PDA

View Full Version : EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT EXTENDED

Doug Rogers
04-21-2005, 02:44 PM
EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT EXTENDED
Due to the delay in the release of the EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES, we have re-opened the 30% pre-order discount until the PRO UPGRADES are released. To qualify for the pre-order discounts you must be a registered user of the original SILVER, GOLD, or PLATINUM editions.

The links to order are -

SILVER PRO UPGRADE
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-161PRO
PROMO CODE: EWPRO

GOLD PRO UPGRADE
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-160PRO

PLATINUM PRO UPGRADE
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-155PRO

SPECIAL OFFER FOR THOSE THAT ORDERED THE PRO UPGRADES PRIOR TO JANUARY 31, 2005
We also have a special offer for those customers that pre-ordered the PRO UPGRADES prior to the previous January 31 deadline. These customers can purchase RA, COLOSSUS or SYMPHONIC CHOIRS at a 30% discount until the release of the PRO UPGRADES. The previous qualifications that applied have been removed for these customers. Use the following special links to get the discounts -

QUANTUM LEAP RA
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-163U
PROMO CODE: RA

QUANTUM LEAP COLOSSUS
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-164U
PROMO CODE: BIG

EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC CHOIRS
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-165UP
PROMO CODE: CHOIR

Stefan Podell
04-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Awesome!

Too bad (not really) that I already ordered Gold Pro, Ra, Colossus, and Choirs. What really is too bad is that I don't have $3300 for Platinum and Platinum Pro! :(

:D

Get thee to thine wallets. Withdraw from them thine credit cards!

Composer
04-21-2005, 02:54 PM
:eek:

Thanks, Doug! This proves once and for all that you guys really do listen to your customers! You can expect my order in early May! ;) You are a class act, sir.

amo
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
The previous qualifications that applied have been removed for these customers.

Sorry Doug, could you clarify tha sentence, it's not clear in my understanding....
Thanks a lot for all those discounts !

Regards,

Amaury

Doug Rogers
04-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Sorry Doug, could you clarify tha sentence, it's not clear in my understanding....
Thanks a lot for all those discounts !

Regards,

Amaury

Previously you needed to own specific titles to be able to get the upgrade discounts. We removed these qualifications for our customers that pre-ordered EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES prior to January 31 and extended the discount period as appreciation for their early support.

For everyone else, the PRO UPGRADES discount has been extended.

- Doug

dcoscina
04-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Cool. Very cool. I'm definitely looking at Silver Pro (although i was before anyhow) but might see if I can scrape funds together for Gold Pro instead. Me likey release trails and chromatic samples. :)

cKaz
04-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Nice! Was waiting to see if this was going to happen. :)

--Chris

Chmara@gainbroadband.com
04-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Say Doug --

Since some of us bought in to the Gold Pro deal early on (me through my dealer in Tucson/Marana) and put the special price on our CCs and have had a couple of release date extensions (perfectly OK since you want to get it alright) might it be possible for some us us to get an extra triangle hit or something as a reward (lol);-) Thatg will make up for the monthly interest of not wantiong to lose the now extended deal.

GC

PS == Any word on the ZeroG Stuff I had sent back and either upgrades or fixes....???? :D

Evan
04-21-2005, 05:12 PM
oh crap...now Im REALLY tempted. I am going to blame East West, when I can't affordto pay my tuition next year ;) . Hopefully I'll make my money back and then some though.

One question though. As far as specs go to run the Pro upgrade. All you really need is enough Hard Drive space to put it on correct? I wouldn't need to upgrade anything if Ive got the space?

Doug Rogers
04-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Say Doug --

Since some of us bought in to the Gold Pro deal early on (me through my dealer in Tucson/Marana) and put the special price on our CCs and have had a couple of release date extensions (perfectly OK since you want to get it alright) might it be possible for some us us to get an extra triangle hit or something as a reward (lol);-) Thatg will make up for the monthly interest of not wantiong to lose the now extended deal.

See part 2 of the first post.

- Doug

Doug Rogers
04-21-2005, 05:19 PM
One question though. As far as specs go to run the Pro upgrade. All you really need is enough Hard Drive space to put it on correct? I wouldn't need to upgrade anything if Ive got the space?

Just more hard drive space.

- Doug

deathadder79
04-21-2005, 05:27 PM
:eek:

Thanks, Doug! This proves once and for all that you guys really do listen to your customers!

Here, here... good show, Doug!

dcoscina
04-21-2005, 06:17 PM
These offers are incredibly generous. And this is consistent with East West's outstanding customer service. Not only do you guys produce excellent libraries, but you also treat your customers better than any other developer I know of. Thanks again Doug for these great deals!

neoTypic
04-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Awesome. Dunno if I'll be able to afford it that soon *laughs*, but awesome nontheless.

Thanks!

zvenx
04-22-2005, 08:13 AM
man this just sucks!!! :-)
I couldn't afford it the first time it was offered, and wished for an extension. And now you have granted that, there goes my chance of finally bringing my money owed to my credit card company to zero......

many many thanks
rsp

Cinemascore
04-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Doug,

Is there a chance that you could please give us a heads up just prior to the actual pro upgrades shipping date so those of us who are waiting to purchase with the pre-order 30% discount until the last minute specifically because of financial reasons can do so in time?

Thank you.

sugar hari
04-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Neat. Thanks so much!!
L.

Doug Rogers
04-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Doug,

Is there a chance that you could please give us a heads up just prior to the actual pro upgrades shipping date so those of us who are waiting to purchase with the pre-order 30% discount until the last minute specifically because of financial reasons can do so in time?

Thank you.

Sure, as soon as we go into replication I'll give you the heads up.

- Doug

Sequent
04-22-2005, 09:55 PM
You go away for a couple days and...

Wow, how cool is this new development! Thanks Doug!!! :eek:

Cinemascore
04-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Sure, as soon as we go into replication I'll give you the heads up.

- Doug

Thanks, Doug, I appreciate that.

Miguelo Adorno
04-23-2005, 11:43 AM
This is totally awesome!

There is not enough credit in my credit card until the 1st of May so I hope this offer lasts til next month...?

- Mikko

Kayamb
04-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi Doug and all!

I'd like to PRO upgrade my EWQLSO Silver.
I have 2 questions:

1) I have bought EWQLSO Silver Edition on soundsonline.com. Does it mean I am a registered user, and so qualify for the Pro upgrade?
2) I'd like also to order Stormdrum. Should I order them separately as Silver Pro is not in stock yet?

Thanks!!

Doug Rogers
04-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi Doug and all!

I'd like to PRO upgrade my EWQLSO Silver.
I have 2 questions:

1) I have bought EWQLSO Silver Edition on soundsonline.com. Does it mean I am a registered user, and so qualify for the Pro upgrade?
2) I'd like also to order Stormdrum. Should I order them separately as Silver Pro is not in stock yet?

Thanks!!

1) If you installed and registered the product at the registration site - you are registered.

2) Yes, Stormdrum is shipping, the SilverPro Upgrade is not yet.

- Doug

dix
05-04-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't find this news all that great. So because EW is late we "get" to spend $700-$2100 more money? I feel like I'm being played. I guess if I had an immediate need for one of these libraries I'd be more excited and consider this a good deal. ...but I don't.

neoTypic
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't find this news all that great. So because EW is late we "get" to spend $700-$2100 more money? I feel like I'm being played. I guess if I had an immediate need for one of these libraries I'd be more excited and consider this a good deal. ...but I don't.

You registered just to say that? (1 post)

Man that seems like an awful lot of time to waste on negativity. *laughs*

EWQL is "late" and so they extended the discount to those who haven't ordered yet since it hasn't shipped. Considering a whole bunch of people just bought Platinum via the groupbuy it makes perfect sense financially and is a nice gesture to those who didn't own the product and had no reason to purchase the upgrades before.

You don't have to spend any more money. *shrugs* Why complain about choices?

dix
05-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Sorry, you're right there's better things to complain about: like why is this upgrade so dang late?! Wasn't it suppose to ship in March?

Stefan Podell
05-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Among other reasons, they released Ra and Colossus, and they're finishing up the Symphonic Choirs, which they've said is taking them longer than expected. So the orchestra schedule slipped.

Personally, I prefer to wait until it's been thoroughly tested, rather than deal with a bunch of patches down the road.

neoTypic
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Sorry, you're right there's better things to complain about: like why is this upgrade so dang late?! Wasn't it suppose to ship in March?

And probably more constructive ways to use our respective time bud. ;)

You know what they say about death and taxes? Apply that to extended software development times as well. :D

dcoscina
05-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I think we're all very much looking forward to the Pro releases with great anticipation. And sometimes it can be frustrating- like a little kid on Christmas Eve. But good things some to those who wait and I second the claim that it's better to wait for a product to come out free of bugs rather than have it released on schedule only to be fraught with problems.

I for one am glad about the extension. I had originally pre-ordered Gold Pro. Then I had to cancel because of financial issues and now I might be able to scrape enough together for Gold Pro...or else I'll settle for Silver Pro and upgrade later (oh, how hard is life eh ;) )

dix
05-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Actually, I'm not dying for this particular upgrade that much. I mean, I ordered it in November 04 for a February 05 release so it wasn't an immediate need. At a certain point however the wait becomes annoying. ....and I'm sorry, but I see these extensions merely as transparent marketing schemes that make EW look like great guys while they make a bunch of money. And as long as people are buying it they'll continue postponing releases as long as possible.

jackn2mpu
05-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Ordered the Gold Pro upgrade this past weekend. Are we supposed to get a confirmationemail about the order? If so, I never got one. To that effect I filled the contact form presented online to soundsonline's webmaster with this question and another about changing my email in case the confirmation email was being blocked by my ISP. Nothing heard.
Could someone here answer the following questions:
Is there supposed to be a confirmation email for the order?
How do I go about changing my email address at soundsonline? I don't want to change my email address with NI; you see, I can't remember how my email address got on soundsonline's site. For whatever it's worth, I get NO emails from threads I've posted to here at the email address I use for this forum, which is a different email addy from the one at soundsonline.

Doug Rogers
05-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Ordered the Gold Pro upgrade this past weekend. Are we supposed to get a confirmationemail about the order? If so, I never got one. To that effect I filled the contact form presented online to soundsonline's webmaster with this question and another about changing my email in case the confirmation email was being blocked by my ISP. Nothing heard.
Could someone here answer the following questions:
Is there supposed to be a confirmation email for the order?
How do I go about changing my email address at soundsonline? I don't want to change my email address with NI; you see, I can't remember how my email address got on soundsonline's site. For whatever it's worth, I get NO emails from threads I've posted to here at the email address I use for this forum, which is a different email addy from the one at soundsonline.

Please give me your order details and I'll check.

- Doug

dach
05-18-2005, 07:36 AM
>>>You registered just to say that? (1 post).Man that seems like an awful lot of time to waste on negativity. *laughs*<<<

I don't have many posts under my belt here but I've already registered so I'll take a minute or so to release my negativity for the day.

It's funny that you say that because there are probably a mess of people awaiting the EWQLSO Pro upgrades, but nobody seems bothered that we don't have demos of that stuff.

Not True. I ordered PRO back in January and I am way more than bothered at that as well as a few other things. Of course we know that the libraries they are releasing are really good - some are exceptional. Many elements of EW's customer service are pretty darn good as well. As someone who has spent more than a few dollars here and someone who has to make time to read these boards to keep updated with the latest "official news", I am not pleased at all with some of the events of this year and I'm not necessarily referring to all the delays and anticipation. I love the libraries they are releasing but certain events that have passed now make me feel distaste towards EW. Since my "negative" time is almost up I'll stop here, but I will openly state that I am not the happiest of customers. I'm glad things have worked out better for others.

Thanks,
Chuck

Doug Rogers
05-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I love the libraries they are releasing but certain events that have passed now make me feel distaste towards EW.

What's the problem you are having? Send me a PM and I'll see if I can assist.

- Doug

mike753
05-25-2005, 03:02 AM
Hi,

At the moment, the EWQLSC pre-order (www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-165UP) reads:

* THE ABOVE OFFER ENDS MAY 31, 2005 OR WHEN THE EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES ARE RELEASED.

Does that mean that this offer may end later than May 31 for those who qualified for that special discount by having ordered EWQLSO prior to January 31, 2005?

Thanks,
Michael

Cinemascore
05-27-2005, 02:35 PM
The "Latest News from Soundsonline" email sent out today (5/27/05) states this:

"ALL VERSIONS OF "EW/QL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA" ON SALE UNTIL JUNE 30
SAVE 50% OFF THESE MULTI-AWARD WINNING VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS"

Do you guys notice the * 50% * discount, instead of the 30% mentioned previously?

I hoped it wasn't just a typo, but it was: I tried the "EWPRO" code on the checkout page to see if the discount had changed any - it didn't. ;) Oh well! :)

Just a heads up on that...

Doug Rogers
05-27-2005, 03:10 PM
The "Latest News from Soundsonline" email sent out today (5/27/05) states this:

"ALL VERSIONS OF "EW/QL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA" ON SALE UNTIL JUNE 30
SAVE 50% OFF THESE MULTI-AWARD WINNING VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS"

Do you guys notice the * 50% * discount, instead of the 30% mentioned previously?

I hoped it wasn't just a typo, but it was: I tried the "EWPRO" code on the checkout page to see if the discount had changed any - it didn't. ;) Oh well! :)

Just a heads up on that...

It's not for the PRO UPGRADES, it's for the original library.

- Doug

Doug Rogers
05-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi,

At the moment, the EWQLSC pre-order (www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-165UP) reads:

* THE ABOVE OFFER ENDS MAY 31, 2005 OR WHEN THE EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES ARE RELEASED.

Does that mean that this offer may end later than May 31 for those who qualified for that special discount by having ordered EWQLSO prior to January 31, 2005?

Thanks,
Michael

It hadn't been updated for while, it's fixed now. If you ordered the Pro Upgrades prior to January 31, 2005 to you get this extended period to order Symphonic Choirs.

- Doug

mike753
05-28-2005, 02:12 AM
It hadn't been updated for while, it's fixed now. If you ordered the Pro Upgrades prior to January 31, 2005 to you get this extended period to order Symphonic Choirs.

Great! Thanks, the update made it clear now.

Michael

neoTypic
05-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the tech field NorthWest. I rather doubt it is EW/QL's personal vendetta against you and all the other customers.

Delays happen. If you don't feel comfortable on paying for an unfinished product don't plop down the plastic. Look at the game industry - pick an anticipated title and count how many times it has been delayed. Start with HalfLife2 for example. ;)

Try being more positive and helpful instead of whining in every single post you make. ;)

Complaints are valid. Constant criticism won't win you any friends however.

dcoscina
05-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the tech field NorthWest. I rather doubt it is EW/QL's personal vendetta against you and all the other customers.

Delays happen. If you don't feel comfortable on paying for an unfinished product don't plop down the plastic. Look at the game industry - pick an anticipated title and count how many times it has been delayed. Start with HalfLife2 for example. ;)

Try being more positive and helpful instead of whining in every single post you make. ;)

Complaints are valid. Constant criticism won't win you any friends however.

Here here! I second that. I'm currently weighing the option to use my points to discount the price of Silver Pro, or else wait for some demos to come out and pre-order it after hearing some examples. I'm fine with that. EWQLSC sound pretty great after all the waiting and I'd rather hold out longer for something that kicks ass rather than a library that needs updates because it was rushed out the door to meet a release date.

Evan
05-30-2005, 02:48 AM
DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I NEED DISCOUNTS..it isnt that hard to keep up with the prices.

They are kind enough to offer them so dont discourage them...

awpmusic
05-30-2005, 02:55 AM
DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I NEED DISCOUNTS..it isnt that hard to keep up with the prices.

They are kind enough to offer them so dont discourage them...

I agree - it's not so hard to work out that a 30% discount is better than the full price. No one is forcing you to rush into buying - that's your decision. These products are fabulous and I'm sure an enormous amount of work to produce - you just can't always produce that quality to a rigid timescale - with the best intentions things sometimes happen to slow things up. Be patient - and keep your money in your pocket longer next time if that's your wish - but don't spoil it for the rest of us.

neoTypic
05-30-2005, 03:14 AM
Guys, I don't complain about the delay. We all want a proper product.

It's just the way EW does business. It got a bit too complicated IMO. And there is too much pressure to buy quick (they say: limited stock, but then there isn't. They say: Limited time offer, but then there isn't, etc)

Reminds a bit of Digidesign with their infamous, limited time hardware exchange programs.

I like EW products but the whole system got a bit too complicated. IMO I'd rather have one affordable price for all and forget about all these discount systems and points etc.
I don't want to be an accountant to work all that out and don't like the pressure to rush into purchasing. If the product is halfway decent everyone buys as soon as they can anyway.

Peace,

Steve

These are common business practices you'll find employed everywhere bud. I agree it's frustrating at times but we're a bit beyond that stage when we were kids where we thought lots of coins were better than a one dollar bill. :rolleyes:

It honestly isn't the difficult to comprehend - there is a discount whose requirements quite possibly will change over time. I think we can agree that a discount is good thing as I know I'm not making any money off these products as it is simply an expensive hobby of mine at this point. :p

I'm sorry you feel put off by common business practices but it's quite easy to determine this isn't quite your old fashioned Mom and Pop business by looking at the money that is being earned off the Stormdrum group buy alone. ;)

It's not a faceless mass conglomerate and we are in the unique position in this kind of business of being able to see the frustration and joys of the developers from time to time. However, I don't think it is fair to put upon them unkindly for problems they are trying to fix.

Take a breather, enjoy the product, if you don't enjoy the product and can contribute constructive criticism, by all means give it! I'm not trying to single you out of the pack, but recently there have been a handful of people that have seemingly signed up just to have a personal bitchfest on the boards.

I really think the majority of us are trying to help one another here. :o

Peace to yah bud.

dix
06-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Wait. Did they move the ship date on this again? Didn't it say it was supposed to go out on May 31 the other day or am I mistaken?

soleros
06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
It seems that the EWPRO code that should work on these upgrades until June 30th is being rejected at checkout. Help! :confused:

Doug Rogers
06-02-2005, 01:10 PM
It seems that the EWPRO code that should work on these upgrades until June 30th is being rejected at checkout. Help! :confused:

It's fixed now.

- Doug

Kayamb
06-10-2005, 04:43 AM
Will Pro upgrades start shipping after June 31th?

Sorry if this was asked before, and if I missed something. Thx very much.

metrobot
06-10-2005, 04:53 PM
will there be an upgrade path from silver pro to gold pro?

(this is probably a ridiculous question since the Pro's aren't even shipping yet, but it popped in my head anyway.)

Kayamb
06-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Sorry for my last post, concerning Pro release. It'll be released on June 30th. I didn't see that the page was updated.

Cheers anyway.

scarr
06-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Doug,

I just attempted to buy RA with the discount, and when I went to checkout, it says that the code isn't valid anymore (I used the link ending in U). As I think the discounts were offered until the 30th of this month (for those of us who have the January preorders), I thought we should still be able to get RA at a discount. Could you please fix this or set me straight?

Thank you!

P.S. Why is it "RA" and not "Ra"?

Doug Rogers
06-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Doug,

I just attempted to buy RA with the discount, and when I went to checkout, it says that the code isn't valid anymore (I used the link ending in U). As I think the discounts were offered until the 30th of this month (for those of us who have the January preorders), I thought we should still be able to get RA at a discount. Could you please fix this or set me straight?

Thank you!

P.S. Why is it "RA" and not "Ra"?

It's fixed now.

- Doug

scarr
06-14-2005, 02:03 PM
It's fixed now.

- Doug
You've got money. :D

Thanks,
Scarr

vosla
06-26-2005, 12:35 PM
i canīt believe what i see *crycrycry* more delay in the release of silver pro?? six months of waiting and three more to go...

but the funny thing is: i think thatīs the best thing that could ever happen to all of us!!! why??

now, ewql could add two really really -objectively- important articulations to the list:

1.)the solo cello needs a staccato articulation, what about mart up and down?
or marc UD? or spicc UP?...

>we need a quick articulation in order to use the solo cello for detailled editing.
>it is systematically inconsistent to provide three different pizzicatos but not a single "short"/"staccato"-articulation.
>above all, you provide around three "short" articulation for every solo string instrument, so why not a single one for cello???
>we are talking about ~15 MB
>i really appreciate your focus on the alternatives, viola and bass! WOW! but the solo-cello articulation list...in comparison...

2.)there is no expressive or lyrical solo flute articulation.

>from all the woodwinds, this is probably the articulation one would expect most to be contained in a detailled library worth of the name "pro".
>once again...4(!) different staccato... how could there be no room left for an expressive - or even better - lyrical solo concert flute????
>~20MB

i ordered already before january...you offer 30% discount on an other product....hm...if i had the money...well...unfortunately...i do not have it ;o)))

ewql-symphonic-gods, i please you on my knees:

i know, iīm not worth it...but

include a solo cello martele UP and an expressive solo concert flute...
this would really dry my tears ;o)))

amen

;o)))

with best wishes,
vosla

musicalm
06-27-2005, 04:36 AM
I'm not following the talk about the new discount for 50% off any product. Is it only for those who have already ordered the Pro upgrade? If so, is it still possible to order the Pro upgrade and get this discount? I might be tempted into doing this and using the discount on RA...

Matthew

Stefan Podell
06-27-2005, 06:29 AM
I'm not following the talk about the new discount for 50% off any product. Is it only for those who have already ordered the Pro upgrade? If so, is it still possible to order the Pro upgrade and get this discount? I might be tempted into doing this and using the discount on RA...

Matthew

The one-time 50% discount is for people who pre-ordered a Pro update before the announcement of this "event."

- Stefan

rsiegel
06-27-2005, 09:39 AM
So IS the 30% discount on Gold Pro continued to....whenever???
thanks

musicalm
06-27-2005, 10:28 AM
The one-time 50% discount is for people who pre-ordered a Pro update before the announcement of this "event."

- Stefan

That's too bad. I'd pick up Gold Pro and RA for sure if I could get the same deal these people are getting. You should consider giving us at least a week to get in on it! :)

Matthew

Calcatelli
07-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi there,

Just two quick ones!

1) What do the pro-upgrades actually contribute to each collection?

2) I'm getting ready to buy the PLATINUM EDITION as found on the home page (Offer for 1495 USD) Is this just an upgrade or the full thing?

Sorry for my ignorance in the matter!
I'm really looking forward to buying the whole thing!

Thanks for yoru support
Chris

Magpie
07-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi Chris ,

2) = Yes it's the full thing , buying it now will also entitle you to pre-oder the upgrade
@ 30% discount ;)

The pro upgrade adds to Platinum these additional articulations >>>>>>>

PLATINUM PROFESSIONAL (PlatinumPro) has 3 stereo mic positions for all samples and is 24-bit.

INSTRUMENTS/ARTICULATIONS

STRINGS

3 Cellos
Sus Vib mp
Sus Vib f heavy vib
flautando nv

4 Violins

Sus Vib mp
Sus Vib f heavy vib
flautando nv

10 Cellos

Qlegato mp
Qlegato F
Marcato short FFF ugly x2
Spiccato up Down
Sordino mp med vib
Sordino mf heavy vib
Col Legno chromatic
Sul Ponticello tremolo
Bartok Pizz
Oct up to sus vib

10 Violas

Pizz P
Pizz MF
Pizz F
Qlegato MP
Qlegato MF
Sul Ponticello near bridge tremolo
Col Legno chromatic
Sordino MP med vib
Sordino MF heavy vib
1/2 step trill
Whole step trill
Tremolo F
Spiccato up down
Machine Gun x17 1 bar at 120 BPM
Flautando legato
Bartok Pizz
oct up to sus vib

11 Violins

Qlegato P
Qlegato F
Sordino MP med vib
Sordino MF heavy vib
Harmonics false
Staccato Up Down P x2
Marcato 2 sec heavy vib especially high up
Sul ponticello (near bridge) tremolo
Flautando legato
Tremolo f
Col Legno chromatic
Pendereki bridge and normal stac and long
Whole step trills VERY slow cluster FX
Static Clusters 3 low, med, high
Spiccato Up Down
Machine Gun Rep x17 1 bar at 120 BPM
Octave slide up fast to sus mf 2 sec bow
Octave slide down fast to sus mf 2 sec
5th slide up to 4 sec sus heavy vib F
5th slide down to 4 sec sus heavy vib F
Psycho FX 1- 2 1/2 steps up fast (3 notes)
Psycho FX 4- minor third half step up fast
Psycho FX 6- 3 1/2 steps down fast
fast 1 sec nv 1 full bow F
scratch fx

18 Violins

Qlegato mp
Qlegato f
spiccato up down x 2
octave up mf fast to 1 sec sus bow on string
octave down mf fast to 1 sec sus
Pendereki
Bartok Pizz

Harp

C D E F# G# Bb maj gliss up slow
maj gliss up fast
maj gliss down slow
maj gliss down fast
maj up down slow, fast

6 gliss up slow
6 gliss up fast
6 gliss down slow
6 gliss down fast
6 up down slow, fast

dominant 9 up slow
dominant 9 up fast
dominant 9 down slow
dominant 9 down fast
dominant 9 up down slow, fast

wholetone stuff C

wholetone stuff C#

Scary Effect in C

Solo Cello

Sul Tasto 2 bows
Qlegato F 3 bows
Pizzicato MP
Pizzicato MF
Col Legno chromatic
Octave Slides Up to sus 2 sec mp
Pizzicato F
Creaks

Solo Contrabass

Sus Vib mp
Sus Vib f
Martele Short Up Down mp
Martele Short Up Down f
Martele short up down mf
Col Legno chromatic
Exp fast mf
Spiccato Up Down F
1 sec full bow stroke nv
Pizz mp
Pizz mf
Pizz F
Exp long subtle mp
Marcato FFF short

Solo Viola

Sus Vib mp 2 bows
Sus Vib f 2 bows
Qlegato mp 3 bows
Marcato FF short
Martele short Up Down x4 MF
Col Legno chromatic
Pizz mp
Pizz mf
Pizz f
Exp subtle soft long
Exp medium cresc 2 bows
Spiccato Up Down MP
Sus NV MF with fast atk
Exp fast cres romantic
1 sec full bow stroke up down nv
1/2 step trills
Whole step trills
Octave up to sus vib

Solo Violin

Qlegato MP 3 bows
Qlegato F 3 bows
Pizzicato P
Pizzicato MF
Pizzicato F
Spiccato Up Down
Marcato short FF nv
Subtle exp P leg light vib no swell
Octave slide up to 2 sec sus mp bow on string
Octave slide down to 2 sec sus mp
5th slide up to 2 sec heavy vib F
Col legnochromatic
1/2 step trills
whole step trills
120 bpm machine gun x17

WOODWINDS

Bass Clarinet

Sus NV mf to go in between last time
Portato 3 second mp
Qlegato mp
Qlegato mf
Keyclicks

English Horn

2 dark and beautiful
Sus Vib mp smooth fast atk delay vib
Portato nv mp
Exp subtle mp atk
Qlegato mp
Qlegato mf
Exp mf lyrical miroslav
1/2 step trills
Whole step trills
Staccato mp
Staccato mf
Staccato F
grace notes

Concert Flute

very short staccato mp
very short staccato mf
very short staccato f
short staccato overblown
1/2 step trills
Whole step trills
Qlegato mp
Qlegato f
Psycho 2 1/2 steps down fast FF x2
sus nv p
Octave run up fast F
Octave Run down fast F
Octave run up and down fast F
Sforzando Exp

Piccolo Flute

NV p
Qlegato mf vib
Psycho 2 1/2 step down fast
Rips up 5th FFF squeak fast x2
Rips up 3rd FFF squeak fast x2
octave up fast
octave down fast
octave up down fast
Rips up 2 half steps

Solo Bassoon

mp vibrato with atk
Qlegato mf
1/2 step trills
Whole step trills

Solo Clarinet

Qlegato mp
Qlegato mf
Portato subtle 3 seconds mp
1/2 Step trills
Whole step trills
Exp very quick lyrical bump 2 sec sus
Octave up fast
Octave down fast
Octave up down fast
keyclicks
Octave up fast slur
grace notes

Solo Oboe

Qlegato mp
Qlegato f
soft exp with slight swell
key clacks

BRASS
2 Bb Trumpets

Mute Sus mp
Mute Sus f
Mute Staccato mp x 4
Mute Staccato f x4
Mute Rips
Mute Cresc to flutter 3 sec
VERY short staccato mp x6
VERY short staccato mf x6
VERY short staccato ff x6
Machine Gun x17 1 bar at 120 BPM
Sus mp
Sus mf
Sus fff
Portato 3 sec mf subtle cresc decres
Cresc to ff 1 sec
Cresc to ff 2 sec
Marcato mf
Marcato f
Qlegato mp
Qlegato mf
1/2 step trills f
Whole step trills f
Octave Up to sus 3 sec
Octave Down to sus 3 sec
crazy fx

4 Bass Bones

Mute Sus mp
Mute Sus f
Mute staccato mp x2
Mute staccato mf x2
Mute cresc 2 sec to flutter
Sus FFF
Portato 3 sec subtle cres decres mp
Portato 3 sec subtle cres decres f
Bend downs 1/2 step Mummy
stac fff x 3 very short
Marcato 1 sec FF
Marcato 1 sec MF
Clusters mp

4 Tenor Bones

Mute Sus mp
Mute Sus mf
Mute staccato mp x3
Mute staccato mf x3
Mute cresc 2 sec to flutter
Sus FFF
Portato 3 sec subtle cres decres mp
Portato 3 sec subtle cres decres f
Marcato 1 sec FF
Marcato 1 sec MF
Bend downs 1/2 step Mummy
stac fff x 4 very short
Clusters mp long 3 1/2 step chromatic

6 French Horns

Marcato f 1 sec
Stac short mp x2
Stac short mf x2
Stac short f x2
Stac short ff x2
Crescendo P-FF 1 sec
Crescendo P-FF 2 sec
Crescendo P-FF flutter 3 sec
Portato NV 3 sec subtle cresc and decres mp
Portato NV 3 sec subtle cresc and decres f
1/2 Step trills mf
Whole Step lip trills ff
Machine Gun sus x17 1 bar at 120 BPM
Muted Sustain mf
Qlegato mp
Qlegato f typical med bright
Octave up to 3 sec sus MF
Octave down to 3 sec sus MF
clusters like the shining some stay on pitch others go down whole tone
cluster cresc like ewqlso 1
1/2 step bend downs like the village
Matrix Hell
Clusters

Piccolo trumpet

Sus mp
Sus f
Stac mp x2
Stac f x2
1/2 step trills
Whole step trills
Marcato mf

Solo Bass Bone

Sus fff
Portato 3 sec mf
Portato 3 sec f
Marcato f 1 sec
Stac mp
Stac mf
Stac ff

Solo Bb Trumpet 2

Sus NV mp
Sus NV mf
Sus NV ff
Stac short mp x8
Stac short mf x8
Stac short ff x8
Crescendo NV P-FF 1 sec
Crescendo NV P-FF 2 sec
Crescendo NV P-FF flutter 3 sec
Portato NV 2 sec subtle cresc and decresc mp
Portato NV 2 sec decresc mf atk
Portato NV 2 sec decresc f atk
Sus SLOW VIB MP 2 sec delay decres vib fade
Qlegato mp NV
Qlegato mf NV
Qlegato mp slow immediate vib
Qlegato mf slow immediate vib
Sus NV marcato 1 sec (long stac) MF
Sus NV marcato 1 sec (long stac) FF
Octave Up sus
Octave Up gliss stac F
3 note fall chromatic

Solo Horn

Staccato short p
Staccato short mp
Staccato short mf
Qlegato mp
Qlegato mf-f
Staccato short FF

Solo Tenor Bone

Sus fff
Stac fff
Portato 3 sec mf
Marcato f 1 sec
Qlegato MP
Qlegato F
Mute sus mp
Mute sus f

Solo Tuba

Sus FF
Mute Sus F
Marcato 1 sec MF
Marcato 1 sec FF
Portato 3 sec MF
Stac FFFF short

ORCHESTRAL PERCUSSION

Celeste 2 vel + rel
Marimba 3 vel
Sleigh bells 2 kinds
Wood Blocks 8 different blocks multi vel
2 different Triangle open mute trem
Larger Anvil
puilli sticks 2 types
Waterphone 50 variations
Rub Rods
Tambourine high pitch
Steel Plates
Taikos
Slapsticks
Mahler Hammer
small guiro
Wind machine
Harpsichord
Artillery Shells
Washboard
5 ft gong fx
37" Tam Tam fx
26" Zildjian Ride complete
18" Zildjian Crash fx
Large Roto Toms

Timpani

Med hard mallet 16 vel left hand
Med hard mallet rolls constant loopable F
Soft mallet 4 vel from medium to FF

Calcatelli
07-13-2005, 02:39 AM
Hi Magpie!

Thanks for that ultra-quick reply! :)

Just one more question:

What is the price for the EWQL PLATINUM PRO UPGRADE? I can't seem to locate it and the link to the actual buying page reports an internal error (which I reported)

I would need the info to define my budget!

thanks again for yoru support!

Chris

http://www.calcatelli.com

Magpie
07-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Hi Chris ,

The Platinum pro upgrade price is "$2995.00" before 30% pre-order discount

The order page is here >>> http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-155PRO

BTW did you know that if you got Gold and the Gold pro upgrade you would still have everything that is in Platinum and Platinum pro upgrade except with Gold you only
have the one mic position and it is only 16 bit where as Platinum is three mic positions
and 24 bit ;)

If you are not to botherd about 24 bit and 3 mic positions the Gold + Gold pro upgrade
may suit your budget better and Gold is half price at the moment .

EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT EXTENDED

Due to the delay in the release of the EWQLSO PRO UPGRADES, we have re-opened the 30% pre-order discount until the PRO UPGRADES are released. To qualify for the pre-order discounts you must be a registered user of the original SILVER, GOLD, or PLATINUM editions.

The links to order are -

SILVER PRO UPGRADE
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml...l?sku=EW-161PRO

GOLD PRO UPGRADE
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml...l?sku=EW-160PRO

PLATINUM PRO UPGRADE
http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml...l?sku=EW-155PRO

paulc
07-20-2005, 04:56 AM
I assume these pro upgrades will work with the original Kompakt player(s)? No need to upgrade to Kontakt (2)?

Paul.

Magpie
07-20-2005, 05:17 AM
I assume these pro upgrades will work with the original Kompakt player(s)? No need to upgrade to Kontakt (2)?

Paul.

From what I heard they come with their own new player ;)

paulc
07-20-2005, 05:36 AM
"From what I heard they come with their own new player"

Which is? :rolleyes: Any ideas?

Paul.

Magpie
07-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Which is? :rolleyes:

Paul.

Pro upgrade Kompakt of course :p

paulc
07-20-2005, 05:43 AM
"Pro upgrade Kompakt of course"

Of course! I should have known. :D

jamesmadisonthomas
07-20-2005, 09:12 AM
first post
okay, i guess i need to visit here more regularly, but if someone can bring me up to speed about a coupla thiings, i'd be grateful...

i originally bought EWQLSO Gold though i wanted the Platinum... Recentlly I bit the bullet and bought Platinum through the group buy. I also just got the Symph. Choirs. I haven't had the chance to use these apps on a daily basis, and so my progress is slow.

I saw updaters on the NI website that seemed current datewise, but when I tried to install them, it couldn't find the application, though i have it installed and it runs...
This leads me to believe that it is looking for something else. Can i get some clarification on the different versions of these products please... do I really have the "best" version with the different mikings and surround sound? The disk sets came packaged according to family (brass, ww, perc, strings), each with a distinct serial number...
Or have there been superior versions released with "Pro" labelling...
Thanks, all...

james in st. pete

paulc
07-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Platinum is good (four distinct libraries - strings, woodwind, brass & percussion, three mic positions & 24-bit).

Platinum Pro is VERY good! You must own the original Platinum to go to Platinum Pro. I hear it doubles the size of the original library, with many more articulations. I wouldn't call it a simple patch, like I would those other updates you tried to download.

Paul.

AndyFinkenstadt
09-27-2005, 07:19 AM
As we approach the end of the month, do we know when GoldPro will ship? (I admit I haven't been in the forums much in the last 60 days or so, but a search doesn't seem to show any posts of recent vintage, and there's no sticky for it.)

Doug Rogers
09-27-2005, 07:34 AM
As we approach the end of the month, do we know when GoldPro will ship? (I admit I haven't been in the forums much in the last 60 days or so, but a search doesn't seem to show any posts of recent vintage, and there's no sticky for it.)

Here's the latest ...

We have received back the masters for Platinum PRO XP and Gold PRO XP from NI after encoding.

We expect to ship these around the middle of October to those that pre-ordered and by the end of October to others, but we are at the mercy of printers and pressing plants so we can only estimate this.

We haven't received the Silver PRO XP master, but we expect this shortly. We expect to ship Silver PRO XP near the end of October.

The demo creators are receiving PRO XP this week. Demos should be available prior to October 31. Accordingly, as we promised, the pre-order discount has been extended until October 31.

- Doug

shnurgle
09-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Rock on. IS Tom Bergersen going to be doing any demos this time around? Do you have Tom's home number? Can I have it?

dcoscina
09-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Here's the latest ...

We haven't received the Silver PRO XP master, but we expect this shortly. We expect to ship Silver PRO XP near the end of October.

The demo creators are receiving PRO XP this week. Demos should be available prior to October 31. Accordingly, as we promised, the pre-order discount has been extended until October 31.

- Doug

Darn, I just pre-ordered Silver Pro XP. Well, you know, I've been so jazzed about this release I can wait a few more weeks. I have the feeling that this library will meet my high expectations and then some! :)

As for Tom Bergerson, yeah, I also hope he works on some of the demos. His music is absolutely amazing. A talented composer indeed. :cool:

AndyFinkenstadt
09-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks Doug! :)

Luis Kieslich
09-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Yes, thank you Doug, itīs a relief to know the steps of the process. ;)

ellios
09-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Yet another delay... I am frustrated, disappointed and discouraged about this whole process... Sorry guys I feel I have a right to throw my brick in the pond now... Although Doug is keeping us up to date (that's the least but hey, thanks Doug) I have had 2 100US dollars out of the bank account for almost a year now... whithout anything in return (I pre-ordered last november...). Sure i took advantage of the 50% off a product - which came out 30% on all the products I purchased! Is this normal? No. Is this intentional? i guess not. I am just about to KATRINA (no offense or disrespect meant to the victims of mother nature)!!!! For the future, for god's sake, DO NOT ADVERTISE A PRODUCT THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT REMOTELY CLOSE TO DELIVERY JUST TO HAVE AN EDGE ON COMPETITION!!! It will harm your company's reputation. Although, I do understand and appreciate your efforts in resolving the situation. Anyway, my message is not meant to discredit the good work of this company, it is meant to voice my frustration :mad: :mad: :mad:

Doug Rogers
09-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Yet another delay... I am frustrated, disappointed and discouraged about this whole process...

To make sure this never happens again, we have changed our policy and will not announce anything in the future until it's ready to ship.

- Doug

tango9jeff
09-27-2005, 06:22 PM
No offense but I wish people wouldnt bitch so much about delays and what not. If your bitching about product delays all the time that shows me you should be blessed for nothing worse going wrong in your life to bitch about. For the love of everything please stop the negitive posts already. Now its to the point where doug and East west are changing the way they do things? That can only be a bad thing for us in the future when it comes to finding out about new cool things.

Jeff

shnurgle
09-27-2005, 07:56 PM
God speed my child, and remember, you'll always have a job here Rand Corp. when you get back.

vosla
09-29-2005, 04:25 PM
HAAAA!!!!

...i think in the case of ellios nobody is allowed to tell him he is "bitching around", cause this is really MASSIVE...

i "only" preordered silver pro.... so the financial involvement equals zero... but this waiting IS
frustrating and it IS disappointing and it IS discouraging... it is gettin RIDICULOUS^^
and it keeps me from trying alternatives... surprise surprise^^

the only thing that keeps me from exploding here in public is that i imagine that nobody suffers more from this delays than the developers... thatīs surely tons of stress... i think that would ruin my stomach... i hope you all get out of this one healthy^^ *big-hug*

why change your policy?? it worked, did not it?? rofl ,o)))) okaaaaay... maybe you have lost a little bit of reputation^^

nobody gave a sh*t when i asked about a stacc solo cello articulation, so i do not have to fear that an "expression of feelings" or some jokes will be felt as too painful. :mad: :( :mad:

synergy543
09-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Damn, well we all better bitch quickly or well lose this narrow window of opportunity. :D :D

ellios, you're not alone! I pre-orded Platinum too back in Nov 2004 fearing the "limited supply" might run out....and being the loyal fool that I am, I also pre-ordered everything else. So by the time Doug offered the 50% off concession, there was nothing left for me to buy but 'Drums from Hell' which I needed like a hole in the head....more money down the drain for me.

So Doug, 'All my money are now belong to you!' :o Please don't complain...its like salt on the wound. And if I die before I do anything with this, my family will have nothing to show. Too bad its not an "investment". And when I tell the wife and kids they can no longer play with Dad's toys (as its only licensed to me)....I'll 'really' be a dead man. For my sake, lets hope my 'significan't other' doesn't feel a need for more than the Virtual Grand - as Hans seemed to approve of FV's wife playing this.

No hard feelings, just wanted to kvetch and get this out of my system. Big group hug. :)

Hope Doug, Nick and the Prof get some hard-earned respect once this is released. Everything I've got from you guys so far is first-class and I expect Pro XP will be no different.

So as I throw my rock into the pond - I'll raise a toast and cheer to you all! its been a long time coming!

Stefan Podell
09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Damn, well we all better bitch quickly or well lose this narrow window of opportunity. :D :D

I'm sure we'll think of something :p

shnurgle
09-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Jesus...you guys are lethal...

Even the Shnurgmeister is at a loss for words here.

All I know is this company produces awesome products. Like...much better than the competition's products. This delay is unquestionably frustrating, and obviously they wont make the mistake twice. I know what I'm getting for the money I paid and when it comes it will all have ben worth it for me. Yes, it was a setback that I didn't get Gold XP a while ago (I just delivered a Horror score yesterday that should have been jam packed with Gold XP articulations) but I got by, and when I finally do get this joint I will be a happy camper.

I'll continue to buy products from this company.

In addition to producing products of consistlantly top shelf quality and usability, this company is SINGULAR in it's approach to customer service. How often do you find a company in any field where the two top dudes go online and answer questions on a user forum?!!

Forget about it.... The unparalleled quality if the products, the fact that if something goes wrong I can ask the top cat for help, and the fact that I just saved a BUNCH of money on my car insurance by switchiung to Geico, will all serve to render this little, albeit frustrating, setback in shipping, all but forgoten.

Love,
Robin Quivers