PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP64 music software compatibility ... I hope everyone finds this helpful!

composeralex
08-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Hello everyone!
I recently added a "Resources" page to my web site, on which there is a list of many music software programs I have tested in Windows XP Professional 64-bit. I have a list of what works and doesn't work, as well as some 64-bit bugs that I've found.
I searched for a long time to find out what worked and what didn't before upgrading to 64-bit, but I found very little information on the subject, and most people on forums were just as curious as I was. So, after pioneering, I'd just like to share with you what I learned ... I hope you find it helpful!
God bless,
Alex

Jacob Falling
08-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Alex!

composeralex
08-16-2008, 12:29 PM
No problem!

Daryl
08-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Alex, I just looked at your list and I notice that you couldn't get Sibelius 5 to run. I've had no problem here, so I suggest that you try the latest version (5.2)

Like you, I couldn't get Wordbuilder to work, but others say they can. I think that this one is a little tricky, as I don't get any of your memory low messages either.

This is not really the correct place, but I suggest you investigate Vienna Ensemble, as this would be a good one to add to your list, as it has a few killer features for those of us running a 32bit DAW.

D

LMG
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Very useful! Thank you!