PDA

View Full Version : MOR Help!

SDSena
08-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Posted this in general discussions- no reply. I assume it was the wrong forum! Here's another shot at it:

Have been using MOR for some time and love it. Recently downloaded the PLAY and MOR updates, now suddenly (in my LOGIC project) losing all audio and getting loud pops in its place! It doesn't happen automatically, usually after about a half and hour or so. I'm assuming it's not the update as I haven't seen anyone else post this problem. Still...Very Weird and Frustrating! When I take out the PLAY plugin completely it goes away- what am I to think?
Anyone? Anyone?

rimskykorsakov
08-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Have you filled out a support ticket ?
http://www.soundsonline.com/support.php

rimskykorsakov
08-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Would be cool to know something about your system specs. :rolleyes:

- Gerd

SDSena
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Actually I haven't filled out a support ticket as I was kind of hoping I'm just overlooking something dumb I've done (or am not doing!) Here are my specs: MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz, 3GB SDRAM. Logic Pro 7.2.3 Ministry of Rock 1.0.028. PLAY 1.0.80 EDIROL UM-1 interface BELKIN USB 4-port hub (for PLAY dongle). My MOR app is on my hardrive but my instrument library and sample library are on an external drive (Western Digital 1 TB.) As I said I did install the MOR updates although I'm wondering would it have something to do with the directory since my instruments and samples are on the other drive?
Thanks

rimskykorsakov
08-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Actually I haven't filled out a support ticket as I was kind of hoping I'm just overlooking something dumb I've done (or am not doing!) Here are my specs: MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz, 3GB SDRAM. Logic Pro 7.2.3 Ministry of Rock 1.0.028. PLAY 1.0.80 EDIROL UM-1 interface BELKIN USB 4-port hub (for PLAY dongle). My MOR app is on my hardrive but my instrument library and sample library are on an external drive (Western Digital 1 TB.) As I said I did install the MOR updates although I'm wondering would it have something to do with the directory since my instruments and samples are on the other drive?
Thanks

You say that the dropouts start after playing back your sequences for some half an hour or so , right ?

I'm speculating here , but maybe you are simply running out of RAM, because your system has "only" 3GB of RAM, and actually some Guitar MAster Patches are using lots of RAM. Looots of RAM. And when you are playing back a sequence all Libraries (PLAY/KONTAKT) that are using DFD ( direct from disk streaming ) need even more RAM ... . This is important to know when you are loading huge sample setups and the particular Sampler is working in DFD mode. You definitely need some "Headroom" .

Next time you load such a song you also should open the Application "Activity Monitor" ( ... you'll find it in the "Utility Folder" I think ). This app shows how much RAM Logic/Play is actually using, and shows you how much "free RAM" is still left on your system. Keep this app open and now start playing back your sequence. For example , after loading your song & samples you see that your system has still some ... let's say 1GB of "free RAM" . What you might see later - when the dropouts occur - is that the "free RAM" of your system has significantly decreased , because everytime you are playing back your sequence more samples will be loaded into the RAM . So , after a certain time there will be no more free RAM left and here's where the dropouts occur.

And keep in mind that OS X itself needs a certain amount of (free) RAM too.

Solution: a) getting more RAM; or b) bouncing some PLAY-instruments to audiofiles;

Well , I don't know if this is what happens on your system , but you can easily check it .

Cheers,

Gerd