PDA

View Full Version : My First Gold & Stormdrum Demo

moviemaestro
04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here's my first demo with Gold and Stormdrum. It's still a little rough, but the ideas still shine through. Please let me know what you think.

http://home.comcast.net/~surech/Moviemaestro.html

Thanks!
Moviemaestro :)

Waterboy
04-04-2005, 07:25 PM
very relaxing to hear those nice tones! I am not the best one to give opinions, as I have not done any work like this on my own, BUT I can tell you that it sounds really good! Kepp up the good work!

moviemaestro
04-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks for listening and for your kind words Waterboy! :)

Robert H. Weston II
04-05-2005, 10:28 PM
You should have been posting works all along Stephanie! I really like your use of dynamics and the solo violin. The song build nicely. If I had any critique at all it would be with the snare, but that is purely personal taste. The snare sounds thin to me compared to the richness of the orchestra. Maybe tune the snare down slightly for a deeper sound. I am really into your work though, keep going. Perhaps someday I too will work up the courage to post a demo.

moviemaestro
04-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks so much for your response! I had the same thoughts about the snare. I'll try to fix it in the next few days. I'm fairly new to using sample libraries so I'm still learning. Thanks for your support and kind words. I hope to hear some of your work soon. Thanks for listening. :)

moviemaestro
04-08-2005, 11:17 PM
I made a few changes to the mix. I hope that it helps! Please let me know what you think :D Thanks for listening!

Robert H. Weston II
04-11-2005, 04:59 AM
I personally think that snare sounds much better. I unfortuantely have only had the opportunity to listen in small PC desktop speakers and not through my 824's. On these speakers it sounds like the verb on the snare is slapping a little heavy, but the tone is great. I will try and get into the studio soon and have a listen there.

Part 2 is sounding good as well. I really like the woodwinds. Can't wait to hear the finished product.

Take care,

Bobby

Robert H. Weston II
04-11-2005, 05:01 AM
I also meant to ask if you have an additional website with studio pics and stuff. Thanks again for sharing your music.

DaveWalton
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi,

Good film-type theme. My only comment is to increase the volume of the cymbal swells to really give it more lift in those sections. I think the swells are hidden too much.

Other than that you did a very nice job. This would go well in a wide variety of scenes.

Dave

moviemaestro
04-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies! :) You've been of great help :)

Debinani
04-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Very nice.

moviemaestro
04-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks! I hope to be posting more demos soon :)