PDA

View Full Version : No words in stand alone mode

eric@elcmedia.com
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Since I can't use SC in FL Studio I figure I'll set it up in stand alone mode and record the output with Adobe Audition. The problem is, I followed the steps in the PDF manual, including using Maple MIDI, but all I get are plain choir samples and not actual words.

This is after loading the correct multi into SC, and activating the MIDI channels as well.

In PLAY SC, the MIDI port isd 1, and the channel is 1, actually I tried multiple combinations, nothing worked.

In WordBuilder, I checked all the channel settings, it's all there. occasionally I get what sound like partial words...it's hard to explain. I feel as if I am really close to making this work. Obviously I am doing something else wrong though, I would appreciate any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong, such as another MIDID setting, or maybe not loading a multi correctly?

I really appreciate your help! It sounds great, I just need to get it all the way. Thanks again.

chest
04-01-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm guessing, but since no-one has given a knowledgeable reply, yet ...

Is the Maple MIDI link for WB "channelising" the data instead of using the setting that preserves multiple channels? IIRC WB uses five MIDI channels(?).

SJH
04-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm guessing, but since no-one has given a knowledgeable reply, yet ...

Is the Maple MIDI link for WB "channelising" the data instead of using the setting that preserves multiple channels? IIRC WB uses five MIDI channels(?).

I am having the same problems as Eric (with both FL Studio and standalone WB)...but one thing at a time, please help us sort out WB! I am running the 64 bit version and am using LoopBe as the internal MIDI router. I've also followed the instructions and as that did not work, experimented.

I am a novice to this but if I understand your response correctly, I do have to adjust the output to 5-6 in the SC Play module each time I load a sample (I guess this is because in the settings, ASIO shows 6 channels?). Therefore, I would expect I would have to make a similar adjustment in WB? Yet, I do not see how to do this. Maybe that's not even the right idea at all?

I would be eternally grateful for some insight! Thanks!