PDA

View Full Version : solving email issues

Stefan Podell
04-20-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm working on getting SoundsOnline's email not to get filtered as spam, and it would help me to know which email providers are having trouble.

If you are a registered customer of theirs and haven't received announcement emails from them, or if you didn't receive your registration email for this forum, can you please PM me your email provider's name? I don't need your actual address, just the @whatever.com part. Or if you're running your own spam filtering software, please let me know which one you're using.

You can also email me at stefan (at) superkarate (dot) (three-letters-that-start-with "c" and end with "m").

Thanks,
Stefan

awpmusic
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
what good is knowing the email providers name going to do? I have my own mail server on my domain - I have spam filtering - why the paranoia?

Stefan Podell
04-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Andrew,

SO has had issues with their regular announcements getting filters. Also, emails from this forum (registration info, etc) have been filtered in some cases.

Obviously, for those of us who run our own mail servers (I do, too), there's no issue. But I suspect that most of the members here don't do that. And in some cases, there are easy steps to take either to get white-listed, or to analyze what spam clues are in the messages. If I know what providers are blocking the messages, and which ones are most commonly used among SO's customers, then SO can get more of its communication through.

There's no paranoia at all. I'm just trying to help them do their business the way they want (and should be able to do).

Thanks,
Stefan

awpmusic
04-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Understood - SPAM is a pain but unfortunately a fact of life these days - anything you can do to slow it down and get the good stuff through is all to the good.

regards,