PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Theme

steveb
04-19-2005, 04:39 PM
This is the "finished" version (is any piece of music ever really finished?) I could have carried on working on this forever, but I have other projects to get going on. Comments/suggestions most welcome!

All Gold and SD.

Cheers,

Steve

Doctor Who theme (http://www.blackermusic.net/misc/Dr_Who_High_Noon_Mix.mp3)

ChrisE
04-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Nice arrangement and well orchestrated :)

Know the feeling about 'finished' pieces. Especially when you have deadlines, its very hard to have everything exactly how you want it.

Did the new series of Dr Who cause this arrangement or something else?

Stefan Podell
04-19-2005, 06:04 PM
A very wise writing professor once told me, "Things are never done. They're just due."

deathadder79
04-19-2005, 07:04 PM
A very wise writing professor once told me, "Things are never done. They're just due."

Agreed... most of my college pieces were "finished" a few days before they were due... ;)

...Doctor Who's on first...

steveb
04-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Did the new series of Dr Who cause this arrangement or something else?

Thanks for listening... :)

A friend of mine has a website devoted to remixes and cover versions of the theme which I've contributed to in the past. With the new series just underway, there's been a resurgence of interest in the theme tune (and it's various remixes), so I thought I'd attempt an orchestral version. I hadn't really used Gold up to this point for a full orchestral-style mix, so it was pretty daunting, to say the least... good practice though. I see a lot of possibilities in Gold... (rubs hands together gleefully)

wayne_rowley
04-20-2005, 07:02 AM
In the words of the current Doctor...

Fantastic! :D

I like the arrangement a lot, much much better than the orchestral arrangement they had for the film with Paul McGan!

Wayne