PDA

View Full Version : Clicks with WB

yotamros
03-31-2009, 10:46 AM
I have two questions:

1. When working with WB on Logic is it only possible to bounce the midi track in real time or is it possible to do so offline as well?

2. When I play back or bounce my midi track with WB I'm getting click noises at the beginning of some words. I tried messing with the velocity and modulation but nothing helped. Does anyone knows what causes this and how to get rid of the clicks?

Thanks.

fulltimemusician
04-01-2009, 03:59 AM
2. When I play back or bounce my midi track with WB I'm getting click noises at the beginning of some words. I tried messing with the velocity and modulation but nothing helped. Does anyone knows what causes this and how to get rid of the clicks?

Thanks.

i have the same problem with the clicks...but when i bounce the tracks everything is ok...

kenelias
04-02-2009, 05:23 AM
I had the same problem. ComposerAlex (Alex Beard) had the solution: Try setting the buffer higher on your ASIO driver. Depending on how many instances of PLAY you are running, you may have to raise it quite a bit. Experiment with it until you get the right balance of no clicks and minimum delay. My first try with only one instance was successful increasing from 4ms to 8ms.

labou
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
What type of click are you refering to? Is it like audio drop out or like if you cut an audio playback without micro fade or not at the 0 waveform crossing.

One problem I'm having is with the VOTA multi patches. Some notes depending on the release values generate clicks in release like if there is no micro fade or if the playback doesn't stop at the 0 mark on the waveform. On example doing this is the VOTA Womens Soprano patches, mute all other voices and play the A4(or is it A5, A3) notes with different release lenght and you will get at some point audio click on release. This is one example, but I heard many others.

Anyone?