PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think about this suggestion???

danieljay
04-02-2009, 08:37 PM
hello.

i was thinking lately, everybody knows that the vsl samples come dry out of the box right??

well i was thinking for east west that it would be awsome if you had an option to turn off or on the original hall noise ambients of the instruments.

i mean.. why not?? i think i would be cool because say if you wanted a different reverb on the instrument or you didnt want any at all, you can just turn it off and choose to start from scratch with a dry sample. You would have 2 choices on how you want to work with it:)

this way it would suit anybody making orchestral and other genres with this instruments.
im not asking EW to do this nor nagging them but i want to know wat u guys think. or atleast imagine wat that would be like. Especially on the low end part of the mix you generally dont want much reverb... i know i dont!! but im hoping when platnum comes itl fixed that a little when ill use close mic for the double basses.

i think this would be perfect infact too perfect having the ability to work fast or take your time applying your own reverb and so forth. and who says u need reverb on everything ey:) you can experiment a little and be creative

what do u guys think??? and girls??

persentio
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
You can turn off the release trails in EW patches though... That should pretty much reduce the overall ambience level of the sounds; although not completely since all the samples were already recorded WITH the natural concert hall ambience to begin with.

However, personally I can't imagine them without any reverb. :p

danieljay
04-02-2009, 09:45 PM
well yeah u can take away the trails but yeah still while the sound is playing the reverb is still there. so you couldnt add more or itl be too much for me personaly.

Bessinnox
04-03-2009, 03:52 AM
use the C mic and remove the RT , and you are not so far from a dry library then add the convolution verb. The sound is great with the convolution reverb but I prefer the sound with the hall recorded, there is more depth..

just my2cts

Bryan2449
04-03-2009, 05:21 AM
"Dry" sounds? That would require a re-recording of all the samples... probably not going to happen.

SJK
04-06-2009, 02:04 AM
"Dry" sounds? That would require a re-recording of all the samples... probably not going to happen.

Plus it is one of the strong selling points of EWQLSO: No reverb can reproduce the real thing as good as, well, the real thing :)

interpolate
04-06-2009, 03:05 AM
You could proprotionally reduce the volume of each reverb tail and boost it with some ambience, it should stay within phase limitations.

Logicology
04-06-2009, 05:07 AM
Use the close mics in platinum plus.