PDA

View Full Version : EWQLSO Gold big climax!

dcoscina
04-18-2005, 06:27 PM
This piece begins quietly and mostly with Kontakt 2 VSL orchestra samples. But when it moves into the fast section and finale, it's all Gold. I was pleasantly surprised that Gold could handle some quick violin writing- lot of double bowings at a very fast tempo- 2/2=175bpm

Had to bounce my K2 tracks to audio and shut it down though because my virtual memory was getting low with K2 and 2 Gold instances. Gotta say, Gold keeps on impressing me. Yes, I am seriously impressed with some of the legato VSL patches that came with K2 (that is until I hear the Qlegato stuff from East West that is) but Gold is my workhorse.

And I think the brass kick butt! The Gold stuff is 1'56 into the piece for those who only want to hear the EWQLSO Gold material. I'll probably lengthen the fast section as it's a little too short making the piece imbalanced and somewhat schizoid.

Mysterioso Short Suite (http://forums2.keyfax.com/user-files/183988-Mysterioso%20Short%20suite.mp3)

Evan
04-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah I pretty much climaxed myself by the end of that piece :o ..BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO! I seriously can't think of anything to say negative...is this a demo? or a score to something or what? It deserves an audience either way :cool:

dcoscina
04-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah I pretty much climaxed myself by the end of that piece :o ..BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO! I seriously can't think of anything to say negative...is this a demo? or a score to something or what? It deserves an audience either way :cool:

Thanks Evan. Nope, it's not a score to anything. Just me putting Gold and VSL through their respected paces. As I mentioned, Gold is a far more elegant lib to use, hence it gets most of my attention. The few things that it doesn't do (legato horns, legato flute, celesta, etc.) have been addressed in the Pro upgrades so I'm just waiting until then so I can integrate that into my virtual orchestra.

I sound like a broken record on this but whenever I have a musical idea or technique I want to try out, Gold never disappoints. Doug was really so right back in December when he responded to a complaint about Gold's lack of realism. It's like buying yourself a formula 1 racing car. It DOES take a good while to master. Orchestration is the same and I'm still learning the ins and outs of it. Listening to guys like Mahler is a big help. Even John Williams work is tremendously educational if only for the fact that his techniques are derived from Strauss and Barber and guys like that.

ChrisE
04-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Great work on the demo dcoscina, i really enjoyed it :)

You're right, the brass does kick butt, you showcase the gold edition very well. I look forward to hearing more demos from you in the future :D

Laurent JUILLET
04-19-2005, 06:24 AM
Bravo, really great music and orchestration dcoscina.

Craig_L
04-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi David,

I did notice the sudden change in sound stage as you went into the GOLD - from a slightly dead or artificial invironment to a more real acoustic. Also the early strings at 1.05 are rather lifeless. I think you have to layer the two libraries, especially in the violins.

My opinion of course.

Craig

neoTypic
04-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Very nice work. Best of both worlds it seems!

cecgwen
04-19-2005, 08:06 AM
i'm stupeffied by the level of the composers here!!
it's really very nice!!!!

bravo!!!!!!