PDA

View Full Version : FL and play

erickschroder
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I downloaded the demo of FL studio and I wanted to try recording some of my eastwest instruments in it but I cant get it to see the east west files. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Erick

Denny S.
04-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Did you check if you connected the program to your standard VST folder? It's usually located under C:\Programs\VstPlugIns

The dll file needs to be connected to your VST manager or however it's called in FL Studio.

erickschroder
04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Denny,

hmm, I have no idea how to do that. I looked in the folder and I see 2 dll files for Fl but nothing for eastwest

erickschroder
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm pretty much just looking for a free sequencer to try out my new software. I did get logic 8 but my mac is too old to run it well and I have no idea how to hook up my pc so a mac so thats why I was looking for something to play around with my instruments in.

Erick

Denny S.
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Whenever you install a VST based library you're asked to select two install directories. One for the samples and another one for the dll that probably links the sequencer to the virtual instrument. the standard path for that is the VstPlugIns one I mentioned. There's a file called play_VST.dll, if that file isn't located in this folder I suggest you to use the system search to find it. If you've located the folder you have to link that directory to your sequencer. Now I've never worked with FL so I suggest you to use the help and look where you can do that. It's most likely within the program settings.

danieljay
04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Denny,

hmm, I have no idea how to do that. I looked in the folder and I see 2 dll files for Fl but nothing for eastwest

k. heres how you do it.

go to the options menu up the top of fl and click file settings. then you will see something that says BROWSER EXTRA SEARCH FOLDERS. and THEN HIGHLIGHTED IN BLACK VST PLUGINS EXTRA SEARCH FOLDER. click the dolder under that heading in black, now you have to find where u put the dll of play and click the folder it is in to get it to appear on fl. You should of installed the dll in the vst plugins folder in C:/program files, which its useful to put all your vsts in there. Once you have done that go to the top of fl and click channels, then click add one then click more. You are now brought up a list of plugins which are currently in fl. You will see down the bottom that thier is a refresh button. click that and then click fast scan reccomended. After that your Play vst should be there... then click to enable it.

hope i helped.

Lemmonz
Find where your .dll files are at (either play.dll or whatever the old kompact .dll's where)

Open FL Studio and go under Options-> File Settings

You should see a extra VST folder option call "VST plugins extra search folder". Click on the icon and select the folder that contains your easwest .dll files. Close out the option window.

Right click on the "Sampler", go to the option "Insert" or "Replace" and select "More". This should open a window showing what VST's you have. At the bottom there's a "Refresh" button. Click that and choose "Fast Scan". If all goes like it should, FL will let you know that it found however many VST's you have in your VST extra search folder. Scroll through the list and make sure to check the box next to the plugins you want. At this point you can also double-click the VST and it will open. Close out the VST window.

You should now be able to add the extra VST's by Right-clicking on the "Sampler" choosing "Insert" or "Replace" and you should see your plugins in the list it provides. You can also add vst's by going under Channels-> Add One.

Hope this helps-

Zach

Creaser
Hi Erick, if you go to:

Channels > Add one > More > Then click "refresh" at the bottom. It should find your Play VST, and just make sure the box next to it is selected.
You should then be able to find it in Channels > Add one

-Ryan

Wow, three answers in one minute! :)

erickschroder
04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the help!!!! =]

mirrored
04-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Wow, three answers in one minute! :)

Yup, seems like there are more persons using FL Studio. :)

interpolate
04-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Everyone disregards Cockos Reaper. However you may have to watch for GUI corruption. The fix as I found to my tinkering is to insert a Virtual insrument track. Remove it and reinsert it from the sidepanel. It should let you tinker pretty much no problems.

If you use more than one DAW application then using a global VST directory saves you resetting every instance of a plug-in.

danieljay
04-07-2009, 02:30 AM
fl is great :)

Sinfour
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
find the play_vst.dll file, copy/drag it into "C:/program files/image-line/FL studio/Plugins/Vst .
open fl (if its not already open..), click "channel" , "Add one", "More" and "refresh", and the play vst will be show up on the list, and just click in the small box to get the "F". click "channel", "add one" and you find play_VST there :)

you find the play_vst.dll file in "Program files/shared files/East West/Vstplugin"

butchamatt
10-17-2009, 02:33 AM
i got goliath an ive been trying forever to get it to work in fl studio. i got it work in play. i type "play_vst.dll" in my search and nothing pops up. i just cant find that file. please help