PDA

View Full Version : Recording a standalone Kompakt?

jphilpit
04-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Does anyone here use the standalone version the Kompakt or Intakt that comes with EWQLSO, Stormdrum, etc? If so, is it possible to capture the audio output of those sample players into a software sequencer on the same machine (and without using a cable from the audio output back into the audio input of the soundcard)?

If the environment makes a difference, my setup is Windows XP, Sonar, Firewire 410 soundcard.

(I know there are people on this forum who play music from Sibelius or Finale, using a MIDI loopback connector to drive the Kompakt. Does anyone using such a setup record to a software sequencer on the same computer. If so, I want to do what you do.)

Thanks,
John

AndyFinkenstadt
04-24-2005, 01:57 PM
I know that John Philpit uses a similar setup, Sibelius to midi file, import to Sonar and doctor it up there. Hopefully he will know of better, known-working resources to make this happen.

This link, http://www.sound-recorder.com/ , looks as though it is a compendium of sound recorders that could do what you need to do, all of which appear to be shareware in nature.

Andy

Stefan Podell
04-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Um.... John is the one asking.... :p

amo
04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
;) that's a good one ! (confusion)

John, doesn't the simple windows wave recorder work ? I've never tried it, but if your sound card is your main sound device in windows, it should work. You may have to mute the CD drive etc... in the windows mixer.

Regards,

Amaury