own.

GtrJazz
08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks Javee so I should stay away from the delta card I guess. Is it possible for me to keep my em-1212m and use a mbox2 when using Pro tools Le?

Daryl
08-07-2008, 01:41 AM
I would stay away from all M-Audio cards, and also especially MIDI devices if you ever want to traverse the 64bit route.

D

pinkster
08-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi geah

I don't exactly see, what you are looking for, since even this E-mu card supports 64 bit systems? Maybe you are willing to have two cards at the same time working; or separetely?

If you are looking for higher grade cards there are plenty of other options. Let us know.

GtrJazz
08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks Pinkster Well I like my E-my1212m just fine but I also wanna be able to run Pro tools as well as Sonar 7. With the E-mu card I can only run Sonar 7. Perhapes I can just get a usb Mbox2 when using pro tools. Or will this be a problem having a E-mu1212m and Mbox2 on the same system?

pinkster
08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Well

I would say there's a principal and practice. Principally you simply just can call off your any driver from control panel while taking in use another; since they're not (I quess) commonly anyhow working contemporarily, at least the ones more specific.
But if your main aim is to use them for any reason for a different purpose separately, you can call of the other driver while using the other. This principally, in practice you can't tell it 100 % before a decent try for awhile.
You might find it possible also by changing drivers through your sequencer, but I doubt if all applications are approved to accept this way, since they easily find themselves in the error mode. If your both soundcards would be USB, propably just plugging off would be enough.

Your audio I would lead for example through a mixer from each sound card and open the channels needed at each time.

Lot of fuss and fight with two cards system is not far away, so consider next time acquirering a proper card for your needs.

Regards